Who are you? Introduce yourself here!

Started by dsanchez, July 13, 2005, 22:37:25

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarswirl

hi curefans!
hope to see you this summer
i have tix to chicago, houston, dallas, austin and duluth shows
i'd love to hear more about meet-ups in these cities
these will be my 24th-29th cure shows, my first show was 89 prayer tour in new orleans, my fave was the first sydney 2000... all have been wonderful, but i loved hearing dressing up in 98 in zeebrugge, and faith in miami in 92... so many perfect moments
i look forward to more this summer!
who's making several dates this tour?

Gothiczartan

Quote from: sugarswirl on May 12, 2008, 06:59:09
hi curefans!
these will be my 24th-29th cure shows, my first show was 89 prayer tour in new orleans, my fave was the first sydney 2000... all have been wonderful, but i loved hearing dressing up in 98 in zeebrugge, and faith in miami in 92... so many perfect moments

I read the tour dates that they will be playing in san diego ca where my mom lives, I wanted to see the cure in san diego ca but I have my vacation already planed in july and that means I could not make it to the cure show. one show of the cure is enough for me and rest of you fans, I hope you have fun going to the cure concert. besides I'm planning to go to a comic con in san diego ca. I could mention about a robert smith action figure to be made.
Robert Smith is our hero!

j

Quote from: sugarswirl on May 12, 2008, 06:59:09
hi curefans!

[/color]

For a list of members going to the shows, see here:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4274.0.html

this is not all inclusive since some members like to keep their whereabouts anonymous  :smth027

xzombiexmoosex

Hey everyone! My name is Jasmine and I'm new here. I'm going to the June 1st show at the Shrine. :-D Nice to meet everyone!

Poe

Quote from: xzombiexmoosex on May 15, 2008, 19:25:52I'm going to the June 1st show at the Shrine.

You should get on this list then!

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4274.0.html

Pleasure to meet you too, glad you've found us.  :smth023 Take care!
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

DJscribbles

hello to eve and jasmine! Azerbaijan - wow! i like your icon eve, whats the show/series/movie called?

jasmine - do you live in the los angeles area then?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

xzombiexmoosex

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 15, 2008, 21:41:15jasmine - do you live in the los angeles area then?

Yep! San Fernando Valley, if you're familiar with the area. :)

Samba

Hey, guys!  The name's Samantha, I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio, and I'm completely infatuated with The Cure (My mother was cool enough to introduce them to me at a very young age, so I've been successfully conditioned  :smth023).

Well... I hope to chat with you all later!

DJscribbles

Quote from: Samba on May 16, 2008, 18:53:10
Hey, guys!  The name's Samantha, I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio, and I'm completely infatuated with The Cure (My mother was cool enough to introduce them to me at a very young age, so I've been successfully conditioned  :smth023).
heys and welcome samantha! your mom was a cure fan? way cool. ^^

robiola

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 16, 2008, 23:10:06
Quote from: Samba on May 16, 2008, 18:53:10
heys and welcome samantha! your mom was a cure fan? way cool. ^^
@DJscribbles -- speaking as a member of the "Curefan mothers who have introduced their children to The Cure" category, I would like to respectfully ask of you that you not speak of us in the past tense!  :shock: We're still alive and kicking and going to Cure concerts!   :-D :smth020
And welcome Samantha :D

Samba

Hahaha.  Yeah, my mom is definitely a solid fan... That's the one thing she and I still have in common!  She actually went to Curiosa a few years back with my aunt who is close in age so... yes, they are "alive and kicking".

Anywho, thanks for the greetings, DJscribbles and robiola.

DJscribbles

Quote from: robiola on May 17, 2008, 09:50:05
@DJscribbles -- speaking as a member of the "Curefan mothers who have introduced their children to The Cure" category, I would like to respectfully ask of you that you not speak of us in the past tense!  :shock: We're still alive and kicking and going to Cure concerts!   :-D :smth020
my apologies, i don't why i used the past tense verb,it makes it seem like there are no more cure mothers or something!my own mom listned to the cure in college, but i can't say she's a fan, and i've seen more people around that age than teens at the shows, and yet i used was.  i just realized how slow i was yesterday. -_- no worries, im better at distinguishing my past and present verbs now =D

robiola

sugarswirl

Hi Everyone!
I'm Stephanie from Mississippi.  I was lucky enough to see The Cure play on Saturday in Rosemont for the 24th time. I've been a fan since 1987, and saw the band live for the first time in 1989.  I met Robert Smith in 1996 in Mobile, Alabama and again in 2000 in Sydney, Australia. 

Currently I have tickets for the 3 upcoming Texas shows, and now my friend who was going with me cannot miss class, so I am seeking out a possible roadtrip buddy for these 3 shows.  I will be posting another thread about this, but if you are interested in this roadtrip and live in mississippi, louisiana, texas or somewhere in that vicinity, feel free to send me a message and i'll give details.

DJscribbles

welcome stephanie! i would love to go back to texas, seeing the cure in houston would fulfill so much. unfortunetly i live a 3 days drive away from TX, and cant miss school either =/

ive seen you before! perhaps beachofstone? or CC?