iTunes and Join The Dots

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, May 01, 2008, 03:53:06

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

I have found a problem with Join the Dots on iTunes...
When I downloaded the box set onto iTunes, for some reason it places the song "A Forest (Mark Plati Mix)" from disc 4 separately. So I have a separate entry on my iPod for this one song... it's not grouped with the other songs from disc 4, or from the box set. This is the only song that has this happen to it. Any ideas? I've tried sorting the information to match the rest... no good. It's really really annoying to say the least, as I like to have a certain order to my library!! Without order there is chaos, and I can't handle that kinda chaos on my iPod!  :smth056
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Bloodflower

I've experienced something like this when ripping an album during two goes (for instance, if track six had an error the first time, I might try to rip it again); the only thing that seems to work for me is to go into the information bit and make everything identical but the track title. Even then, it sometimes doesn't work. It's maybe the thing I find most annoying about iTunes at the moment.

Anyway, hope that helps.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

~*CherryRed*~

Ah Cheers Bloodflower... But I have tried both of things you mentioned... and No go! And I have found serveral things wrong with iTunes (grumble grumble)!!! I'll never get another iPod thats for sure!

Steve

What you need to do is right click on the track in the itunes list & go to "get info"
The change the artist name to The Cure.
Itunes looks up all the titles in a database somewhere (gracenote) & then applies all the attributes accordingly. But you can alter them manually afterwards.
Try it & see how you go.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

~*CherryRed*~

Ok, Steve, tried that, and no change... this is waht i've done;
Right clicked on the song A Forest (Mark Plati Mix) to bring up it's information... Clicked on the Info tab, have made it as follows; name= A Forest (Mark Plati Mix), artist= The Cure, album artist= The Cure, album= Join The Dots: Disc 4 <-(as I have listed all the other songs on that disc!) composer= Gallup/Tolhurst/Smith/Hartley, genre= alternative <-(I have selected alternative for all my Cure stuff on iTunes). I have selected part of a complilation also, in the hopes that it would group it with the rest of disc 4. Even the album artwork is the same.

I think I may have to reload it and get the information all the same, like the composer etc... Very weird though, as no other song or artist has done this... for one song to be out of whack is odd!
Cheers for the advice guys! :smth023

Bloodflower

I don't know if it will reverse your fortunes, but you should uncheck compilation; iTunes seems to regard compilations as only Various Artist things. For instance, an OST with different bands on it would be under compilations, but not a single band's work from various eras onto a compilation album.

I've been there, and it drives me mad too.

Good luck.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

scatcat

believe it or not ~CherryRed~ .. i only have the first 2 dsiscs from my collection( not downloaded) on my pod..  :smth011
only because they are my favourite 2.
I will try to pop thenm onto pod over the weekend, and let you know, just one question.. do you have the original discs, or just downloading them from itunes?.
TIA.. ..
p.s. hiya  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 02, 2008, 04:41:17
I don't know if it will reverse your fortunes, but you should uncheck compilation; iTunes seems to regard compilations as only Various Artist things. For instance, an OST with different bands on it would be under compilations, but not a single band's work from various eras onto a compilation album.

I've been there, and it drives me mad too.

Good luck.

Yeah.. tried that also bloodflower... thats why I posted this, 'cause all the 'usual suspect' options haven't worked!!! Never mind, that song shall just have to remain solo... poor wee little song, all on it's lonesome!

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: scatcat on May 02, 2008, 22:08:21
believe it or not ~CherryRed~ .. i only have the first 2 dsiscs from my collection( not downloaded) on my pod..  :smth011
only because they are my favourite 2.
I will try to pop thenm onto pod over the weekend, and let you know, just one question.. do you have the original discs, or just downloading them from itunes?.
TIA.. ..
p.s. hiya  ;)

Hey scatcat!!! How you doing pal? :smth023
You've gotta get your stuff on the iPod... what if I, or another cureite visited you, and neglected to bring an iPod? We'd only have your 2 discs to listen too!!?? Hey? What then? LOL... don't mind me! (have a head cold, so things are a tad off the wall for me at present!)

All the stuff I have on my iPod is from my collection, my CDs. So no download limewire etc.../iTunes stuff. I don't want to buy from the website, as some friends have had trouble with that... another problem that this technology has it would seem.

I have to say this really baffles me... and I don't much like it! :smth011

Brother Tims

I'll never understand why anyone would buy things from iTunes when they are widely available elsewhere.

~*CherryRed*~

Well, I reckon people buy from iTunes becasue it's there... If I hadn't had heard so many horror stories about buying from iTunes, I would've been a lazy sod myself and bought from iTunes! What's easier, buying online or going down to your local record shop!!! I have always had a thing about having a 'hard' copy... My ol' man instilled in me the need to buy LPs and not cassette tapes etc... like all my mates were, he said "if your tape gets chewed, you've lost it... but buy the LP and make a cassette copy, then it doesn't matter" So I have always had a thing about having a proper copy, not burnt or downloaded things!