2008.05.12 Boston - Agganis Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

[Sullen reported live for Curefans.com]

Soundcheck

Baby Screams, Us or Them, Sleep When I'm Dead, New Song 2, Sleep When I'm Dead, Plainsong

Setlist

Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, alt.end, A Night Like This, End of the World, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, Pictures of You, Lullaby, The Perfect Boy, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, The Blood, Wrong Number, The Walk, Signal To Noise, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Us or Them, Never Enough, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

Encore 1:

Lovecats, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?

Encore 2:

Play For Today, A Forest

Encore 3:

Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

Notes:

(text messages from Sullen)

15:54- "65dos is soundchecking. Cure are on at 8:30. Three hours is confirmed by the venue, scheduled on stage 'til 11:30.  More later."
17:40- "They are playing a new song right now.  It's very upbeat, not bad like Freakshow, though."
17:44- "Another new one.  Very slow, pretty and lush sounding.  Sounds amazing!"
19:41- "Looks like a young Lovecats crowd tonight.  Most are in their 20s and even less of a goth and punk turnout than the last two nights."
20:20- "Not a huge crowd tonight. Less people than Fairfax and Philly, it seems."
21:09- On Sleep When I'm Dead (New Song 1 from soundcheck): "Sounds kinda like Shiver and Shake."
21:44- On The Blood "Porl is playing an electric on this."
22:49- On Close To Me "Robert is very drunk"

Many thanks to Sullen for the setlist tonight!  :smth023  What a shame...15 minutes left to do the third encore....could have easily done Other Voices/Faith.  Instead, more of the same.  :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Boston University presale starts tomorrow.  Does anyone know the password?

jct

When does the soundcheck usually start? around 4 PM??

does anybody know the agganis arena? where does the band enter the building?
Thanks

DJscribbles

so if we come early - like three hours before the show, we could catch the band entering?

how can you enter the venue during soundcheck? i thought doors didnt open until 6:30
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

mitchgo

Does anyone know if there's any kind of curfew at Agganis?

sullen

I hope there is no curfew for Boston....

7:30 start time, that would put them on stage at 8:30 the way things are going and with the 11pm curfew in place..... well.....

Hopefully it's 1130 or 65 days of **** will go on at 7.

Soundcheck is at 4 usually.
Band usually arrives at 3.

I'll do setlist coverage for this one if nobody else can.

j

Sullen:

You can text me the songs as it goes if you don't mind.  Let me know and I'll pm you my number

mitchgo

i don't think they'll change the start time without notice.

I sorta doubt there's a curfew pre-midnight. i've seen Pearl Jam several times at the Fleet/Garden and those shows have run close to midnight. I know the Orpheum has an 11pm curfew but that's a venue specific thing. I was just wondering if anyone here knew of anything, because the Cure won't be on till 8:30 and i hope they can play till 11:30 at least.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on May 11, 2008, 15:28:37

Soundcheck is at 4 usually.
Band usually arrives at 3.

I'll do setlist coverage for this one if nobody else can.

Thanks for that info and nice offer for the live coverage.  :smth023

scatcat

Quote from: sullen on May 11, 2008, 15:28:37
I hope there is no curfew for Boston....

7:30 start time, that would put them on stage at 8:30 the way things are going and with the 11pm curfew in place..... well.....

Hopefully it's 1130 or 65 days of **** will go on at 7.

:smth043 :smth046

sullen.. i agree.. without a w*nking support band, there WOULD BE 3hours or more of our boys!

I know there was a curfew in Oz... BUT we did not have to put up with a tragic support band..   :shock:

i hope all the best for the Best Band tonite.. and all the Curefans attending..   :smth023

enjoy!!   :smth020  p.s.  jealous.   :(
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

rodney

Even with the support band, The Cure have been playing plenty long sets.

scatcat

Quote from: rodney on May 12, 2008, 19:15:13

yes, quite right there rodney .. but imagine without curfews, and JUST The Cure playing.. an extra 30 minutes, or an hour..?   ;)

MAGIC  :D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

cure_kitty

Quote from: scatcat on May 12, 2008, 19:27:34
Quote from: rodney on May 12, 2008, 19:15:13

yes, quite right there rodney .. but imagine without curfews, and JUST The Cure playing.. an extra 30 minutes, or an hour..?   ;)

MAGIC  :D

Oh yes that would be great if they didn't but hey newer bands need a break.  65 Days of Static were quite good in Philly just a bit too loud for me.

Anyways have a fun night to all of the Curefans who are going!  :smth023   

j

Sullen has sent in the soundcheck.  Right now there has been silence inside for about 5 minutes, so we are assuming they are done soundchecking.  Keep an eye on the first post above for the setlist as it happens tonight! :smth023