2008.02.15 Hamburg - Color Line Arena (Germany)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:43:04

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney

True.  Maybe I'm just not creative enough to imagine it that way.  Naturally, there are many other songs that could work well with this lineup that they just won't play.  Though we're only five shows into the Europe leg.  An awful lot could happen.....  I just don't want those same three encores every show. 

scatcat

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 18, 2008, 17:33:25
(you know we were joking with a few friends in berlin how the next person who even mentions the words/name 'freak show' will get a punch in the face because everyone was repeating it all the time, how awful it was and annoyzing each other by singing a line or two from it hahaha)

sounds like my type of party!! but maybe with the added tequila shots!!  :-D

@rodney.. i bet u that bt the time they play Paris gig... something will change.
what's your wager?  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: Lady on February 18, 2008, 17:38:06
I like "Freak Show"!  :smth023
More I listen to it and more I like it! Its rhythm got imediately into my mind...very cute, it makes me feel happy! :D

well, to each his/her own then, i guess.
imo 'freak show' is not even a cure song, it's just something totally alien and dreadful for them to do... when they start playing it, i get a feeling like "what is going on here, what band is this, i mean... WTF???"
i'd say let all those backstreetboyzz do that sort of brainless stuff - bob should have better ideas underneath his wig... :roll:

so i'm not against pop songs as such - but the cure could always write hell of a lot better pop songs than that!
this is some cheapo discount stuff.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

No thanks!  I think there are a few shows where we can be almost certain that something special will happen, and Paris is certainly one of them!

Unfortunatly, we'll likely be back to cookie-cutter pop sets by the time I see them in the US in May.   :(

u-a-b-f

(you know we were joking with a few friends in berlin how the next person who even mentions the words/name 'freak show' will get a punch in the face because everyone was repeating it all the time, how awful it was and annoyzing each other by singing a line or two from it hahaha)

at last Daniel stopped singing it after the Berlin show so there was no need to punch him all the time when driving home :-)

scatcat

Quote from: u-a-b-f on February 18, 2008, 21:56:18
at last Daniel stopped singing it after the Berlin show so there was no need to punch him all the time when driving home :-)

had he already passed out?  :-D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

hahaha he must have been too afraid of being beaten up by the rest of you on some desolate stop somewhere well outside the city, so he decided to shut up singing his favorite song  :lol:

silversand

Freak Show isn't that bad, maybe we have to get used to it :)

The Hamburg show was awesome!!! I've enjoyed the concert very much.
It was loud, so i'm glad i bought hearing protections.

japanesebaby

Quote from: silversand on February 18, 2008, 23:00:55

no it's not bad - it's bloody awful. :-D
and yes, in life we tend to get used to things we don't like (because we often have no choice). yet getting used to something doesn't mean it became less bad... getting used to bad things is scary...

by the way i suggest the cure should play 'numb' next to 'freak show', those two would fit together nicely!

japanesebaby

i meant they fit together because one has to be numb/anesthetized to get through that other song.

silversand

Numb is other than Freak Show, because it's a sad (?) song.
Maybe it fit together with let me say Never?
I have to hear Freak Show on CD, i think to form a opinion.

Yes, we get used to something we don't like by and by, but i think not always. Or am i wrong?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 18, 2008, 23:05:19
Quote from: silversand on February 18, 2008, 23:00:55

no it's not bad - it's bloody awful. :-D
and yes, in life we tend to get used to things we don't like (because we often have no choice). yet getting used to something doesn't mean it became less bad... getting used to bad things is scary...

by the way i suggest the cure should play 'numb' next to 'freak show', those two would fit together nicely!

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 18, 2008, 23:07:38
i meant they fit together because one has to be numb/anesthetized to get through that other song.

I was about to say something, but I see your joking  ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: silversand on February 18, 2008, 23:15:09
Numb is other than Freak Show, because it's a sad (?) song.

of course they are different. you see i was just trying to find some irony in the song names alone, nothing more. at least i have to make myself consciously numb, to get throught that freak song.

about getting used to things we don't like. i really can't see why we ever should do that - unless we actually start to like them by and by. but if we don't (start liking them), getting used to them means having to accept something by force. i don't see much good in that. anyway.

u-a-b-f

Quote from: scatcat on February 18, 2008, 22:14:33

had he already passed out?  :-D
i hope so

u-a-b-f

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 18, 2008, 22:46:17

hahaha he must have been too afraid of being beaten up by the rest of you on some desolate stop somewhere well outside the city, so he decided to shut up singing his favorite song  :lol:
possible thats the reason ... or maybe hearing it for the second time cured him from singing that f***ing lines all the time