What are your Cure hopes for 2018?

Started by dsanchez, November 01, 2017, 06:51:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Now that an official Cure 40th anniversary calendar has been sold through their official shop, I can imagine them doing a few special "events" to commemorate this anniversary (maybe a concert feat. former members or something like that)!
Their first single was released in late 1978, wasn't it? So maybe we can look forward to autumn 2018...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: simons-sideburn on November 01, 2017, 21:53:54
I wish the cure to have good health and continue to play until they become 80 years old like the Rolling Stones.That means for sure we can hear at least 2 more european tours since they touring every 8 years.

In 2008 Bob said:

QuoteSo I don't have these dreams of continuing on for another, like, ten years.  I would be actually quite horrified if we were sitting in this room in ten years' time

http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=5870.0

But we're virtually 2018 (he wrote this TEN years ago!) and it seems to me the band will do something. Although little, the fact they release a 2018 calendar to celebrate the band's 40th anniversary... I am pretty sure they WILL do something.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Borl Poris

I just hope The Cure don't announce that it's all over at the 40th anniversary show. I hope they officially announce a new album.

4:14 Scream would be great if released this year, that way Robert wouldn't feel strange about releasing an album by a lineup that no longer exists. It would just be a celebratory anniversary release.

I also am dying to see the release of the Reflections concerts. I really hope they include all the B-sides. Splintered In Her Head was an amazing highlight

Ulrich

Quote from: skintwinkie on January 28, 2018, 23:59:00
4:14 Scream would be great if released this year...
I also am dying to see the release of the Reflections concerts.

I must admit, I don't believe any of this will happen.  :(

I hope they officially announce a new album.

This, I hope, will happen one day!  :)

word_on_a_wing

**For The Cure to tour Australia**
..though given they were last here in mid-2016 I feel this is unlikely :(
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

A Strange Girl

I wish a duo Robert- Morrisey ( not celebrity deathmatch).

I'm a big Morrissey fan too, but they seem to hate each other  :roll:

I just hope The Cure don't announce that it's all over at the 40th anniversary show.

This is also my biggest fear! My hope for 2018 is an European Tour including Italy...I don't think that's too much to ask! Just another chance to see them live  :)
...I think you come from another world...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 21, 2018, 09:06:27

I just hope The Cure don't announce that it's all over at the 40th anniversary show.

This is also my biggest fear! My hope for 2018 is an European Tour including Italy...I don't think that's too much to ask! Just another chance to see them live  :)

Aye I want them to tour in Italy too mate!! :)

A Strange Girl

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on February 21, 2018, 18:55:35

Aye I want them to tour in Italy too mate!! :)

Let's hope together then!  :)

Ulrich

My hope for 2018 is an European Tour including Italy...I don't think that's too much to ask!

Make that your wish for 2019! Sorry to disappoint you, but it has been said already that Hyde Park will be "the only European show" this year...

A Strange Girl

Quote from: Ulrich on February 23, 2018, 09:27:23
My hope for 2018 is an European Tour including Italy...I don't think that's too much to ask!

Make that your wish for 2019! Sorry to disappoint you, but it has been said already that Hyde Park will be "the only European show" this year...

2018 or 2019 is the same for me, I am a patient person...I only hope that Hyde Park won't be the last show ever

Ulrich

Quote from: A Strange Girl on February 23, 2018, 12:32:32
2018 or 2019 is the same for me, I am a patient person...

That's a good thing for any Cure fan to be (at least for the last ten years)...  ;)