Beachy Head

Started by strange_as_angels, August 22, 2005, 23:54:42

Previous topic - Next topic

strange_as_angels

has anyone ever visited beachy head where the cure filmed part of the close to me video...it looks like a beautiful place!
"and you finally found all your courage to
let it all go"

Tristan Berlin

Me not.  :(  Where is it?

arielcc

i've read it used to be a good place to comite suicide!!...

strange_as_angels

I think its near Eastbourne, on the south coast of england
and yeah, it is an infamous suicide spot!
let it all go"

Andy

I live in Eastbourne, where Beachy Head is. It is a great place, but yes unfortunately it is a favourite for suicides, with people quite bizarrely travelling large distances to kill themselves there. There is a phone box and Samaritans sign there too, so you can't avoid the reminders of mortality in this beautiful place.

Cheers
Andy

strange_as_angels

oh cool! your lucky to live by the coast, i live in the midlands and it's very boring!
one day i think i'll visit beachy head (NOT to kill myself!!!) cause it does look like a beautiful place! i saw a few images of it on this 'coast' programme and it does look like a very striking landscape
it's a shame that there's an atmosphere of mortality there though
let it all go"

dsanchez

We just added Beachy Head to The Cure's Pilgrim Route http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=8828 ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: strange_as_angels on September 04, 2005, 22:06:32oh cool! your lucky to live by the coast, i live in the midlands and it's very boring!
one day i think i'll visit beachy head (NOT to kill myself!!!) cause it does look like a beautiful place! i saw a few images of it on this 'coast' programme and it does look like a very striking landscape
it's a shame that there's an atmosphere of mortality there though

We love the "Coast" programme too, and live on Australia's South Coast.  It's pretty spectacular here too if you like wonderful coastal scenery:

So if you're ever in the vicinity, say hi and have a cuppa with us!  (Cure fans always welcome.)  Though of course we're much further from you than your own coast...

It's a sad thing about coastal suicide spots.  One of our favourite places around here, The Gap, is so super-spectacular with its vertiginous granite cliffs and the King waves crashing in, and just the noise of the ocean in that place.  Yet unfortunately, it too is a suicide spot, and one of my own friends jumped to her death there 15 years ago - and her beach memorial service was overflowing with people who, like me, had been completely clueless what was going on for her. I think I look differently now... sometimes, people don't let you see their darkness, and you have to read between the lines...

Sorry for prattling on, but I come from a really social forum where many of us go on like this.  Just WYSIWYG as if you were across a table...

We thought the "Broadchurch" scenery was amazing... seems like you have an amazing coast in the UK too, from that and "Coast"...
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Nice photos, thanks!  :smth023

The person you quoted hasn't been online since 2007, so don't expect a reply.  ;)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

OMG!  I really ought to check *all* the dates more closely...  :rofl

Hopefully someone else will get something out of it - since there are other people still conversing on this thread more recently than the Carboniferous period.  So, yeah, that "Cure Fans Welcome for Cuppa" should they ever get near our place is definitely valid. Of course, this would be far more likely if we all had a TARDIS.  ;)
SueC is time travelling