2018.07.07 London, Hyde Park (England) "British Summer Time"

Started by Ulrich, December 12, 2017, 09:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

SusannaRS

Quote from: dsanchez on December 21, 2017, 11:03:38
By the way, as most fans will be in London from the day before, we will be, hopefully, organizing a Curefans dinner on 6th July. Watch this topic for further updates ;)

this could be the place (from CURED):
Lamb & Flag
https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/greater-london/lamb-flag/
Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)

dsanchez

Quote from: SusannaRS on December 21, 2017, 12:22:40
Lamb & Flag

Looks good. They will need to give us a discount cause we will be a big group this time. Looking forward to this (too bad they only make one show though!)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on December 21, 2017, 11:45:12
(Don't forget, you might have to stand there front stage for all of the bands before The Cure take the stage in the evening! Might become exhausting, especially if the weather will be sunny.)

I have to watch my blood pressure and pulse. After the fantastic show in London (Dec 2014)
I suppose that my window of time is 6-7 hours with beta blocker. Everything beyond this is dangerous
for me, so I believe it would be better to enter the park not before 4 pm.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

helloimageifonly

Quote from: tanyasmith on December 21, 2017, 03:47:08
I'm not sure if you'll be in front with primary pass. I think you might have to have premium for that. When I saw them on tour last year, I waited up to 13 hours to be able to stand at the stage. It was cold (especially in Wembley) but worth it. That's great you get to see them for the first time! You're going to LOVE the show. I'm pretty excited about the line-up at the anniversary show. It's going to be an incredible day!

Yes I am excited about the line-up as well! Only The Twilight Sad I need to get into, never digged into that band for some reason but I will very soon..for now I am in a (quite long) period that I can't listen to anything but The Cure so checking other bands is on hold.
..and yeah that's what I read a lot about hours and hours waiting for The Cure and that it's all worth it! I'll prepare myself!

helloimageifonly

Quote from: dsanchez on December 21, 2017, 11:03:38
By the way, as most fans will be in London from the day before, we will be, hopefully, organizing a Curefans dinner on 6th July. Watch this topic for further updates ;)

That's a great idea!!

helloimageifonly

Quote from: Ulrich on December 21, 2017, 11:45:12
Quote from: dsanchez on December 21, 2017, 11:36:36
Based on previous Cure experiences, 2 hours before doors open should be enough to have a decent place.

With so many bands playing, "doors open" will probably be quite early in the day?
(Don't forget, you might have to stand there front stage for all of the bands before The Cure take the stage in the evening! Might become exhausting, especially if the weather will be sunny.)

Yeah I've thought about that..but it'll be worth it  :P

helloimageifonly

Quote from: dsanchez on December 21, 2017, 12:10:16
Quote from: SusannaRS on December 21, 2017, 12:08:46
3rd night in Wembley we started queuing at 6:30 am and we were the first ones. Hyde Park show will be crowded, there are fans of other bands also, but it is too early to start thinking of that :)

Yes it is early but I think about it every day  ;)

tanyasmith

A dinner the night after the show with other Cure fans will be awesome! Please keep us all posted!

helloimageifonly

Quote from: dsanchez on December 21, 2017, 12:27:47
Quote from: SusannaRS on December 21, 2017, 12:22:40
Lamb & Flag

Looks good. They will need to give us a discount cause we will be a big group this time. Looking forward to this (too bad they only make one show though!)

Looks good indeed! Did you do this kind of meet up before other shows as well? (Sorry for the chaotic responses but I am still figuring out how this site works.. :?)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 21, 2017, 17:59:43
I have to watch my blood pressure and pulse. After the fantastic show in London (Dec 2014)
I suppose that my window of time is 6-7 hours with beta blocker. Everything beyond this is dangerous for me, so I believe it would be better to enter the park not before 4 pm.

Of course, take care!
In 2002 I had a great time at Hyde Park, at first sitting under a tree in the back, eating free ice cream (there was a company "trying out" their new product, giving it away for free, I could hardly believe it!) and listening to some of the support acts, then wandering about a bit (I do remember Mogwai were loud even at the back!), later being a bit more close to the stage, for The Cure I stood near the mixing desk (nearly always the spot with the best sound...)!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

The show is about to sell out... if you didn't get your tickets yet, hurry up!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

I can't even go n my parrents don't like concerts with multiple bands so yea.

I guess I'll never see The Cure. ♥️♥️

Smartremark

Purchased a GA ticket, coming from Australia, any tips about going to a concert in London would be appreciated. Thanks.

dsanchez

Quote from: Smartremark on January 06, 2018, 21:08:14
Purchased a GA ticket, coming from Australia, any tips about going to a concert in London would be appreciated. Thanks.

there will be a fan gathering for sure...keep an eye on this topic. And welcome to curefans.com! :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Smartremark

Fabulous! Will do! It's all feeling a bit surreal at the moment, but looking forward to a once in a lifetime experience.  :D