Star Wars: In Concert

Started by crowbi_wan, July 28, 2009, 04:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

http://starwarsinconcert.com/

It's the exhilarating theme music you probably know like the back of Darth Vader's helmet, and soon, fans across the country will be able to feel the "force" of composer John Williams' epic 'Star Wars' scores live in concert.

'Star Wars': In Concert is a multi-media event featuring music from all six of Williams' scores from the films. Narrated live by the actor who portrayed C-3PO (Anthony Daniels), the show boasts a full symphony orchestra and choir whose live music is synchronized with and accompanied by specially edited footage from the films displayed on a three-story-tall, high-def LED super-screen.

"We've taken the key themes from the music and cut together all the images that fit with each theme, so you can really get a sense of how the music played into the images," said George Lucas, creator of the famed movie franchise. "The whole soundtrack is a testament to John Williams' creativity and his extraordinary ability to enhance the emotional aspects of the films."

The event also includes an exclusive exhibit of 'Star Wars' costumes, props and production artwork.

Tour Dates:

10/01/09   Anaheim, CA  Honda Center              
10/02/09   Anaheim, CA  Honda Center              
10/04/09   Glendale, AZ  Jobing.com Arena    
10/07/09   Los Angeles, CA  Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE              
10/08/09   Los Angeles, CA  Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE              
10/09/09   Sacramento, CA  ARCO Arena              
10/10/09   Sacramento, CA  ARCO Arena              
10/11/09   San Jose, CA  HP Pavilion At San Jose    
10/13/09   Seattle, WA  KeyArena At Seattle Center (if tickets aren't crazy high, I'll be in attendance)           
10/14/09   Portland, OR  Rose Garden Arena    
10/20/09   Tulsa, OK  BOK Center    
10/21/09   Oklahoma City, OK  Ford Center  

This initial run of dates really surprises.  Not complaining, just that I was thinking only a few select cities in the US would host this event.  

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 28, 2009, 04:07:23
http://starwarsinconcert.com/

It's the exhilarating theme music you probably know like the back of Darth Vader's helmet, and soon, fans across the country will be able to feel the "force" of composer John Williams' epic 'Star Wars' scores live in concert.

'Star Wars': In Concert is a multi-media event featuring music from all six of Williams' scores from the films. Narrated live by the actor who portrayed C-3PO (Anthony Daniels), the show boasts a full symphony orchestra and choir whose live music is synchronized with and accompanied by specially edited footage from the films displayed on a three-story-tall, high-def LED super-screen.

"We've taken the key themes from the music and cut together all the images that fit with each theme, so you can really get a sense of how the music played into the images," said George Lucas, creator of the famed movie franchise. "The whole soundtrack is a testament to John Williams' creativity and his extraordinary ability to enhance the emotional aspects of the films."

The event also includes an exclusive exhibit of 'Star Wars' costumes, props and production artwork.

wait, there was an actor playing c-3po?

jbud1980

omg, how stupid. i was confusing the little trash-can-looking robot with the gold guy. i gotta admit, i have never seen one of those movies in its entirety. :(

nausearockpig

Quote from: jbud1980 on July 31, 2009, 02:26:09
omg, how stupid. i was confusing the little trash-can-looking robot with the gold guy. i gotta admit, i have never seen one of those movies in its entirety. :(

OMG!!! You're one of THOSE!! LOL

jbud1980

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 02, 2009, 15:27:39
Quote from: jbud1980 on July 31, 2009, 02:26:09

OMG!!! You're one of THOSE!! LOL

yeah, lol, i guess so. i do remember having a toy ewok when i was a kid, but it must have been a prize in my mcdonald's happy meal.