What´s missing on Join the Dots?

Started by fannwenner, May 06, 2008, 15:12:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Descent

Yeah, the version on that film soundtrack was another different one : remixed and including new vocals as well actually. Not a great version in my opinion in the end.

KingOfSomeIsland

Its a real shame that the 12" extended mix of Pictures of You was never released anywhere else. It really is miles ahead of all other versions Ive heard.

EDIT: The version released on Galore and the UK versions of Greatest Hits is the edited version which is only 4:48, the full track is 8:13.

The song Spilt Milk isnt avaliable anywhere except low quality mp3s on Soulseek and the like. Its a completed song too, from the Bloodflowers era. Why it wasn't on JTD is truly a mystery...

Brother Tims

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on May 11, 2008, 00:40:02
Its a completed song too, from the Wild Mood Swings or Bloodflowers era.

Bloodflowers.

jonesthesteam

old topic i know, just joined, thought i'd stick my oar in and mention that 'the exploding boy' on join the dots is completely different from the version on the 7" 'inbetween days' single.
ta much.

Ulrich

Welcome!

Quote from: jonesthesteam on July 17, 2015, 17:37:35
'the exploding boy' on join the dots is completely different from the version on the 7" 'inbetween days' single.

Is it? I hadn't noticed. I knew the song from an old tape with the b-sides (unfortunately I don't have this any more), but hadn't heard it for a while when JTD was released...
What are the differences?

Is this the original b-side version?
https://youtu.be/kE36xUS1QZo
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Fabien G

shake dog shake, the exploding boy, and world war, not only remastered but remixed? Can you explain me what you heard that is so different?

also, just one kiss has a different intro between the version of JW and the walk or The Upstairs room?

i had a complete list somewhere but i can't find it back. A lot of things missing here. some stuff are only in-house mix and completely unheard and unfindable....

nodisco

Apart from the official Cure discs, some 12" versions have been published in various compilation cds.

First of all, on the Blank & Jones "So80s" series:

- Let's go to bed (extended version) (7'41") on Volume 3
- Close to me (12" extended mix) on Volume 4
- Why can't I be you? (12" extended remix) on Volume 8
- Pictures of you (Extended re-mix) (the "green sleeve" edition) on Volume 9
- Boys don't cry (1986 Resung & Club mixed extended 12" version) on Volume 10

The extended version of "In between days" is also available on a 2005 compilation cd called "Retro:active 4", the extended "Lullaby" is on a couple of compilation of the "12"/80s" series, the 12" version of "The Lovecats" is on "Retro:Active 6", and maybe there are other compilations that I'm missing...

The Misnomers

Not sure where else to put this... but I've heard there are TWO versions of Pictures Of You remixed for the One Perfect Day soundtrack (i.e. the Paul Mac Remix and some other Old Z Remix).  Has anyone actually ever seen the Old Z remix?! Is this a real thing?  It's mentioned on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Perfect_Day_(2004_film).  Anyone know the truth?