How To Destroy Angels

Started by crowbi_wan, July 03, 2010, 04:13:59

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Trent Reznor's new project, How To Destroy Angels. 

How To Destroy Angels: The Space in Between [1080p] - EP OUT NOW

How To Destroy Angels - A Drowning

You can download the lossy 6-song EP (320 kbps) for free or fork over a measly $2 for various lossless formats from the band's site > http://www.howtodestroyangels.com/store/

Physical CD in stores July 6.  :smth023

japanesebaby

great to see trent back  :smth023

i haven't listened to all of the songs yet, but so far i have to say i do miss his vocals a lot. i can't help getting a weird feeling here as if i was listening to a cover band or something.
really like the video though.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 03, 2010, 09:07:48

so far i have to say i do miss his vocals a lot. i can't help getting a weird feeling here as if i was listening to a cover band or something

I was thinking the same thing.  However, the music is great.  Some familiar sounds and patterns.  Maybe a little too familiar.  But I do like it quite a bit.  After a few more listens the vocals began to grow on me.

Not sure if it was that particular link for The Space In Between or another one, but a few comments made me laugh.  One, "Trent got Yoko'd" :lol:   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 03, 2010, 17:04:00
One, "Trent got Yoko'd" :lol:   

that's great :lol:

with time, perhaps it'll grow on me too a bit more.
and familiar sounds, yes. it would be pretty hard for me to imagine trent suddenly doing something completely different, he's always got such a strong style of his own.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cinamon

agreed, very distinctive style and approach.