What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

For about a week I was dealing with quite a bit of flu symptoms. I must have caught the pathogen on the trip, although there were two situations where I thought that they actually promote a (severe) cold. It is the rapid airing of rooms when travelers/hotel guests are in them, especially at night (train) or early in the morning when having breakfast. Of course, that depends on where you sit. I sometimes had the impression of sitting in a constant draft, especially on the DB-train. My wish would be that those responsible would adapt the ventilation to the respective season and curb the spread of possible pathogens. 🤧
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Hope you're feeling much better now, MM!

On my mind is the Cure show early next week. I'm hesitant about getting new updates about current shows, so I might have more "surprises" in the setlist...  :1f636:
However, I will probably get "updates" about Frankfurt tonight, because an internet friend is travelling there and I'm sure she will report to me!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

tzare

Two things, if new songs will be added in the upcoming events, and if twitter will last until the Wish Remaster listening party where Robert will join and hopefully say something meaty XD

Ulrich

On my mind: the long-suffering wives of singers of famous Christmas songs...  :1f62e:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/slade-merry-xmas-everybody-suzan-holder/

QuoteThe 1973 glam-rock classic "Merry Xmas Everybody" continues to chart every December, creating an odd situation for the wife of Slade guitarist and co-writer Noddy Holder.

"Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would end up married to a man as synonymous with Christmas (almost) as much as Santa himself," Suzan Holder writes in an article...

"Trying to do my Christmas shopping is often a bizarre experience as my husband's voice follows me everywhere I go," she added. "I'll be hunting for something suitable for him ... and there he'll be, blasting from a speaker. It's very distracting."

She also confirms that Noddy recites the famous outro vocal from "Merry Xmas Everybody" to her in person every year: "Yes, he does wake me up on Dec. 25 by bellowing ... can you guess? If you think it's loud on the record, you have no idea."

:lol:

MeltingMan

Addressed to someone outside of the forum.

@venusianscorp

Thank you for the Gemini reading January 2023. I was already expecting it.  ;)
Your most important sentence in the last year: "don't entertain people from your past". How true...

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 20, 2023, 17:06:45Your most important sentence in the last year: "don't entertain people from your past".

Not sure about this (although I do agree that you should not run after people who clearly better remain in your past)...

I emailed an old friend (from 1989 to 1993 he was around, then disappeared to the USA for a few years, later he came back and we met sometimes and when he lived in Hamburg, I paid a visit), he lives in South America (Ecuador) now and it was his birthday. Hope he was "entertained" by my emails (he did reply and seemed pleased).  ;)

MeltingMan

Quote from: UlrichNot sure about this (although I do agree...)

In fact, the problem is that you throw people out of life who don't deserve it. That's how my therapist put it. The past pandemic has amplified a phenomenon, namely that you either don't see certain people at all or so often that you can set the clock by them. ;)  Luckily that's going back now. Nevertheless, I have to admit that two or three people got 'caught', which isn't even meant in a bad way. They have relied too much on my 'communication skills' and being single I don't want to take all the responsibility on myself, so to speak. Was already exploited because of it.

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 21, 2023, 08:42:51In fact, the problem is that you throw people out of life who don't deserve it.

Yeah, that can happen too, for various reasons...

It's not always easy, letting old friendships die, but sometimes you have to (especially if one gets the feeling of being exploited).

Sadly, the pandemic has made some people insane (quite literally), or they started spreading "fake news", then a point is reached where it's better to say "bye-bye" (for a few years at least).

Also, when an old mate suspected me of being "ironic" when I agreed with him, while it was "nonsense" when I didn't agree with him, I had the strange feeling that this friendship was over.  :unamused:
And I'd endured some "nonsense" myself (e.g. why he had to bring up Trump several times, even though I'd never expressed any interest in that bloke whatsoever, is beyond me), before I finally gave in and said "good-bye" for a while...

MeltingMan

Quote from: M. BurkMy girlfriend was with the company for 11 years, 5 of which as a team leader. Finished the team leader post. Just wanted to give up the position of team leader and only continue to work as a goods clearer. Was completely terminated by the company without a valid reason. She thinks the area management is involved. Because she hadn't told her that. But since the area management has paid very little attention to employee concerns in recent years. The worst for 10 years you get 40 € as a thank you as a R*ssm*nn voucher. Everyone who was in the company after 10 years should get a decent compensation. You are graded per goods clearing. And actually, employees shouldn't wear tops where half their breasts are falling out. You can see a lot at R*ssm*nn when the goods are being put away. My girlfriend is happy to be gone. As a team leader, I was always nervous at the end because the area manager snapped at me on the phone because you didn't get more than 100%. So some area managers should reconsider. Actually, 0 stars should be given.

I just stumbled across this company review because I can guess who this is about. So I'm not happy that she's gone, but I can understand it. She was the only member of the old team and that this moment would inevitably come was also indicated by the onboarding of new employees. I hesitated too long... under different circumstances one could have gotten to know one another better, but in this case it might not even have been desirable.  :anguished:

MeltingMan

Claire Rops-Demolder (1871-1944), daughter from Félicien Rops

Ulrich

Wish I'd had someone like Nick Cave encouraging me like this when I was 13 (or even when I was 19)!

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/nick-cave-gives-13-year-old-fan-advice-on-how-to-live-life-to-the-fullest

QuoteIn the latest response on his fan Q+A site The Red Hand Files, Nick Cave was asked how to "live life to its absolute fullest" by a 13-year-old Australian fan named Ruben, and responded by writing, "When I read this question, my initial thought was that the kid who wrote this has nothing to worry about, they're going to be all right. Ruben, you are very smart, you are engaged with the world and I'm not sure what your creative interests are, but you can certainly already write. Not only that, you are also reaching out for answers.

Cave told Ruben to "read as much as possible" and "visit galleries and look at paintings, watch movies, listen to music, go to concerts ..."

Only recently, I re-watched a movie I saw at the cinema back in 2004 or so. The storyline is entertaining rubbish and "forgettable", but I remembered back then I thought the places the movie was filmed at looked beautiful (old churches and monastries), I should see more places like those.
Which is what I frequently did over the last decade or so.  :cool

Ulrich

This quote is on my mind right now (seems like I have a lot of power...):

"If you have the power to eat alone in a restaurant, or sit alone in a cinema, then you have the power to do absolutely anything you want in life."

Daniel Craig

German translation:
"Wenn du in der Lage bist, alleine im Restaurant zu sitzen, oder alleine im Kino, dann bist du in der Lage, absolut alles im Leben zu erreichen."

MeltingMan

A strange thing happened to me today. Some shops don't yet accept card payments, so today an Irish 2 EUR coin ended up in my wallet. Not a big deal, just the harp on the back made me think of a specific person. Happy International Women's Day!  :)

MeltingMan

QuoteIf you have the power to eat alone in a restaurant, (...)

There I watched two lesbians today. One was pretty well dressed, attractively so, and the other, well... 'logger' type. They sat down so that they don't have to look me in the eye. I would have been uncomfortable too. Once a month, depending on my wallet, I go to the fast food restaurant alone.  :beaming-face

MeltingMan

Addressed to someone outside the forum.

@venusianscorp

Is it possible that you are neglecting your community? New content is only coming every other month and, what's even more disappointing, is repetitive. They don't even show up anymore. Then just say you'll be offline for a while. So have others.  :?