Started by Cure Freak, September 19, 2007, 22:40:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Siouxsie_

I've never had a pet, except for a Tamagotchi. How sad!  :(

Steve

Quote from: Siouxsie_ on September 21, 2007, 05:18:09
I've never had a pet, except for a Tamagotchi. How sad!  :(

OMG. I remember those.
I used to work in theatre as a stage manager & at all the rehearsals, I had to collect all the bl00dy things so we could rehearse properly.
They would all be in a box beeping & getting sad & hungry.
What nutcase dreamt those things up huh?
:roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

i had a little tank for tropical fish when i was a kid (my brother was severely allergic to animals so we couldn't get any other pets).
ever since, i've no pets and i don't want to get one. taking care of a few house plants is enough for me, i don't want/need any extra responsibilities in a form of any living creature for me to take care of and look after. otherwise i love animals but not pets, i love the wildlife. i'm happy when i sometimes spot a fox or a squirrel here - living in a  city isn't the most ideal for wild animal spotting. :?

despite the city environment, there's a nature resource pretty near to where i live, almost right in the middle of the city (it's a bay area which is especially famous for bird life). sometimes i enjoy taking a walk out there. and i've spotted a few pretty rare species of birds there too over the years. but all those serious semi-professional bird-watchers gathering there with their super-fancy telescopes and satellite navigators, ready to spot every single poor little winged bastard and all ready to hop in a car any minute and drive some 500 kilometers if they just hear some RARE bird has been spotted here or there, those guys made me laugh... but well, i bet they'd think the same about some band forums so....
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

Carnage V ~ Yey Phoebe's gorgeous, nice back home an safe n sound :D

I've never  had  a 'tamagoochi'- or whever they are called, but wanted to at one time,= But i knew i would kill it for fun  :twisted: Siouxsie did you do that too? you can admit it lol   :smth084

God i would love to see squirels and all the foreign animals.    Finland ~ wouldnt even know what animals to expect.. But looks like a beautiful country... Wish to travel more...   :smth051

Ohh Cure Freak- same thing happened to me when i was renting, living close to another 'old lady' tenant, Mine was still a puppy- to my face she said he is beautiful and behind
my back.....you know the rest, (complained about him), couldnt afford to move with such short notice, and stuff all money- ByeBye puppy - really really heart breaking.  :smth085   

Cure Freak

Carnage V, Phoebe is a cutie.
ROGUE, it was very heartbreaking. :cry:

japanesebaby

Quote from: ROGUE on September 21, 2007, 08:35:31
God i would love to see squirels and all the foreign animals.    Finland ~ wouldnt even know what animals to expect..

well a common idea of finland seems to be that we have reindeers everywhere: i've had tourists asking me in the center of helsinki "where are the reindeers?" - heyy ok you have to go to the far northern regions like 900 kilometers up north for that... what comes to southern finland it is pretty much like most of europe, not much different. the only thing is that unlike most  (central) european countries, we still do have brown bears, lynx, wolves and wolferines.
and definitely no polar bears around here hehe. i've heard some tourists ask for those too. :roll:

anyway, i suppose australian fauna would be just as exotic and strange to me - i'd love to see a koala or a possum once. but please don't tell me to go to the zoo, one place i absolutely hate are zoos. i can't visit any because they make me so sad.

ROGUE

Ohh wow, sounds beautiful wolferines, lynx wow !! and brown bears so cute, I have seen photos of cats chasing bears up trees, And the proud house cat standing below the tree all puffed up and impressed with himself.

Yeh i hate zoo's too, mostly sad, seeing animals stalking in circles,. Even i wanted to mention in another thred, about SeaWorld in Qld- The dolphins are the favourites, but the poor penguins were sadly neglected,(early this year) not being as popular- I was very concerned to see them look so unhappy,- 2months later when i got home to Victoria, i heard on the news that those penguins died, due to poison from the ground/grit- rock like stuff- would have been artificial to have killed them, slowly. But ohh i suffered alot of guilt not saying anything,

although noone would have listened anyway- 'They know better sort of attitude', but still felt so much for those penguins.
I didnt want to mention it earlier here, as SeaWorld do alot of good rescue work  :smth023   Everyone makes mistakes i suppose, so sad though, for the sweet little penguins- In penguin heaven now
:smth059

AND I JUST WANTED TO POST MY LITTLE FANGEE AGAIN. :smth060

Cure Freak

I hate zooz, also. I hate seing animals in cages or in enclosed enviroment.
I simply, love Australian wildlife. Especially the birds. My boyfriend took some photos of a couple of species, from his yard, the other day. Here are the photos.

Rosellas tasking a bath.

Laughing Kookaburra
They do sound like they are laughing.

japanesebaby

Quote from: ROGUE on September 21, 2007, 13:27:32
and brown bears so cute, I have seen photos of cats chasing bears up trees,

well i'm not exactly sure if the bears are really "cute", you know they are really big ones and can be dangerous. they can kill people if they want to. it has happened at least once during recent years, a guy went jogging and he was attacked and killed by a big brown bear. so it would take some house cat to chase one of those into a tree... huh i'd like to see that cat - it would have to be some huge mutant cat or something. creepy...

(poor penguins :?)

ROGUE

Magpie's (Aussie native bird) can take an eye out, or slash your head open in breading season, the males swoop down,(protecting nest) with their beaks big and strong, aim, and scoop as much of you head and/or eye as possible, Alot of people have lost an eye to a Magpie attacks. Best defense is to wave a stick with leaves.

Love the pics of Rosella's- have some residents here, and the laughing kookaburra can be heard where i live aswell. Nice pics thank you,
Cure Freak wondered where your Robert went, Love the new one.... Robert often reminds me of a caged and dangerous animal, but sexy~ in his own cage, like awaiting the onset
of the full moon. werewolf, changes ~ yum    :smth079

japanesebaby-   :smth006     Second thoughts- Iam sure it was a young american bear, but i have a newspaper clip of it, i try find it. Are brown bears alot bigger ?
But like bears, still think them cutsie, but probably wouldnt try to cuddle a brown bear, just admire from affar, very far.... 

japanesebaby

like magpies, some larger owl species are known to take eys out of people during breeding season. i think the great gray owl is the most notorious. they can really cause severe facial/head injuries, with those claws they have. another thing is that you absolutely can't hear the owl coming because even though they are big, they fly completely silently. i've seen a big eagle owl from close range a few times and it's really amazing, how it's just completely silent when it flies! every other bird that big does cause lots of flapping noises. anyway, the owl attacks are bad because they take you completely by surprise so you don't have time to duck or cover yourself.

Quote from: ROGUE on September 21, 2007, 13:49:56
japanesebaby- Iam sure it was an american bear, but i have a newspaper clip of it, i try find it. Are brown bears alot bigger ?

the incident that i was referring to happened here, so it was european brown bear, not american. european brown bears are not as huge as the american grizzly bears.
"pretty close" kind of things like this one do happen a few times a year i think:
http://www.wayodd.com/finnish-woman-fights-off-bear-attack/v/2885/

ps. i found this rather nice site with photos of finnish wildlife (some foreign wildlife pics there too though):
http://homepage.mac.com/lsippu/PhotoAlbum7.html

this would actually be the best site for finnish nature photos, but the site seems to be offline now:
http://www.luontokuva.org/

ROGUE

We have nocturnal owls, but non agressive like that, towards people.  Amazing i have never heard of any owls like that.  We have a 'screeching owl' here that makes a scream/screech noise during flight which is a blood curdling noise, and also in silent flight- but the scream frightens any little animals, and then they catch them with their claws.  I heard it one night and thought it was a crazy woman screaming, and going mad- very very spookey noise !

Love the homepage you posted, i have bookmarked that one   :smth024   - Love Red Squirrels-so cute, Wolverine (looks like bear relative), Otter-always love them so busy and playful. Moose's look so passive, when i have seen them on t.v. Racoon dogs are cute too, And Lynx just magik looking. Mink are so beautiful, hope they are protected species now.

That lady that survived the brown bear attack was very lucky, especially that the female bear had a pup- Wow very lucky kick to the snout.
Thanx Japanesebaby~ I will enjoy looking at these pictures again, and all these animals are in Finland ? Beautiful   :smth051

EVERYONE PLEASE POST YOUR PETS, IF YOU HAVENT,   :smth006  WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE CONTENT LITTLE/BIG  SPOILT FRIENDS   

Cure Freak

Quote from: ROGUE on September 21, 2007, 13:49:56
Love the pics of Rosella's- have some residents here, and the laughing kookaburra can be heard where i live aswell. Nice pics thank you,
Cure Freak wondered where your Robert went, Love the new one.... Robert often reminds me of a caged and dangerous animal, but sexy~ in his own cage, like awaiting the onset
of the full moon. werewolf, changes ~ yum    :smth079

Your welcome. I may post pics of my BF's two terriers. They are so cute.
I thought for a change on the av.
Yes, he could eat you all up.  :lol:

Cure Freak

Here is one of my BF's terriers. He is next to one of his scupltures.
He has a brown and white one ,also.

ROGUE

Beautiful, you tricked me though, was thinking dog- eh??? small dog, ehhh? lol -thats beautiful  :smth023

God i love that Robert you got, eeeee its making me hot hot hot HOT,     8) "stop it Robert, I cant right now."  :lol:

:smth006  Posted a pic of the Fairy Penguins, at Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia... At their home, nice and happy, people go to view them coming home at night and waddling their way to
their burrows- Very cute to see them  :D   And also a koala at Phillip Island pic, couple of my favourite residents of the Island.

* Got these two pic's from 'Phillip Island Nature Park' website.