The Cure Fans over 30

Started by anja, May 17, 2008, 10:31:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: isbel on August 13, 2013, 15:28:07
Et je lance un appel aux fans de mon coin, la Seine et Marne, pour échanger des avis sur le groupe, partager des commentaires etc...
Bonjour Isbel et bienvenue sur curefans.com!

Il y a des francais sur le forum, tu peux voir ici: http://curefans.com/en-francais/. Tu les as vu a Paris en 2008? on etait nombreaux dans cette concert!

Maintenant, beaucoup des personnes preferent discuter sur les reseaux sociaux (notament Facebook) donc pas trop d'activite sur le forum comme avant, mais on est toujours la :)

A bientot et take cure!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tercat

*Raises hand.*  Fan since 1987.  Anybody remember the Other Voices fan club?  I was a member.  Still have my tie-dye Other Voices (we used to call it OV for shorthand--just remembered!) t-shirt.  I slept in it last night!

dsanchez

Quote from: tercat on August 24, 2013, 21:05:57
*Raises hand.*  Fan since 1987.  Anybody remember the Other Voices fan club?  I was a member.  Still have my tie-dye Other Voices (we used to call it OV for shorthand--just remembered!) t-shirt.  I slept in it last night!
welcome to curefans.com! :)

I don't remember Other Voices, but I do remember "Babble", it was a mainling list about The Cure:

http://www.musicfanclubs.org/cure/misc/list.html

As many other mailing lists, this one is gone.

Nowdays social networks are "killing" groups and forums I would say. There were dozens of comments and discussions in this forum about 4 or 5 years ago. But with Facebook, Twitter, etc. it seems like people is satisfied with clicking a "like" button. It's difficult to find the old long discussions from the old days. Oh well...  :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tercat

Other Voices was a small and unofficial but very active and fervent fan club from the late 80s to the early 90s.  It was run by two women in Norman, Oklahoma--Ruth Fillmore and Imogen (I forget her last name).  Ruth had a website called Shadowplay at one point, but it's no longer active.  Other Voices was largely a snail mail thing--there were monthly newsletters (which drew heavily from Curenews and fan submissions, and included a lot of tour stories), contests, and other correspondence, and a lot of members became pen friends and some met up.   I often wonder what became of many of the members.  I know Autumn now does the Pictures of You website at www.picturesofyou.us.  I've come across Mindy, who was an active member, in a lot of other places.

I remember Babble, too.  I like having separate forums for bands I like (that is, separate from Twitter, Facebook, etc.), but as you say, they're a dying breed.

Krissymad

I'll be 42 this year and have LOVED The Cure since I was 13!!!
Their music has  been a big part of my life and I can honestly say that they are my favourite band of all-time!!  I like a lot of different kinds of music but no other music has affected me like the music of The Cure. 

teri

:)   I'm 40 something & became a Cure fan when Disintegration came out -- then I collected their earlier music -- fell in love with The Cure! 

sammyh000

Quote from: anja on May 17, 2008, 10:31:05

Hello outthere
I am a "The Cure" Fan since 1986.Now I'm 40 and the Cure is one of the most importend thing in my live.Are there anybody else than me who is older and will be a Cure Fan forever?

sammyh000

hi ive been a cure fan since 1984 when I heard standing on a beach.. I was 24 at the time now turning 55 and listen to the cure just about every day ..will take this awesome music to my grave..ps hopefully not for a while yet.

Ulrich

Quote from: sammyh000 on February 24, 2015, 20:03:18
hi ive been a cure fan since 1984 when I heard standing on a beach..

Thanks for your reply, but I guess this was 1986 (when "Standing on a beach" was released).  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Fantac on May 20, 2008, 21:59:57I honestly think the core of their fans is made of people in their 30's and 40's.
I just stumbled upon the thread.The topic reminds me of the so-called "Over Thirty Parties"
in our region.Some special contemporaries call them "f*** the rest" parties.Not so with The Cure!
In fact you're right.Quite a few people are meanwhile in their fifth life decade-incuding me-and
that's remarkable too. :smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

teri

:)The Cure is one of my all time favorite bands!  Yes...I am over 30    Loved The Cure since the 80's

plainsong16

Hi !! i'm Carlo i am 45 years old. since 1982 !!! Cheers !!

Lola Sunset

hi! i'm 32 and i've been a fan since the 90's my first The Cure song i heard was "10:15 saturday night"  :smth020(my brother had the album "three imaginary boys")
2016.10.12 Gothenburg

Felizcelestial

40 years old in 2 weeks and I've loved this band since middle school. All this time, and never heard anything else like it!