2019.05.27 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia) 'Vivid Live'

Started by dsanchez, February 18, 2019, 22:34:14

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Setlist

Part 1: Delirious Night, Fear Of Ghosts, No Heart, Out Of Mind, Esten, 2 Late, Babble,
Part 2: Plainsong, Pictures Of You, Closedown, Lovesong, Last Dance, Lullaby, Fascination Street, Prayers For Rain, The Same Deep Water As You, Disintegration, Homesick, Untitled,
E1: Burn, Three Imaginary Boys, Pirate Ships

Announcement

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Counting down, 35mins til scheduled start.

Its been a strange day, awakening to a noisy refrigerator fan that broke outside my bedroom window (and then got repaired), then it was a Tremendously windy day.

Are these signs of what is ahead...?
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Did you see any other bands, btw?

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on May 27, 2019, 11:31:53... then it was a Tremendously windy day.

Are these signs of what is ahead...?

Yeah, "...'the wind is blowing like it's the end of the world'... you said"!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

Wow, each night seems to getting more profound. I personally felt a deeper connection with the experience last night (but I must acknowledge I also spent several hours meditating prior to the show so that may have skewed my perception of it ;)
Last night everything was so rich, deep, perfect. From the lights and visuals, to each track sounding amazing. Homesick seems to be reworked a bit every night, and this time started with Roger playing the intro on keys (rather than Simons bass) -all seemed to be concentrating and playing to perfection, and the end product was sublime.
The addition of Three Imaginary Boys was great, and allowed Reeves a bit more room to spread his wings.
Oh and I forgot to mention starting with Delirious Night, wow what a great track, and an Amazing experience being in the audience! Reminds me of Tomorrow Never Knows (one of my favourite Beatle tracks).  (...side-note, am I the only one who always 'glitches' when hearing "number 9"?  At my hotel the receptionist said I was in room number 9, to which I felt a strong urge to reply "number 9, number 9, ..." haha)

...ok off to do more meditation now, hoping the deep and insightful experience I had last night can continue tonight.
Coincidentally I'm seated in pretty much the same place as last night (one seat difference) so hopefully this is a good sign :)

Ulrich

Thanks for the review, once more!

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on May 28, 2019, 06:34:04...side-note, am I the only one who always 'glitches' when hearing "number 9"?  At my hotel the receptionist said I was in room number 9, to which I felt a strong urge to reply "number 9, number 9, ..." haha

No you're not alone, sometimes it happens to me too!  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Setlist updated in the first post of this topic. I have the feeling they might close the last night with a different song :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on May 28, 2019, 06:34:04The addition of Three Imaginary Boys was great, and allowed Reeves a bit more room to spread his wings.

Reeve's liked your comment on Twitter ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: dsanchez on May 28, 2019, 13:32:57I have the feeling they might close the last night with a different song :)

I disagree, ending with Pirate Ships is very beautiful and I cannot imagine it being omitted from the final show and livestream. I anticipate a very similar or identical set list to nights 3&4 :)

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on May 28, 2019, 13:32:57I have the feeling they might close the last night with a different song :)

TIB and then...Faith! 😉
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)