absolutely fanatical

Started by irishcream, February 01, 2014, 08:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

irishcream

Hello my fellow fans!!! Are all of you as fanatical about Robert Smith as I am? I have yet to meet anyone who loves and admires him as much as I do. Maybe I just haven't made the right friends. I get angry when I talk to people about The Cure and they don't really even know who they are. I immediately dismiss them as morons LOL. Is there something wrong with that? I mean ,I don't expect everyone to have a portrait of Robert Smith tattooed on their arm like I do,  but in my opinion he's the greatest musician and artist that ever lived...so if someone doesn't know who he is, I can't help it...I frown upon them. Obsessed much? LOL ! I hope all of you good people understand where I'm coming from. Oh by the way ...I'm from Atlanta, Georgia and I hope The Cure comes back soon.

Ulrich

Quote from: irishcream on February 01, 2014, 08:10:03
Maybe I just haven't made the right friends. I get angry when I talk to people about The Cure and they don't really even know who they are. I immediately dismiss them as morons LOL. Is there something wrong with that?

Yes, there is. It's not necessary to dismiss other people just for having different taste or missing out on something good.
Btw, I wouldn't enjoy it if suddenly all kinds of hiphop or "boygroup" fans would get into the Cure. There would be something wrong for sure.  :?
The Cure have enjoyed a wonderful career, by remaining themselves and not becoming too "mainstream", i.e. I think they can live very well without those people who don't even know them!

A warm "welcome" to you anyway!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: irishcream on February 01, 2014, 08:10:03
Hello my fellow fans!!! Are all of you as fanatical about Robert Smith as I am?

Welcome to curefans.com!

I don't know many Robert Smith fans but I know quite a few The Cure fans (for instance, one of our members have seen the band 153 times).

I understand your frustration when people don't know The Cure. Although the band is not mainstream I think "Boys Don't Cry", "Friday I'm In Love" are songs that everyone know and that should be part of the popular knowledge". Yet, still not many associate the name of the band with those songs. Anyway...

Welcome again!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo