The Cure -Freakshow single review

Started by billbones80, July 01, 2008, 19:19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

On the European shows, I hated this song with a passion.
Then when they started playing it in the US, it was somehow more rocky than poppy & actually started to sound really good.
The single really reminds me of I Dig You crossed with Wrong Number.

I really appreciate it now.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

ivan

I like this single but i prefer all kinfs of stuff

firecrasher

[i]so this is permanence... love's shattered pride...[/i]

melly

personally, I love it..after reading what some were saying about "Freakshow" at the concerts, I thought it must be dreadful. Heard and saw the studio version and I'm hooked, well and truly. I guess it all boils down to personal likes and dislikes.
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

Quote from: melly on July 12, 2008, 11:20:50
personally, I love it..after reading what some were saying about "Freakshow" at the concerts, I thought it must be dreadful. Heard and saw the studio version and I'm hooked, well and truly. I guess it all boils down to personal likes and dislikes.

hey there melly !   :smth023

I totally agree with you on the recorded version of Freakshow.. i have never got a really 'clean' sound coming out from the taped versions, ( limited as i have heard).. so, my initial reaction to the released version was quite positive. I am sure that it will continue to grow, as I know Robert has such a fond for this song.. and I want to experience it too!!   :P
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life