The Biggest News

Started by mintcure, October 06, 2006, 11:20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Oso Blanco

Quote from: [labyrinth] on October 07, 2006, 21:12:23
well...i think Remasters are excellent !
it's just taste...

No, it's not just taste. Apart from those awful audience recordings - which some strange people may even like - there are some big mistakes that are clearly NOT a matter of taste. Shitty sound quality (World War, Charlotte Sometimes), clipping distortions (Breathe, A Chain Of Flower), cut intros (The Weedy Burton, lots of tracks on JTD, Shake Dog Shake), the abscence of Killing An Arab ... all those things are the result of sloppy work, ignorance an non-respect to the fans. One could even consider it an insult.

If you are a fan, and you listen to the remasters closely ... can you look me straight in the eye, still telling me that they are excellent?
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

dsanchez

Hey Cult_Hero and JapaniseBabe...calm down...be happy...it's just a DVD..it's not the end of the world  :smth023

Cheers,

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

strange_day

i dont think any of us are in a position to demand things from robert or the band, the fact that they are still going after nearly 30 years shows that they care about what they do, robert could have gone away with his millions way back in 1987 or '89 and never bothered with music again, but he didnt, its not their duty to serve you as consumers,if you dont like dont buy it, if you do then do buy it.

gecko

I am skeptical of this rumor.

1- Theres no advance sales sheet information anywhere online or at store chains
2- What fans taped this and when/how were they chosen?
3- Why isn't any of it available on servers already for sharing?

What fan or otherwise wouldn't just jack the camera and recording for themselves,
run home, and upload it for sharing/trading.

On the other hand, if it is all true, imagine the editing nightmare synching all these camera angles together and the dizzying effects of its outcome.

btw. daren butler is a writer (Cure - on Record), not a musician/sound mixer that I'm aware of anyway....

[labyrinth]

Quote from: Oso Blanco on October 07, 2006, 21:55:37
If you are a fan, and you listen to the remasters closely ... can you look me straight in the eye, still telling me that they are excellent?
yes, i can.
but maybe...am i not a fan like you....  :?
that's quite absurd...if you don't like those things..then, don't buy it... i found "JTD" perfect as it is.. and the Remasters (apart only from the live recordings) are so interesting...

and again...
we're talking about a thing not yet released, and we are already saying this will be s**t,that's a thing i wouldn't expect from a Cure fan..
sorry...

Gweza

I can't wait to see this 2005 DVD as I can't wait to see (again) Orange, Show, Tokyo, ... remastered on DVD (as promised by Robert ...) and with all there faults and goods ... Cure rules  :rocker

cult_hero

all i wanted to say about the first posting of japanesebaby was her sentence that sounded so undemanding. it sounded like a typical fan behaviour, like everything the master will do and release is okay. if you are all happy with this upcoming dvd it's okay for me. but i think it's also okay to say something negative. i used to have this behaviour in the past as well but this is definite over since 2004 (no write error, i really mean 2004).

unfortunately i've also made the experience that it's not very popular to say something negative about the band. there are just a few topics in which are negative comments are always welcome again and again (jason is plays bad, wms is bad...).

anyway! i'm tired of explaining myself here.

peace!

[labyrinth]

of course cult_hero is okay to say something negative...
the matter is, we have to wait for dvd to see and then we can say ..it's bad or not.. :)
and me, i don't like the 2004 (Album [but i love b-sides] + Tour) and that's really a bad period for The Cure in my opinion ...but then, i instead loved 2005 ...so i have no problem to say if a thing is bad or not...
as i was saying before...there are no A- Fan or B- Fan ...that's just taste...

anyway i didn't want to make such noise :)
so..come on.. peace :)

p.s.= i enjoy WMS (apart from 2/3 songs) ..it's weird  :-D

cult_hero

i also like wms very much...  :smth023

i know: we all don't know the dvd, how it will be and if it ever will be released (i have my doubts it will appear this year. come on, we all know robert!). i can just speak for me and you all know that i don't like what they've done last year but i'm sure if you like the 2005 stuff he will also like the new dvd. i don't understand this upcoming release cos there are for sure soooo many other recordings from the past. but i also know robert is happy with the current situation. that's why he will release stuff from the last year (and of course without roger and perry.  ;) ).

strange_day

i also think this dvd is roberts way of justifying the sacking of roger and perry, and sort of saying 'look, this is how i wanted us to sound', i dont think they really achieved it last year, whether it was the right decision or not, i will only make judgement when the new album comes out (if it ever does), because i thought the RAH show was much tighter than when they played last year. So who knows, it could work, its just waiting again i suppose.........

[labyrinth]

well..i would ask more why a mix of 9 shows ?
and not a single show as RAH (that was better for the quality than 2005 shows) ?

i would ask about this thing..

however , i'm really hoping this will find his way to release later in this year and not in the next year...

:)

rodney

Normally, when a band releases a DVD of a live show, they like for there to be at least 2 shows for them to choose the material from.  That way, if something messes up they can take the song from a different show.  The festival shows were all nearly identical sets with nearly identical stage set-ups.  So, if say, Robert loses his voice during The Blood, they can just pull it from a different appearance.

The only problem that I have with this current lineup is that it does limit the songs that they can perform.  Some, like Plainsong, simply don't work without keyboards.