"Let's Go to Bed"

Started by Liza80, September 16, 2015, 16:56:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Liza80

Sounds like Mr. Robert found himself some mischief on the road...

Liza

Ulrich

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to tell us here...  :?
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

Liza80

I meant that the song makes me wonder if it was about a fight with Mary (his girlfriend) about a groupie on the road (mischief). "Another girl, another name"

Liza

Ulrich

Can't see this myself to be honest...

Robert once said it was a "foolish title and the lyrics don't mean a thing".

Wikipedia informs:
Written as a sarcastic reflection on sexual imagery in pop music, the single was a surprise hit.

Still wondering what "I'm shaking like milk" might mean.  :lol:

Liza80

Re- "Shaking Like Milk" add that to the "Let's Have Each Other with Cream" from Lovecats and it would appear that RS has a dairy obsession lol but seriously I think it's a play on the word "milk shake".

Liza

Curehead_steffa

i heard that it was suppose to poke fun of modern pop songs that have meaningless lyrics,and that it was supposed to shift the perspective people had about the band because they have been seen as gloomy and sad and they didnt want that. so yeah its just a silly song and rob barely tried but its still so good.
~-Sense of nostalgia for all these dead accounts-~

Ulrich

Quote from: Curehead_steffa on May 09, 2024, 16:20:47i heard that it was suppose to poke fun of modern pop songs that have meaningless lyrics,and that it was supposed to shift the perspective people had about the band ...

Yes, from all I heard/read that is true. Still Robert kinda "warmed" to the song, having performed it at many of the live shows!