Ladytron/The Faint

Started by jbud1980, April 24, 2009, 02:29:32

Previous topic - Next topic

jbud1980

Hi there, I was wondering if any of you will be attending or have attended the current Ladytron/The Faint shows.

going to the one on 04/25 in anaheim.

not too keen on the faint, but i fell for Ladytron when i saw then open for NIN a couple years back.

crowbi_wan

I've had my eye on this one (the Seattle date) as I missed Ladytron last year.  They were sandwiched right in between travel dates for my Cure trip. Now, for this time around, there are so many other shows coming up.  We shall see as the date draws closer.   

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 24, 2009, 02:47:21
I've had my eye on this one (the Seattle date) as I missed Ladytron last year.  They were sandwiched right in between travel dates for my Cure trip. Now, for this time around, there are so many other shows coming up.  We shall see as the date draws closer.   

u should definitely go! one of those rare instances where u can see a good band for a very reasonable price. tickets were only $25  :smth023

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on April 24, 2009, 02:29:32
i fell for Ladytron when i saw then open for NIN a couple years back.

i saw ladytron for the first time a few years ago when they opened for NIN. i wasn't impressed, basically just couldn't wait for their set to be finished... maybe not their fault: i was too keen on seeing NIn and i think the venue (old ice hall) simply wasn't very ideal for them either.
i saw them again late last year on a club gig and that was much better. i was going to write a review on my blog but didn't have much time around that time. well maybe later.
they are still not my favorite kind of music (personally i find their vocal style a bit repetitive/boring over a long period of time) but worth checking out.
i'd recommend them to anyone who hasn't seen them.

they are going to play on one of the biggest summer festival here this summer but i don't think i'll go. there isn't that much anything else to see there. and to me ladytron are something that one needs to see in a club, not on a big festival stage in full daylight.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

jbud1980

here are a few cell phone pics of the ladytron/faint concert at the grove in anaheim.