2007.07.27 Naeba 'Fuji Rock Festival' (Japan)

Started by bomber2007, March 12, 2007, 02:04:19

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 27, 2007, 20:59:57
Quote from: japanesebaby on July 27, 2007, 20:36:10no shit? how about... porcupine tree? you know that's really quite popular these days - we've seen people switching over there... hahaha.
ok... :lol:

I don't know about these Porcupine dudes.

i'd say they're good but not that good. so that's exactly why i said it...

my second option for you would have been... morrissey. :)

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 27, 2007, 20:59:57
Maybe I'll just go to a few of their shows this fall and leave before The Cure's set. :smth011

reminds me of when NIN was supporting guns'n'roses' european tour sometime way back. i heard that gnr fans booed them off almost every night :smth011 but i also know people who followed the tour only to see NIN and always left right after them.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Kind of reminds me of 2 summers ago when I was living in Ireland.  I lived right next to Marlay Park, and Coldplay was playing there with Interpol as the opener.  I saw Interpol and attempted to leave.  It took me nearly 20 minutes just to leave.  I think I was the only one leaving- security was giving me a hell of a time!

j

Not sure if this link will work or not

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?mlt=75806029

If not, go to http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx and search for the cure.  Choose editorial and scroll down to find pics from the festival.

Thanks as usual to Craig and COF

Sussex

Yeah its workin j... :smth023

What a cool hairstyle by Porl :smth056
"Thick As Shit"

kissingcrimson

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

japanesebaby

thanks for the link.
good pics, nice to see robert looks like he's in shape...

porl reminds me of a strange skinny black spider-ish thing, that's somehow cool in a weird kind of way. i really admire his bold style these days, he's an artist!
and whatever the setlist, can't wait to hear how he played... :smth023
(hehe looking at pics of porl and jarvis cocker side by side: just guess which one looks like i complete loser?)

(simon has that funny punky-ish hair again heh ;))
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

harrold

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 27, 2007, 20:26:41
Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 27, 2007, 20:15:36
I like the idea of One Hundread Years closing the set.  However, I don't see how it really fits when everything leading up to it is pop.  No new songs, nothing old that hasn't been played in a while.  What a waste of something that could've been quite special for a lot of Cure fans that hadn't seen the band in so many years. 

No shit...

If this setlist is true, and if it's indicitive of what we can expect in the future, maybe it's time to bite my teeth and search for a new band to occupy my time with. :oops:

Unfortunately I must say that You're exactly right, Caley... :oops:
"...the kiss is dry and it's not the same you... "

intothetrees

Quote from: nevyn on July 27, 2007, 21:03:37
Quote from: intothetrees on July 27, 2007, 20:59:15
This setlist have been made with the songs quoted in a review, that's why it's totally incomplete  ;)

so if you know THE COMPLETE setlist, please put it here...

Sorry, but I dont't know it  :oops:

temptation-cure

Quote from: kissingcrimson on July 27, 2007, 21:38:45
yes the new tattoos on his head!

what \da hell has porl a tatoo on his head  :lol: :lol:
is a sticker tatoo or painted with pencil??  :lol:
good,,, is it really a tatto (forever) ????

POOR porl and he used to had a long nice hair well 20 years ago hehe :lol:
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

devoblue

According to my mp3 player, that setlist is only 56 minutes long.  The report that posted it said they were on stage nearly 2 hours.  Conclusion, there are a lot more non-greatest hit songs that he didn't bother to mention.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 27, 2007, 20:26:41
No shit...

If this setlist is true, and if it's indicitive of what we can expect in the future, maybe it's time to bite my teeth and search for a new band to occupy my time with. :oops:

I think you guys should calm down a bit :)

Please notice two facts here

1) They didnt play in Japan since more than 20 years

2) They played in a festival, not in a Cure show alone. Commercial songs are expected. And let me tell you, for people who didnt see the band in such a long time, I am sure they are more than happy. Trust me, I would be the same happy if they played wathever they want in Peru cos we never saw them here :).

I guess for US and europeans fans, the feelings must be mixed -The Cure always play there-, and because of that, I am sure the setlist in such places might be different. Let's wait a bit. I hope we can get a bootleg of this soon ;)

Where is Druide?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

[labyrinth]

[labyrinth]

ohh come on....
still no news from Japan???????
quite...incredible!

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"