Who are you? Introduce yourself here!

Started by dsanchez, July 13, 2005, 22:37:25

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarswirl

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 23, 2008, 03:35:08
welcome stephanie! i would love to go back to texas, seeing the cure in houston would fulfill so much. unfortunetly i live a 3 days drive away from TX, and cant miss school either =/

ive seen you before! perhaps beachofstone? or CC?

I don't know if you would have seen me about... i'm more of a lurker usually...  8)

hharkey

hey there.. heather from slc. just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. went to the slc show on the 23rd.. loved it.

jbud1980

Hello, my name is Jasen, and I am 27 years old. The seductive feline in my photo is Siouxsie, which I adopted in Los Angeles on her 6th day; her 7th day would have meant euthanasia.  I recently graduated from a local university with my Master's and plan on pursuing a career in teaching or federal law enforcement. I have lived in Huntington Beach, California, since I was 19 and I am an avid surfer and soccer player.  I have seen The Cure a total of five times ( :smth023) and pride myself on being a huge concert person. Since the beginning of the year I have seen The Mars Volta, Siouxsie, Rasputina, Live, and The Cure. Stone Temple Pilots will be next month, and NIN later in the summer.  As well, I have an eclectic taste in tunes, and enjoy most types of music except country and rap (can't spell crap without rap!) I love talking music, drop me a line some time, I do not bite.  ;)

hibird420

:smth033

Hello everyone!!! My name is Duffy and I live in Dallas,TX.. Just saw the cure last Friday night!!! Freakin unbelievable... anyways, I'm 33 and have been a HUGE cure fan since 87' A friend let me borrow the KMX3 cassette in junior high and i was instantly hooked!!! I even got the "high" bird tattooed on my leg in the late 90's! I'm always looking for new cure friends and people to exchange boots with...
other types of music i like: dj shadow, smiths/morrissey(of course),Siouxie,the orb,portishead,dm,nin,etc...
drop me a line and let's be friends!!! :)

myspace.com/txcurefan
Lost forever in a happy crowd...

DJscribbles

hello birdy! duffy, what a cool name! i like the singer too =)
i used to live in houston, texas -id really love to go back, and i will. we like similiar music, but unfortunetly i havent been around as long so i dont have any rare boots - but check out dimeadozen and was it freeshows? (cant remember) if you havent already ;)
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

squirleegirl

Greetings!

Jennifer here...from Little Rock, Arkansas.  Like everyone else, I'm a huge Cure fan!

Just got back from Texas seeing the shows there (lucky me got to see all 3). 

boba3000

Hi,

my name is Norman.

I´m 36 years old, my home is in Germany near Wolfsburg.

So, i´m in THE CURE now for round about 20 years, seeing them live in Hamburg in 1996,2000,2002 and 2008. My first contact were in 1988  with taping a show on the radio. After listen to it several time, i´could get enough of the music and the different style. Until today the band is my all time favorite; the music has often helped to manage very difficult situation.

Hoping of another concert in 2009.

Greetings Boba3000
...SECRETS....

johnthediver

john the diver cure fan from CA.

Say this site from CoF.  Trying to figure out how to download the gorge show.  any help would be loved.

Krakr

Hey there,

my name is JP, I'm a french Cure fan for ...  ;)many years now, since basically Staring at the sea was out (I spent at the time what seemed a lot of money to get the CD).
I've been to 8 Cure concerts so far, the latest being Paris last March, with an amazing performance.

I'm also a member of CureConnection community, and I'm off course collecting boots for a long time (I used to have so many awful sounding tapes ...) and I hope to get here some nice shows from the Audio section and also being able to share some interesting things with you.

Cheers, :D

johnthediver

just a quick little p.s.

If anybody has a good recording of the 28 may 2008 San Jose show I would love a copy.  It was my son's (now 13) first concert.

Brought a bit of a tear to my eye to see him rocking out to songs I saw live when I saw them the first time in 87.

JTD

DJscribbles

hello and welcome to all of you! wow.. alot of people introducing on curefans lately 0_0

john - i know you from COF as well! your son and i are close in age, thats really cool that you took him! someone did tape SJ, ill go poke around

ghanisbuli

Oooh, vaccines sounds fun.  One of my friends is really interested in going into that.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

thecupcakegeisha

So, Hi there.  :-D

My name is Scarlett.  I am from Cottonwood California.
( http://www.cottonwoodcofc.org/index.html )  It is a town so full of Cowboys, and red-neckery that I stick out like a sore thumb.

I have always liked The Cure, and just never known it. I grew up on Country Music, and that stuff. I had ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS loved the song Friday I'm in Love. Whenever I heard it my heart just jumped. I just didn't know who did the song. A few years back I decided to download it.  Okay, the name of the group who does that song is "The Cure."  Okay.  I'll remember that.  Then I downloaded more stuffs.  HOLY CRAP!  I found so many songs that I had always liked, but I had never known the artist.  So it turns out I had always been into The Cure, but never consciously.  I am glad I'm awake now.

I have two dogs, sing opera, and am learning to play bass.

DJscribbles

hi scarlett! hi firstinspace!
scarlett - opera and bass? tres cool
firsitnspace - sounds like your shows were awesome, especially the new orleans one! the cure really have to go back to new orleans because theyve got such a good following there ;)

thecupcakegeisha

Quote from: DJscribbles on June 16, 2008, 19:19:41
hi scarlett! hi firstinspace!
scarlett - opera and bass? tres cool
Thanks.  Nice to meet ya.