The Cure "bonus" tracks

Started by Bloodflower, December 15, 2006, 09:55:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

I'm considering shelling out the money for the UK version of "The Cure" as well as the alt.end (or perhaps Taking Off) single.

Anyone who has heard "Going Nowhere", "Truth, Goodness, and Beauty", "Your God is Fear", and "Why Can't I Be Me?", could you please tell me your opinion of the songs. If they're no good, I'm not going to spend the money, but my curiosity is potent.

Thanks!

PS. I already have the "End of the World" single, so I've got the other b-sides.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Matti

Going Nowhere: absulute must-have, one of their best songs of the last year
TG&B: dito, a shame that they left it off the "regular" US/EU versions as this is one of the best songs from the TC sessions
YGIF: hmmm... it's worth listening, content-wise, but musically it didn't strike me too much
WCIBM?: missing this is not a shame, I think...

Hope this helps.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

lostflower4

I'm quite sure you won't regret spending a little money to get these extra songs. ;)

splitmilk34

Going Nowhere:  Very good song and definitely essential.  Should've been the final track on the album following "The Promise".

Truth, Goodness & Beauty: I love the lyrics in this song and it should've been on the album.

Your God is Fear: Not essential, but a thrilling bassline makes it worth many listens.

Why Can't I Be Me?:  Amazing guitar work and mood.  Way better than "Why Can't I Be You?" and one of the better BSides from these sessions.
"... sleeping less every night"

Darth Blood

Darth Blood

Darth Blood

sorry i didn´t finish  the last post... FAKE... B side from the end of the world single...

:rocker
Darth Blood

Bloodflower

Thanks, everybody! I'll have to go eBay hunting.

PS. As I type this, my TV is on VH1 and during the show "I Love the Eighties: 3D -- 1980", they played a bit of "Why Can't I Be You?" Thought it was appropriate, considering.

Again, thanks!

bluewater

Quote from: Bloodflower on December 15, 2006, 09:55:53
I'm considering shelling out the money for the UK version of "The Cure" as well as the alt.end (or perhaps Taking Off) single.

Anyone who has heard "Going Nowhere", "Truth, Goodness, and Beauty", "Your God is Fear", and "Why Can't I Be Me?", could you please tell me your opinion of the songs. If they're no good, I'm not going to spend the money, but my curiosity is potent.

Thanks!

PS. I already have the "End of the World" single, so I've got the other b-sides.

Going nowhere : A promise that it isn´t the last song we hear from the cure

Truth Goodness and Beauty : Trying to unite the three things in one person so they don´t contradict each other

Fake : Well I think there are two things that no one can ever fake, the first thing is Robert Smith and the other thing is Stanley Kubrick. Obviously this tells about the first one and has nothing to do with movies or acting.

Your god is fear: Song to those who are afraid of RS.  :smth100

Why can´t I be Me?: It continues where Your God Is Fear ends. I don´t know what
it means or tries to say on a personal level (to cure fans). Probably it is a song for objective thinking people who think they know everything about some special subject, but lose their self identity because of too objective thinking.

-bw

Life's too short to listen to lossy music

leipzigcure

Thanks very much for this one, thanks a lot!!!! :rocker
Leipzigcure "Secrets share with another girl, I Wish I was your.."

Dillinger

i really want to hear why cant i be me, infact i dont have the self titled  :smth011 one of the 4 left to get

splitmilk34

I honestly think "This Morning" is the best Bside of these sessions.
"... sleeping less every night"

wickedchild

I agree with you, Spiltmilk34, especially the spoken part. Sounds spooky like "Fear of Ghosts"  :twisted:

bomber2007

If you want to buy "Why Can't I Be Me?" and "Your God Is Fear" it's best to buy them on the Alt.End single because the Alt.End version is an (edit) for the single, it's a bit shorter than the album version.

But if you buy the Taking Off single (it has the same 2 b-sides) the actual song Taking Off is the same as the album.

So you can buy the Alt.End single and get the Alt.End (edit) also.

Bloodflower

Thanks, everyone. Due to your feelings on the songs, I have taken the steps to get the extra songs. Going Nowhere and Truth Goodness and Beauty are great. I already had the End of the World CDS, and I really like the songs on them. I really like the Alt.End single b-sides too. Thanks, all.