2018.10.04 "Interview: Simon Gallup – There Is No Cure", Singletrack, UK

Started by dsanchez, October 07, 2018, 18:05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

There's an interview with Simon about his other passion: riding mountain bikes! The interview can be read in the issue 121 of the Single Track Magazine which you can buy here for only £5.50. Extract from the interview:

QuoteIf we rehearse, if we record, I always take a bike along and just go and do it. You know, the thing is with Robert, he's not a fake, he is what you see. He is Mr. Goth -he does go to bed at seven (am) and gets up at 2pm. So I get all the cycling done and he does not really know. We rehearse in Brighton a lot, so I leave my bike at the rehearsal studio, shoot along there, go out for a few hours and just get back -it's like having a secret life

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tanyasmith

It makes sense...Simon has always been in great shape! I LOVE this! Thanks!

Ulrich

Yeah, it sounds funny how he "secretly" goes riding his bike, while Robert's asleep!  XD
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

To be honest, I always admired him for having such skinny legs. Cycling is the
best sport for Simon, mainly because he's using his arms and fingers on stage,
though he acted like "Mr. Whirlwind" at times, but I think it's his personality. He's
doing something for his circulation as well. It's even better than running - that puts
constant pressure on your feet, knees and spine. Great photos and very interesting!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)