Disintegration 3CD Deluxe Edition (2010)

Started by Janko, October 08, 2009, 19:00:07

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

Well, an album with a title like that is bound to get delayed or lost somewhere down the line.
again and again and again and again and again and...

fiction

Well from yesterday you can pre-order it from CD-ON http://cdon.se/musik/cure/disintegration_(20th_anniversa_%5bimport%5d-7791850 here in Sweden. Release date 2010 02 16 and an expensive li´l bastard. Absolutely not my favourite album but my guess is that I´ll buy it anyway.
again and again and again and again and again and...

Janko

Quote from: fiction on December 17, 2009, 17:09:50
Well, an album with a title like that is bound to get delayed or lost somewhere down the line.

My thoughts exactly!
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

othervoices

Release seems to be pushed back to March (COF)

kingofsorrow

الحس تيزي
nagetemo mou imi datta chigiretetta kuso kurae omoide nanka
TO LIVE, IS TO BE A SLAVE TO PAIN.
to live is to suffer but to survive Well that's to find meaning in the suffering.

Trust...

Some news :rocker Thanks to COF!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Disintegration 3 CD edition covers & info

Cover art for Disintegration, the Extras, and Entreat Plus.

Key Features:
3 disc Deluxe Edition including the original album, a second disc of rarities and the live album Entreat Plus
- Digitally re-mastered from the original master tapes
- Compiled and supervised by Robert Smith
- Features a total of 24 tracks for the first time on CD
- For the first time the entire Entreat Plus live recording from Wembley 1989 with four previously unreleased performances
- Deluxe package contains a 24 page book including sleeve notes and lyrics with rare and previously unseen photographs
- The double gatefold vinyl release will be the re-mastered 12 track original album
- A re-mastered single CD release of the album will follow three months later

Promo Sampler:
A special Disintegration Deluxe Edition CD promo sampler containing nine tracks will be available. Tracklisting:
from CD2 'extras' (1988-1989)
01 PRAYERS FOR RAIN (RS HOME INSTRUMENTAL DEMO-04/88)
02 THE SAME DEEP WATER AS YOU (BAND INSTRUMENTAL DEMO-09/88)
03 DELIRIOUS NIGHT (ROUGH MIX-12/88)
from CD1 the album
04 PICTURES OF YOU
05 CLOSEDOWN
06 LOVESONG
from CD3 'entreat plus'
07 LULLABY (LIVE)
08 FASCINATION STREET (LIVE)
09 DISINTEGRATION (LIVE)

More re-mastered The Cure releases will follow in 2010, including Mixed Up, In Orange, Show & more.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

othervoices

Love the lullaby extra's cover!... actually all of the deluxe edition alternate covers have been mint!

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cure89

Regarding to Amazon Germany the release date has been postponed to April  :(.

Trust...

Official News  ;)

The Cure - Disintegration... THE PUFF...

Deluxe Edition - Polydor/Universal

Date : 24th May 2010

Three-Disc Deluxe Edition Produced & Compiled by Robert Smith, Including a Remastered Version of the Original Album, plus Unreleased Songs, Demos, Out-takes and Live Performances.

The Cure’s eighth studio album, released in 1989, is the dark tour de force Disintegration.

Following on from 1987's outstanding Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me release, and spurred by the hits “Lullaby”, “Fascination Street“, “Lovesong” and “Pictures Of You”, the album quickly became the group’s most successful yet, with sales topping more than 3 million, as the band sold out stadiums and arenas around the world.

Polydor/Universal reissues this landmark album, remastering the original, adding a disc of unreleased out-takes and demos, plus a third disc that contains a live performance of the entire album recorded in 1989 over 3 nights at Wembley Arena, London, the European climax of the The Cure's global ‘Prayer Tour‘. This Deluxe Edition comes with a 20 page booklet containing previously unseen pictures and art, as well as lyrics and an in depth overview of the period by the band's founder Robert Smith.

Robert Smith compiled, produced, and supervised the mastering of this three-disc collection, which covers the evolution of Disintegration, from demos and rehearsals to studio and stage. The first disc contains newly remastered versions of the album’s original 12 tracks.

Gathering 20 unreleased tracks, the second disc trawls through Smith’s home recordings to find early instrumental demos of fan favourites “Pictures Of You”, “Prayers For Rain” and “Fascination Street.” The Cure can be heard rehearsing and arranging various instrumental versions, including ”Homesick”, “Closedown” and “The Same Deep Water As You”, as well as playing studio out-takes of several other tracks,  including “Plainsong”. The disc also contains four unreleased songs: “Noheart”, “Esten”, “Delirious Night” and a cover of Judy Collins’ “Pirate Ships”, the latter a solo performance by Smith that was recorded for, but ultimately not included on, Rubáiyát, a 1990 album celebrating Elektra Records’ 40th anniversary.

For the final disc, Smith remixes and expands Entreat, a live album recorded in 1989 at Wembley Arena. Entreat Plus combines the original’s eight tracks, remixed with the four 'missing' songs to create a complete contemporary live version of Disintegration.

Comments Stuart Braithwaite of Mogwai: “Disintegration by The Cure is one of the greatest records of all time. It has the feel that only a tiny amount of albums have, that it exists completely in its own universe, immune to context or fashion. I literally cannot imagine the band members in a room playing these songs for the first time, its as if they've always been there. From stunning opener “Plainsong” through to “Untitled”, it is unrelentingly beautiful and achingly sad. Disintegration is a simply wonderful record.”

DISINTEGRATION: DELUXE EDITION

Disc One: Remastered Album

01: Plainsong

02: Pictures Of You

03: Closedown

04: Lovesong

05: Last Dance

06: Lullaby

07: Fascination Street

08: Prayers For Rain

09: The Same Deep Water As You

10: Disintegration

11: Homesick

12: Untitled

Disc Two: Rarities (1988 - 1989)     

01: Prayers For Rain – RS Home Demo (Instrumental)

02: Pictures Of You – RS Home Demo (Instrumental)

03: Fascination Street – RS Home Demo (Instrumental)

04: Homesick – Band Rehearsal (Instrumental)

05: Fear Of Ghosts – Band Rehearsal (Instrumental)

06: Noheart – Band Rehearsal (Instrumental)*

07: Esten – Band Demo (Instrumental)*

08: Closedown – Band Demo (Instrumental)

09: Lovesong – Band Demo (Instrumental)

10: 2 Late (alternate version) – Band Demo (Instrumental)

11: The Same Deep Water As You – Band Demo (Instrumental)

12: Disintegration  – Band Demo (Instrumental)

13: Untitled  (alternate version) – Studio Rough (Instrumental)

14: Babble (alternate version) – Studio Rough (Instrumental)

15: Plainsong  – Studio Rough (Guide Vocal)

16: Last Dance  – Studio Rough (Guide Vocal)

17: Lullaby  – Studio Rough (Guide Vocal)

18: Out Of Mind  – Studio Rough (Guide Vocal)

19: Delirious Night  – Rough Mix (Vocal)*

20: Pirate Ships  – RS Solo, Rough Mix (Vocal)*

* Previously Unreleased Song

Disc Three: Entreat Plus

01: Plainsong*

02: Pictures Of You

03: Closedown

04: Lovesong*

05: Last Dance

06: Lullaby*

07: Fascination Street

08: Prayers For Rain

09: The Same Deep Water As You*

10: Disintegration

11: Homesick

12: Untitled

* Previously Unreleased Live Performance

http://www.thecure.com/default.aspx
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

chinesewhispers

From Myspace and Facebook >> Disintegration Advert

Matti

Wow - looks like a nicely refreshed version of the faded poster that I used to put above my HiFi rack.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

japanesebaby

Quote from: chinesewhispers on April 16, 2010, 16:59:30
From Myspace and Facebook >> Disintegration Advert

this is just the old advert for the original release of disintegration, not a new or refreshed one for the deluxe release.
it even says "mc" (= music cassette) there - i don't think there'll be an analogue cassette release for the digitally mastered re-release. ;)
it's a nice advert though. i always liked that poster.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine