New album in 2016/2017/2018/2019... (?)

Started by Ulrich, October 17, 2015, 13:38:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: Hillbilley on October 19, 2016, 10:55:57
2016 is soon over and The Cure are still on tour. They have played two new songs on this tour, but will they be recorded?
What happened to the "other half" of 4:13 Dream, by the way?

For replies, you can simply just view this post here:
http://curefans.com/unconfirmed-news-and-rumours/album-2016/msg763745/#msg763745

But I will give you a personal reply too:
It seems like Robert & the band are not willing to do any interviews this year (so far).
Thus no-one has been able to ask them about any future plans (or maybe someone has, but we just don't know what they replied).
So WE JUST DON'T KNOW what happened to the 2nd part of "4:13 Dream" or when/if the new songs will be recorded/released.  :(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

I guess we can change the title to "new album in 2017?" now...  :roll:

-:- Elle Lie -:-

Maybe even 2018. The time to compose and record, it can last several months ...

Ulrich

Quote from: -:- Elle Lie -:- on December 12, 2016, 21:53:55
Maybe even 2018. The time to compose and record, it can last several months ...

Or maybe 2019, to coincide with Robert's 60th birthday...
I would've thought he might've written lots of songs since the last album (2008), probably he has, but maybe he didn't think they were good enough to record them.

cheyler

I think they're still without a record company, if such things still exist.

Ulrich

piggymirror

Ulrich

Quote from: piggymirror on October 24, 2017, 01:59:19
Quote from: Ulrich on May 23, 2017, 09:24:24
A new rumour says Robert bought guitars and has been writing lyrics...
http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2017/05/so-what-has-robert-been-up-to-lately.html

That was in May. This is October.

Yes, the quote clearly indicates the fact that I posted this in May, what is your point exactly?  :?
(Also, I stated that it's a rumour, which not too much should be expected from...)

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on October 24, 2017, 10:07:06Yes, the quote clearly indicates the fact that I posted this in May, what is your point exactly?  :?
(Also, I stated that it's a rumour, which not too much should be expected from...)

My point is that...

Time slips away...
And the light begins to fade...
And everything is quiet now...

Feeling is gone...
And the picture disappears...
And everything is cold now...

The dream had to end...
The wish never came true...

And the girl...
Starts to sing...

Seventeen seconds...
A measure of life...

Doo doo doo dooo
Da da da da
Wa wa wa wa

Ulrich

Quote from: piggymirror on October 24, 2017, 22:41:17
My point is that...

Time slips away...

Doo doo doo dooo
Da da da da
Wa wa wa wa

Good point, especially the last few words... :lol:

Well, I guess (as Robert stated in one of his more recent "updates" a couple of years ago) that "life carried on" for him.
Also, in my humble opinion, being a bit of a "perfectionist", he wasn't too happy with "4:13 Dream" and thus he wants the next thing to be released to be a really good one.
(Assuming, of course, that the band will release anything at all in the near or distant future!)

cheyler

Robert also did an interview for a Philadelphia radio station after The Cure's gig there in May 2008.  He said he'd be "absolutely horrified" if he/they found themselves still touring in ten years' time.  It's been nine and a whole bunch of months.  The beginning of May will mark ten years since the interview.

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: cheyler on January 06, 2018, 00:13:04
Robert also did an interview for a Philadelphia radio station after The Cure's gig there in May 2008.  He said he'd be "absolutely horrified" if he/they found themselves still touring in ten years' time.  It's been nine and a whole bunch of months.  The beginning of May will mark ten years since the interview.

Oh no :(

cheyler

I think we're OK, he's never really put arbitrary time limits on things, at least not when it comes to the band.  Can you believe that in a few weeks' time, it will have been two years since they toured the U.S.?

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

I missed em when they cae here bc I wasn't a fan at the time n I can't go to the London show. Idek if I will ever see em live tbh. :(

cheyler

No idea what happens next.  Not even gonna try to guess; I've been wrong every time.  Either I'll like it or I won't.  They have six months to get ready for the big party in Hyde Park...and I have about a month to scrape together the airfare and accommodations, plus I want to take a side trip to Colchester to see Martin Newell.