New album in 2016/2017/2018/2019... (?)

Started by Ulrich, October 17, 2015, 13:38:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on January 06, 2018, 05:14:29
No idea what happens next. 

To be honest, I can't see them releasing a new album (with all the plans for the "anniversary") in the near future.  :(

Then again, Reeves posted a pic late last year which made me think "the Cure might record in such a place"... You never know, let's hope they surprise us.

Quote from: cheyler on January 06, 2018, 05:14:29plus I want to take a side trip to Colchester to see Martin Newell.

Good idea, when you travel to the UK anyway, why not take some side trips?  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

cheyler

Tim Pope has said that he'd be working on the Cure Documentary with Robert in 2018, and there's just the one gig scheduled so no new album in 2018 I guess.  Not even sure if they have a record label at this point, with all the trouble they had with '4:13 Dream'.  'Total Bastard Music', a subsidiary of Universal.

As far as the Hyde Park show in July, not going to be able to make it.  I wasn't going to buy a ticket until I at least had the basics in place, travel and accommodations and the like.  Only one area has any tickets left and that is the VIP/prime view/free alcohol section for about $400.00.  I don't drink and I don't have $400.00.  It's a moot point now since there are no tickets left in the affordable range.  Ideas like that usually disappear when confronted by reality.

Ulrich

For anyone still looking for tickets: try watching out on Ebay or small ads or fan websites.

Quote from: cheyler on January 07, 2018, 23:55:41
I don't drink and I don't have $400.00. 

Well if that was the case I'd start drinking now, it's cheaper than you think!  :-D

cheyler

I tried years ago but never got the hang of it (drinking).  The feeling good part doesn't last very long, and there are other things that do a better job.

Ulrich

I added 2019 to the title. Robert said he booked studio time for the band, so maybe we'll hear something next year.  :cool

cheyler

Thanks for staying on top of it, one of these days the year will be correct!  Wish Deluxe will make the wait go very quickly.

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Ulrich

Well, 2019 seems to be the one... can anybody guess which month the release will be? My eyes are on April/May, so it might be out in time when Robert celebrates his 60th... and I might be wrong!

word_on_a_wing

Lovely news indeed! 😃 
I wonder what the creative process has involved? Has RS been working on some demos and then in 6 weeks they all get together to work on them from there?
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

No, probably not. In his interviews for "Meltdown" in spring he already said that he'd booked studio time for the band (not sure when exactly this happened, possibly April-May). So I would guess this was when they'd laid the "groundwork" for the new album, which they will "finish off" soon.

Ulrich

sandgrounder

Maybe its time to add 2020/2021 to the title thread?

Ulrich

Quote from: sandgrounder on April 17, 2020, 22:37:19Maybe its time to add 2020/2021 to the title thread?

Not really, as there has been "official" news topics since then, like this:
http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=9302.0