Hello! I am new as well!

Started by floothe, April 19, 2015, 09:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

floothe

hello!  i am new as well.  big cure fan since the mid 1980s.  i've seen them live twice.  i have nearly all of their albums and i'm in the process of collecting their deluxe re issues. they are my favorite band.  just beating the band "my bloody valentine" due to the size of their catalog and how much their songs have varied and explored.  i am nearly 40.  i am also a musician.  i am not in a currently performing band.  the other 2 in the band are in two different states.  i live in the mitten or hand in the united states.  it's such a tough call but i think my favorite cure album is the head on the door.  i think my favorite song of theirs is love and beauty and i can't remember what it's called.  oh yeah truth and all of that stuff.  that interview with robert in french was awesome.  i'm not sure how much i will be able to post.  many things going on.  i was originally searching for any new news on the deluxe version of wish.  i can wait for it.  okay.  be well everyone. thanks for having me.

floothe

oops.  i really should have read my post before posting.  i live in michigan in the united states.  i play guitar and drums and keyboards and i sing sometimes.  the cure probably influenced how i love extended intros and gradual adding of instruments or musical lines.  i've been in many bands.  perhaps nothing anyone has ever heard of.  understandable.  simon-pure.  anaset.  our space in time.  the painting. 

dsanchez

The Head On The Door! this year mark its 30th anniversary! fingers crossed for a show where it will be played in its entirety. Welcome to curefans.com!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Hello and welcome!

Indeed "The Head On The Door" is my favourite as well, probably because it's the first one I got, almost 30 years ago now!  :o
But also because it is a varied album, featuring nice pop singles as well as "darker" sounds like "Sinking".  :smth020
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

cheyler

Welcome also too as well!
Have been waiting/hoping for the deluxe re-issue of 'Wish' ever since the deluxe re-issue of 'Disintegration' came out...five years now?  Can't believe 'The Head On The Door' has been out for thirty years now (1985).  Glad to see another 'Wish' fan!

Sodoura

Welcome from me as well!
Yes, THOTD is my fav album of all. It's because it's different than the others.
It's got really catchy songs and really "depressed" ones, yes..

I think I love it bc it was the second album I got and the one I was most eager to get. It's been almost 2 years since I got it. :)
Where fantasy and fun come to life...

subarucure

Hi Floothe, i am even newer than you but will say 'welcome aboard' too.  The mitten is a pretty big place, how close to midland are you?  My favorite track on THOTD is 'Sinking'.  That very much encapsulated my life at the time, it also has very anti-single qualities to it.

floWER

Ciao ,mi chiamo Florin ,sono rumeno immigrato in Italia dal 1988.Ascolto la musica dei CURE da quando ho scoperto questa band con il album "the Top".Di professione faccio il sarto su misura ed abito a Castagneto Carducci (Toscana),con mio figlio Doriano(13 anni) e mia moglie Mariana(42).Io ho 47 anni.Spero che in questo forum possa trovare dei nuovi amici che condividono la mia passione per i CURE .Io amo fare il mio lavoro ma ho anche altri hobby:Mi piace passeggiare in motocicletta per le strade della Toscana o pure altri posti dove la natura ti meraviglia.