Sinner's Day New Wave Festival

Started by Trust..., October 14, 2009, 10:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to Sinner's day @ Hasselt ?

Yes, for sure !
4 (80%)
No , I can't be there :(
1 (20%)
Maybe, still don't know it ...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 30, 2010, 21:13:36

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on November 15, 2010, 21:53:00
Looks nice  :?  but I understand only a few words ... so you didn't like Arbeit adelt  :lol:

yeahhh! your Spanish is good! :) For Belgian bands I liked more "The Kids" :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on November 15, 2010, 22:01:24
Quote from: Trust... on November 15, 2010, 21:53:00
Looks nice  :?  but I understand only a few words ... so you didn't like Arbeit adelt  :lol:

yeahhh! your Spanish is good! :) For Belgian bands I liked more "The Kids" :smth023

No it's not  :roll:  Yeah we didn't had the chance to see them " The Kids" , the club was totally full, ...
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Trust...

First names for Sinner's Day 2011 :rocker

Sinner's Day Newsletter 2 'Edition 2011' New Names
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Today, the organization reveals new and great names:
DIAMANDA GALAS, THE MISSION, VISAGE,
KARL BARTOS (Ex Kraftwerk) AND KMFDM
+
PATTI SMITH and BAND

WILL PERFORM AT THE 3rd EDITION OF SINNER'S DAY
On Sunday October 30, 2011, in the Ethias Arena in Hasselt.
1 Venue - 2 Stages - 14 Artists

DOORS 12h - START 13h - END 01h 
+AFTER PARTY

Tickets and information about Sinner's Day can be found at http://www.sinnersday.com.
Soon the organization will reveal extra names.

DIAMANDA GALAS (USA)

THE GREEK-AMERICAN DIAMANDA GALAS CAN SING UP TO 3,5 OCTAVES. THE BLACK DIVA CAN SING HARROWING SONGS AND ALSO MOVE HER AUDIENCE. FROM VOCAL TERROR TO TOUCHING BLUES. A PHENOMENA.

Diamanda Galásis sometimes called a modern witch. Always dressed in black, raven-haired, dark make-up. And then that phenomenal voice which can make someone's flesh creep. Her voice has a range of 3,5 octaves and that is pretty rare.

The singer's music has never been punk or new wave. But her look and thoughts are. The biggest part of her work was released by Mute records (Depeche Mode, Fad Gadget, Goldfrapp) and she has worked with Erasure and Recoil.

www.diamandagalas.com

THE MISSION (U.K)

THE BAND THAT GAVE GOTHIC A FACE. THE MISSION TURNS 25 AND CELEBRATES THIS WITH AN EXTENDED TOUR IN THE ORIGINAL LINE-UP. EXCLUSIVELY IN BELGIUM AT SINNER'S DAY.

The Mission is 'wave deluxe'. The band was formed in 1986 with solid parts of big names. The frame is one half of The Sisters Of Mercy. Guitar player Wayne Hussey and bass player Craig Adams leave the band and choose to sail their own boat.

In 2008 Hussey tells the world that he's had enough. After 10 albums he chooses to go solo. The goodbye is short lived though. The '5th period' starts with a tour in the original line-up for the occasion of the 25th birthday of The Mission. Sinner's Day is the only stop in our country.

www.themissionuk.com

VISAGE (GB)

VISAGE is the brainchild of the remarkable Steve Strange. He is in all the right places when punk takes over London. His biggest realization is nightclub Blitz that becomes the epicentre of the New Romantics (Culture Club, Spandau Ballet, Ultravox). Strange becomes the face of the movement. He can be seen in David Bowie's video 'Ashes to Ashes' and scores a major hit with 'Fade To Grey'.

KARL BARTOS (GER)
The name of KARL BARTOS is undeniably linked with Kraftwerk. He is part of the classic line-up of the electro pioneers. Together with Wolfgang Flür, Ralf Hutter and Florian Schneider he evolves from experimental avant-garde to electronic pop. After his departure in 1991, Bartos makes albums both in his own name and as Elektric Music. He works together with Electronic, the band of Bernard Sumner (New Order) and Johnny Marr (ex The Smiths).

KMFDM (GER)
Also KMFDM is from Germany. In full the band is called Kein Mehrheid Für Die Mitleid, which literally means 'no majority for sympathy'. Founder Sascha Konietzko prefers it the other way around: 'no sympathy for the majority'. KMFDM creates ultra-heavy beats and made it in the United States together with Front 242 and Ministry. During the nineties they sold about 2 million copies there.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © *|2011|* Sinner's Day, All rights reserved.
Sinner's Day - Rapertingenstraat 132 - 3500 Hasselt
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

dsanchez

Not sure I will go there this time, I think I might go to Lisbon to see The Mission. Do you join us, Trust? :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on July 30, 2011, 23:49:15
Do you join us, Trust? :)
Us? You and Druide? No no time to travel around that time off the year, sorry.

Trust...

More Names :rocker

The Cult - The Exploited - The Pshychedelic Furs

http://www.sinnersday.com/

Trust...

Next sunday 3th Sinner's Day for me, looking forward to it :rocker

Trust...

Trust...