Cure party after the MSG show in NYC Fri. 6/20--VENUE CHANGE!

Started by LadyAngel, May 19, 2008, 00:55:58

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyAngel

MSG Afterparty @ Contempt! FRIDAY 20 June 2008 @ M1-5

******If you've seen this announcement before, please take note of the VENUE CHANGE*****
On Friday, June 20th, 2008

CONTEMPT! celebrates 30 years of...

THE CURE

...with an aftershow extravanganza that will make you SHIVER AND SHAKE!

Come out after their MADISON SQUARE GARDEN show and dance 'til the HOLY HOUR!!!

But...THAT'S NOT ALL!

We're also the official aftershow party for...

LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT's first NYC show in 10 years!
(see below for show information)

Where's all this taking place?

CONTEMPT!
Friday, June 20th
10:15 PM – 4 AM
@ M1-5
52 Walker Street (south of Canal, between Broadway & Church)

21+ to enter WITH ID

$3 with Cure or London After Midnight ticket stub
$5 with printed pass/flyer/announcement
$7 empty-handed

Cure singles, rarities, B-sides and live cuts will be highlighted amidst Contempt's signature kaleidoscope of industrial/ebm/goth/alternative/new wave tunes served up by resident DJ SUBVERT and special guest DJ JEFFO!

Visual delights: The HOT! HOT! HOT! Contempt GO GOs shake it on the box. MISS APPROPRIATE brings you a Cure video montage on the screens.

Giveaways GALORE courtesy of THE IDEAL COPY (www.idealcopy.com)

DRINK SPECIALS: $4 kamikaze shots 'til midnight and $6 vodka cocktails ALL NIGHT to keep you spinning on that dizzy edge...

Show information:
THE CURE with special guests 65daysofstatic
June 20th @ Madison Square Garden
Tickets available at http://www.ticketmaster.com

LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT with special guests Life Cried
June 20th @ Don Hill's
511 Greenwich St, NYC, NY 10013
Get your advance tickets here:
http://www.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=139984
more info and RSVP here:
http://events.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.detail&eventID=429329.58156

sullen

There's also a party at don hills with london after midnight performing, don't know who will be spinning though.

LadyAngel

Quote from: sullen on May 19, 2008, 02:13:37
There's also a party at don hills with london after midnight performing, don't know who will be spinning though.

I just looked that party up cuz I hadn't heard about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Looks like it's not an afterparty--doors are at 7, so London After Midnight will be playing at the same time the Cure is playing. That show will be over by 11, and then an unrelated indie dance party moves in.

That kinda sucks though cuz I've never seen LAM and would love to have gone to that.

sullen

Yeah you're right:
June 20 New York City at Don Hill's, 511 Greenwich St.
18 & up. Doors open at 7pm, LAM performs after The Cure concert is over. Club Phone: 212-219-2850. Discount advance tickets on sale now at www.tix.com

Well that sucks, was originally scheduled after the cure, i guess hipster **** parties take top priority in the ny these days  :(

LadyAngel

I checked with the promoter, who turned out to be a longtime friend of mine. LAM is going to be over before the Cure ends. We're now the official afterparty for the LAM show as well. The venue for my party has changed, though. See my corrective posts for more info.

thanks,
angel.