The Cure questions in Mastermind

Started by dsanchez, December 06, 2022, 10:43:12

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Originally compiled by @senlearnuk on Twitter:

1. The Cure's first top 40 single, which starts "Come closer and see, see in to the trees", has what title?

2. What band member married Janet, the sister of Robert Smith?
(see thread for more 👇)

3. For most of the 'Picture Tour', promoting the album 'Faith', there was a 27 min animated film shown instead of having a supporting act. What's the two word title of that film?

4. Under what name did the band, which was later to become Malice, then Easy Cure, then The Cure, make their first public performance, at their school in Crawley?

5. The title of the song 'Bananafishbones' was inspired by the story 'A perfect day for banana fish' by which author?

6. In which city, where The Cure played their last date on their first US tour, did Robert Smith injure his hand, resulting in him wearing a large bandage on their first TOTP performance?

7. Which former member of Psychadelic Furs filled in as drummer on the tour in 1984 after Andy Anderson was fired but before Boris Williams replaced him?

8. What's the title of the opening track on 'Disintegration', starting "I think it's dark & it looks like rain, you said..."?

9. What was the name of the fisherman whose face is on the cover of 'Standing on a beach'?

10. What other band managed by Chris Parry did The Cure share studio time with when recording their first album, 'Three Imaginary Boys'?

11. What Cure single did Reeves Gabrels play on as a guest in 1997, long before joining the band in 2012.

12. The 2008 remix EP 'Hypnagogic States'was a fundraising release in aid of what charity?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

FFS, how on earth should I remember the name of the bloke on the "Standing on a beach" cover pic? Or what charity it was with the "Hypnagogic states" EP?  :unamused:

Quote from: dsanchez on December 06, 2022, 10:43:1211. What Cure single did Reeves Gabrels play on as a guest in 1996, long before joining the band in 2012.

I'm pretty certain that single was not released in 1996, but in 1997 (no idea when exactly it was recorded though).

https://www.discogs.com/de/master/32102-The-Cure-Wrong-Number
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on December 06, 2022, 16:57:34I'm pretty certain that single was not released in 1996, but in 1997 (no idea when exactly it was recorded though).

that's correct, that was a typo of the person who shared the questions - fixed!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo