Add Simon Gallup's son Eden's band!

Started by CureWhispers, November 21, 2007, 16:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: Carnage Visor on December 02, 2007, 03:58:26
Look at that guy on the right with the cig (?), he looks like a Cure member... :D

I'm pretty certian that's Tommy.  He's the drummer for VV.:)

I really should ask Eden for a who's who in that pic.  Don't wanna call someone by the wrong name!

iwannashagsimon

Hey!  The kid came through. :smth023

The picture of VV posted above who's who from left to right:

Kink (friend of the band)
Eden (in the band)
Kitty Kat (old school friend)
Metal Willy (in the band)
Red the V (in he band)
Tommy V (in the band)

CureWhispers

I am now the official promo model for Violet Vendetta!! Please leave the boys some feedback about the new default pic I did a couple weeks ago for them!!! It would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!! xoxo :) www.myspace.com/violetvendettaband

iwannashagsimon

Violet Vendetta's new single "This Ends Tonight" is due out January 1.  Eden told me if enough people like it, it will get a proper release!(yay!) 

iwannashagsimon

The song is now on the band's myspace page.  Go have a listen! :-D

MintQR

:) is there any voting poll included or sth? I mean how can we help :)?

BTW I just love your animated sinature. wicked! ;)

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: MintQR on January 02, 2008, 01:44:14
:) is there any voting poll included or sth? I mean how can we help :)?

Just contact the band and let them know you like it. I think the plan is for them to find out just how many folks are interested then work from there deciding about a release.

Quote from: MintQR on January 02, 2008, 01:44:14
BTW I just love your animated sinature. wicked! ;)

Thank you!  It's a very special part of the Trilogy interviews for me that someone at another Cure forum made me. :-D

iwannashagsimon

Just thought of something!

Is there anyone here who likes VV but does not have a Myspace account? Cos if there is, then I could ask them if there is another way to contact them.

MintQR

Hey,

I have exactly such problem. No myspace account, but still love their song :) and I'd love to support them!

ps Sure I know this is the Trilogy interview ;) otherwise Simon does not really give interviews, does he .. :)

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: MintQR on January 02, 2008, 19:48:20
Hey,

I have exactly such problem. No myspace account, but still love their song :) and I'd love to support them!

The plans are to someday (hopefully soon) put the songs on iTunes.  In the meantime you can send an email for the band via me and I will forward it to them.

iwannashagsimon@hotmail.com

Just make sure you put Violet Vendetta in the subject so I know who it's for!

Quote from: MintQR on January 02, 2008, 19:48:20

ps Sure I know this is the Trilogy interview ;) otherwise Simon does not really give interviews, does he .. :)

He does give interviews...just very very rarely.  He did give solo interviews to Bass Player magazine: http://www.picturesofyou.us/04/04-10-bassplayer-simon-interview.htm

And The Dallas Music guide: http://www.picturesofyou.us/04/04-8-DallasMusicGuide-Simon.htm

Think both were done back in 2004.

sues777

Hey iwannashagsimon - thanks very much for posting the links to the interviews.
I don't think I've ever come across a solo interview with Simon before - great reading!
Thanks again.
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

iwannashagsimon

Side note to the Dallas Music Guide interview...

They actually asked fans to send in questions.  But when the interview was published no one who sent in a question could say their question was used!  I guess in the end the reporter chose to use his own questions and ignore the fan ones. :smth011

Cos I know I send in a question but I can't remember what I asked!  Grrr.

iwannashagsimon

For those of you interested in Violet Vendetta...

The new album is going to be called: "ENTER GEISHA".   The other album "The Possiblity of the Impossible" is still being worked on. I guess the theme of the songs don't fit the theme of the album.  Or something like that. So in the meantime they are gonna release "Enter Geisha".

Anyway...from what I understand, the "Enter Geisha" album is almost done.  Just some basic remixing has to be done. :)

Track listing:

1.Enter your Domain
2.Who's Next?
3.Alignment
4.This Ends Tonight
5.Opium
6.Renegade
7.Kimono
8.Zero hour
9.Omaha Beach
10.Insomniac
11.Rest in pieces
12.Fairytale blue's

Album cover:

Carnage Visor

Wow...Very fancy! Nice job, Eden!

I'd like to hear that when it comes out...could you perhaps hook us up with some demos when it does? Or is that copyright infringement? I don't know anymore, to tell you the truth...

iwannashagsimon

The cover was designed by Sharn Leachman and they have "Kimono" up at their Myspace site. :-D