Uploading files to megaupload is faster with Opera?

Started by dsanchez, September 25, 2007, 23:10:44

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

It's the third time I upload files to megaupload.com using Opera and I've noticed how fast they get to be uploaded. Right now, I am uploading a 400Mb file and so far 6.2% of the total have been uploaded, in just 7 minutes! That means, almost 1% per minute, which is great for so big file, don't you think?

If you dont have Opera yet, maybe is worth to try it

http://www.opera.com/

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on September 25, 2007, 23:10:44
It's the third time I upload files to megaupload.com using Opera and I've noticed how fast they get to be uploaded. Right now, I am uploading a 400Mb file and so far 6.2% of the total have been uploaded, in just 7 minutes! That means, almost 1% per minute, which is great for so big file, don't you think?

If you dont have Opera yet, maybe is worth to try it

http://www.opera.com/

i remember i swithced into using opera for a while pretty long ago, when i had problems with my uploads/downloads with megaupload breaking up. i was tipped that opera has a download manager that should ease this out, and i remember it did.
i can't remember if it was really faster than other browsers though. anyway i guess at least it felt faster because my connection wasn't breaking up every once in a while (which meant that i didn't have to start from the beginning all the time). anyway, i went back to using my old browser after i moved to a new apartment and got a new connection: because i noticed that with the new connection i didn't have the same problems anymore.
so it could also be partially a connection/provider thing i guess...(?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 23:35:29

Not sure. I make all this uploading from my University, where connection should be fast. Uploading files to Megaupload in Firefox or IE take ages, but while I'm writing this 21.6% of more than 400Mb have been uploaded to Megaupload using Opera. That's cool, I think.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on September 25, 2007, 23:37:23
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 23:35:29

Not sure. I make all this uploading from my University, where connection should be fast. Uploading files to Megaupload in Firefox or IE take ages, but while I'm writing this 21.6% of more than 400Mb have been uploaded to Megaupload using Opera. That's cool, I think.

well whatever the reason, i guess it's cool if it's making things easier.  :smth023
i just remember that i never really found out why my old connection (in my old apartment) was so much shittier than the new one (in my new one). another thing i never understood: i also used to do a lot of uploading/downloading from the university where i work. and whereas the connection there should beat my home connetion 6-0 anytime, yet i always had serious trouble uploading anything at all to megaupload from there. mostly i couldn't even connect to the site properly. i even asked the reason from the university computer/server techs but they were totally clueless about it.
i guess today i use megaupload/rapidshare so little that it doesn't really matter and i'd mostly forgotten about the whole thing until you reminded me about it here.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine