Hypnagogic States (the september EP)

Started by [labyrinth], July 24, 2008, 18:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

HYPNAGOGIC STATES EP

7/23/2008 5:59:23 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

THE SEPTEMBER 13TH FOUR TRACK REMIX EP WILL BE CALLED 'HYPNAGOGIC STATES'...

AT THE MOMENT THERE ARE A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE WORKING ON DIFFERENT MIXES OF THE ONLY ONE... FREAKSHOW... SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD... THE PERFECT BOY

... THERE MAY BE MORE THAN ONE OF THESE EP'S I FEEL!

ALL PROFIT GENERATED BY THIS RELEASE - IE ALL OUR ROYALTIES... AND UNIVERSALS TOO? WATCH THIS SPACE! - WILL BENEFIT THE INTERNATIONAL RED CROSS

ONWARDS...

RSX

-----

what do you think about it?

wish-man

My post on Cure.Com is:

Robert, why u become to the special country??? It's a little bit stupid. U are british man then call ur EP 'HYPNAGOGIC KINGDOM' or 'HYPNAGOGIC UK'... I think u must change title, cuz I think many European country's would be sad... U just upseting all others nations! pay attention to wht Im saying... thanks

well, maybe I'm mistaken, but its my opinion...  :roll:
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

Janko

Quote from: wish-man on July 24, 2008, 18:30:31
Robert, why u become to the special country??? It's a little bit stupid. U are british man then call ur EP 'HYPNAGOGIC KINGDOM' or 'HYPNAGOGIC UK'... I think u must change title, cuz I think many European country's would be sad... U just upseting all others nations! pay attention to wht Im saying... thanks

We're you in some sort of special "state"?

:-D

PS

So, we'll get new Japanese Whispers?!
I don't know what to think...
Where's Lament? Where's Just One Kiss?! Not to mention Lovecats...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Lostflowerboy

I like the cover although I don't care that much about it.
Can't await to listen to those remixes, let's hope they rock. :smth023

KingOfSomeIsland

U are british man then call ur EP 'HYPNAGOGIC KINGDOM' or 'HYPNAGOGIC UK'... I think u must change title, cuz I think many European country's would be sad...

Yr mistaken. A hypnagogic state is when youre half-asleep and half-awake.

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on July 25, 2008, 04:00:21

U are british man then call ur EP 'HYPNAGOGIC KINGDOM' or 'HYPNAGOGIC UK'... I think u must change title, cuz I think many European country's would be sad...

He's prolly refering to the US flag design on the cover.  Maybe they think Americans are half asleep (during 65DOS set) and half awake (during Cure set).  :-D ;)

Bloodflower

Hypnagogic States is a pun -- sort of. The US reference is clear from the picture he posted, but I wouldn't assume just yet that that is the EP artwork. It doesn't seem particularly Parched Art to me, but then I'm just a guy on a board; what do I know? Let's wait and see.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

wish-man

Ouh, Ok. Thanks for explanation!  :smth023
Sorry, my english isn't so good enough...  :oops:

disintegration

This is my opinion, too!
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

melly

Quote from: disintegration on July 25, 2008, 10:53:00

This is my opinion, too!

before you get yourselves tied up in knots over Robert "choosing" America, stop and think...hypnogogic state is the state of just before you fall asleep... that moment in time between being awake and falling asleep,(some people having hallucinations and visions in that short period). I think you might find he's taking a shot at America (it's government more than its' people) NOT being complimentary at all. I just had a look in COF,and my god, I came away with a headache, you should see the shit going on over there about this topic...

" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

wish-man

Ouh C'mon! I said I misunderstood what "Hypnagogic States" means at all, cuz I thought it simpliciter connecting with America etc. to hell with it! Will see wht heppens after release...  :roll:

But anyway, Robert has bigger attention now on America than Europe  :(
And we can't contend with this fact  ;)
Just look, he never visit BIG Russia with a concert! :shock:
I'm again mistaken?  :cry:

scatcat

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on July 25, 2008, 04:52:01

He's prolly refering to the US flag design on the cover.  Maybe they think Americans are half asleep (during 65DOS set) and half awake (during Cure set).  :-D ;)

:smth046  :smth043

Quote from: melly on July 25, 2008, 11:35:52

before you get yourselves tied up in knots over Robert "choosing" America, stop and think...hypnogogic state is the state of just before you fall asleep... that moment in time between being awake and falling asleep,(some people having hallucinations and visions in that short period). I think you might find he's taking a shot at America (it's government more than its' people) NOT being complimentary at all. I just had a look in COF,and my god, I came away with a headache, you should see the shit going on over there about this topic...

quite an interesting viewpoint there melly !  .. and thanks for the warning over COF.. I don't need another f***ng head ache !   :?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Janko

Quote from: wish-man on July 25, 2008, 15:43:42
But anyway, Robert has bigger attention now on America than Europe  :(
And we can't contend with this fact  ;)
Just look, he never visit BIG Russia with a concert! :shock:
I'm again mistaken? 

No.
You're right this time!
It was like that since the last album...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Yves28

Well I learned a new word in english today ... :-D

KingOfSomeIsland

Well Im actually not that smart...

I just looked it up haha