2008.05.26 Vancouver - General Motors Place (Canada)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:15:26

Previous topic - Next topic

cure_kitty

Thanks for the reviews & links carycameron & crowbi_wan. Hope you both enjoyed the show even thought not much was different than previous shows they played so far.  It's good to hear that Roberts voice is back too. :D

robiola

Quote from: carycameron on May 27, 2008, 16:45:11
here is a link to a review from the Vancouver Sun newspaper

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=8df7babf-5494-4dc5-983f-11cffb8c42c0
Thanks for the link, and I'm so glad the reviewer enjoyed hearing "From the Edge of the Deep Blue Sea"  :roll:
Not one of the best setlists IMO. (but I would kill to have been there anyway!)

DJscribbles

im worried that they still havent put a forest back on, i want to hear it live while im still young! grr..

see ya guys tommorow night at SJ, hopefully the cure will treat the bay area well once more
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

[labyrinth]

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 27, 2008, 23:58:35
im worried that they still havent put a forest back on, i want to hear it live while im still young! grr..

actually,
it's in!

look at the last encore  ;)

bearnutt0054

Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 28, 2008, 09:34:43

actually,
it's in!

I bet this show rocked

crowbi_wan

Quote from: bearnutt0054 on June 08, 2008, 04:17:19
Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 28, 2008, 09:34:43

actually,
it's in!

I bet this show rocked

No, it didn't.  It was the lamest of the 11 shows I saw this year.  Antwerp was a hard one to top, but this did it.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad show.  Just nowhere near the others.

ghanisbuli

Really?  My family thought this show was much better than Sasquatch.  Robert was in a much better mood and danced and had fun.  At Sasquatch, he just stood there...  This show had much better energy, in my opinion.

Not the best Cure show I've seen, of course, but my dad was BLOWN AWAY by it.  And I'm forced to tell him, "It's got nothing on Everett."

I'll post pictures as soon as I get through my Sasquatch stuff (or maybe sooner...).
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

crowbi_wan

I guess it's because it was a shorter show, no surprises, that damn pop encore (the long version), and a forest with no songs before it.  Yeah, Robert was having some fun and sounded waaaaay better than at The Gorge.  Probably wanted to rest his voice some, too (thus a bit shorter show).  I was expecting more, though.  That intimate setup, not having played Vancouver since '96, and moving the Seattle show to the middle of the state just had me thinking that it would be something more than it was.  Not a bad show, just not my favorite from the ones i saw this year.     

ghanisbuli

I liked the pop encore, haha. I wish they would've changed things a *tad* more from the Sasquatch show.  They probably did go with some safer songs due to Robert's condition.  I mean, I imagine that the particularly emotional songs are extra straining.

I hadn't thought about the conditions surrounding the concert, but that's a good point.

My, I can't wait until my dad and sister see the band when they're all nice and healthy.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

music_feeds_my_soul12

if i ever get to go on another concert, i hope that they will play jupiter crash because its one of my favs. if robert is healthier next time, i would like to see him dance a little more, but i guess simon rocking his bass to a forest makes up for dancing.

ghanisbuli

Quote from: music_feeds_my_soul12 on June 22, 2008, 04:03:21
if i ever get to go on another concert, i hope that they will play jupiter crash because its one of my favs. if robert is healthier next time, i would like to see him dance a little more, but i guess simon rocking his bass to a forest makes up for dancing.

I saw Jupiter Crash live  :-D  Bwahahahaha...