your non-favorites ("respectable" artists only!)

Started by japanesebaby, January 12, 2007, 00:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Bands/artists I hate include the following:

Nickleback, Jet, Blue October, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Modest Mouse, The Bravery, Siousxie and the Banshees, Ween, 311, 3 Doors Down, Hoobastank, Rancid, Scissor Sisters, Hawthorne Heights, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Shinny Toy Guns, Regina Spektor, Hole, Belle and Sebastian, Guided by Voices, and too many others to continue.

bluewater

REM,
U2,

- the singers have this "i want to save the world" attitude written in
their songs and performance and i think the right attitude would be
"i want to destroy the world". Taking the privilege of destroying the world would
make the people who really destroy it angry and saving the world- attitude really
isn´t anything else than politics and i personally hate music that wants to save the world.
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

splitmilk34

I'm with Crobi-Wan ... also, I detest all "radio" pop music (Britney Spears, Justin Timerlake, etc) and 99% of rap/hip-hop.  Way too many bands to list all of my least favorites but here's my top 5 most hated bands:

1) Beach Boys
2) Nickelback
3) Hawthorne Heights
4) 'Lil John
5) Madonna
"... sleeping less every night"

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 14, 2007, 02:40:10Kind of funny, I typed in Muse on Rhapsody and the results I received for bands a Muse fan might like were Coldplay, U2, Keane, Snow Patrol, Johnny Cash, Placebo, Queensryche, Radiohead, Oasis, and a few others.  They got you pegged  :P 
sorry i'm too lazy to bother signing up for it but let me guess what might come up if you'd type 'the cure' in there:
siouxsie & the banshess, sister of mercy, bauhaus etc....?  :smth011
(the endless reliability of these search engines' "recommendations"...?)

Quote from: bluewater on January 14, 2007, 13:56:05
Taking the privilege of destroying the world would make the people who really destroy it angry and saving the world- attitude really isn´t anything else than politics and i personally hate music that wants to save the world.
[/quote]
= 100% agreed. 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Descent

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 14, 2007, 18:34:43
sorry i'm too lazy to bother signing up for it but let me guess what might come up if you'd type 'the cure' in there:

Usually, the most "similar" band to the Cure you get is The Smiths/Morrissey...  :lol: :?
I really don't see the connection here. Then Radiohead, The Clash (uh ???), Smashing Pumpkins... SOM/Bauhaus and other post punks/goth bands come long after these.  :-D

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 14, 2007, 18:34:43
Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 14, 2007, 02:40:10Kind of funny, I typed in Muse on Rhapsody and the results I received for bands a Muse fan might like were Coldplay, U2, Keane, Snow Patrol, Johnny Cash, Placebo, Queensryche, Radiohead, Oasis, and a few others.  They got you pegged  :P 

Well, it differs per each of The Cure's albums, but H.I.M., Depeche Mode, The Creatures, The Cranes, I Am a Ghost, David Bowie, Siouxsie, New Order,This Mortal Coil, The Damned, and VHS or Beta come up quite a bit.  Franz Ferdinand, The Smiths, The Rapture, and Def Leppard were all recommended when I selected 'Faith'.  :?   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 15, 2007, 03:13:23
H.I.M.,
:smth078

Quote from: crowbi_wan on January 14, 2007, 02:40:10Franz Ferdinand, The Smiths, The Rapture, and Def Leppard were all recommended when I selected 'Faith'.  :?   

def leppard.... hmm, let's see:

...Women to the left, women to the right
There to entertain and take you thru the night
So grab a little heat and come along with me
'Cos your mama don't mind what your mama don't see
Anything goes!
(That's right)
(Come on)
Anything goes!
Ooh oh
I say Rock! Rock! till you drop
Rock! Rock! never stop
Rock! Rock! till you drop
I say Rock! Rock! to the top
Ridin' into danger, laughin' all the way
Fast, free and easy, livin' for today
Gotta lip service, get it while you can
Hot, sweat'n'nervous love on demand
Anything goes!
(Oh)
Anything goes!
(All night long)
I say Rock! Rock! till you drop
Come on Rock! Rock! never stop
You gotta Rock! Rock! till you drop
(Oh)
Rock! Rock! to the top
Oh yeah!
Let's shout!

and:

catch me if i fall....

oh yeah, it's already obvious - definitely very much alike!  8)

erpomata

ciao

i hate/don't like:
beatles - the most overvalued group in history...only because they were the first they must be the best?
U2 - they finished with unforgettable fire, after this bono thinks to be god  :(
all the goth metal bands, like evanescence, or dream theater or lacuna coil...even if italian  :-D good for teenagers with black candles in their rooms!
i don't consider the mtv music, of course.
and i really hate from the bottom of my heart eros ramazzotti and antonello venditti  :rocker

but as someone said once: everybody in the world writes two good songs in his life.
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

sonic

I really don't like Bob Dylan! He can't sing, is f***ing ugly and bores me to death.
He has written some good songs, but they only sound good, when someone covers them.
----------My Cure Shows-------------
-Hamburg 87-Hamburg 89-Konstanz 89--
-Leipzig 90-Hamburg 92-Werchter 95--
Hamburg 96-Hildesheim 98-Hamburg 00-
--Berlin 00-Hamburg 00-Roskilde 01--
-Hamburg 02-Berlin 02-Scheessel 04--
-Berlin 05-Hamburg 08-Oberhausen 08-

Sussex

These are several band/artist that i hate the most:

Hip-Hop Artist (they're sucks)
Linkin f*ck
Lost prophets
My Chemical What so ever

:evil: :evil: :evil:

"Thick As Shit"

smitha

Sorry guys, but Bauhaus isn't just some guy singing in a low voice.
I had to say something about this, they´re my favourite band after The Cure.  8)

dsanchez

I have to support Smitha, Bauhaus are Bauhaus  :smth023

but I guess not everyone has the same taste  :roll:

David.

Quote from: smitha on March 07, 2007, 20:59:00
Sorry guys, but Bauhaus isn't just some guy singing in a low voice.
I had to say something about this, they´re my favourite band after The Cure.  8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on March 07, 2007, 21:00:56
but I guess not everyone has the same taste  :roll:
that's why i started this thread i suppose. because we all like the cure but then the rest of it...
it can be so different and i think it's kind of interesting, the likes we share and the dislikes we disagree about.
:smth001

lostflower4

One artist I cannot stand... John Mayer!

Seems every time I turn on the TV he's there, acting like a fool, shaking his leg with some crazy look on his face, singing some lame ass song â€" followed by more acting like a fool. Ahhh!!! :smth096

:lol:

Filipe

Quote from: sonic on January 16, 2007, 17:22:55
I really don't like Bob Dylan! He can't sing, is f***ing ugly and bores me to death.

ahahah, his was the laugh of the day, of the all week... :-D, sonic, don't know how you get it but you made me really laugh (... is f***ing ulgy... ahahahahah )

About the topic (an interesting one, with no doubts) I must say something also:
Respectable artists that I just can't stand I'd choose The Doors, Queen and Pearl Jam as the main ones. And that actual band, the saviours of the world...Hmm how they name themselves?... Usomething... well I don't remember their name but if you pick their last 3 records you'll see that they are playing the same song, after and after... too lazy, enormous and egocentric for my taste.

And yes, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, The Smiths and The banshees are part of my history and from the music industry history, actually. Too good for me to be left over.