it would be better if we didn't have this...

Started by japanesebaby, January 05, 2007, 16:17:16

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

i can't help it but to quote this software advertising/specs that i just had a pleasure to browse.
oh what a "magnificent" software we have here, some quotes from their site for your pleasure:
(and sorry for a possible extra sarcasm in my comments... but i just think this is such a great example of "programs that should not even exist". it does just about everything imaginable that one really should not do.... we'd be so much better without it, i'm positive.)

Converts and Burns All Video Formats, such as DivX / XVid movies, AVI format videos, Mpeg movies, VCD/SVCD movies, WMV videos, Real videos, Quicktime videos DIRECTLY into DVDs so that you can watch them on your TV with your family and friends.

= divx to dvd? come on. why do people still want to put divx/other vcd quality files on dvd? it doesn't turn any better than it is.... actually, it turns even worse as everyone knows.
(and even 'Real videos' - my goodness!! :smth095)

Copy your DVD movies (Does not copy encrypted discs). No more fear of scratches ruining your precious DVDs! Can compress 9GB dual layer DVD movies and fit them onto 4.7GB single layer DVD discs.

= oh so here we have it people!: it's all about the "fear of scratches"! that's why everyone should destroy their 2 DVD sets/dual-layer discs by squeezing them on one disc for the sake of "practicality". so it doesn't matter that somone tried to make it look/sound good and thus chose to put it on 2 DVDs instead of one. we should all just prefer some blocky blurry garbage instead - just because we don't have to "fear scrathes" anymore!  :smth044 :smth096
this is like saying: "hey let's get rid of the quality, it's so annoying!"

cursed be DVDshrink and other programs like that.  :smth076
IMO.

Turns your MP3,WMA musics into 8-hour long music DVDs. Listen to your non-stop favorite musics all day long without changing the disc!

=well ok, i don't expect them to have flac support, maybe i can deal with that... but no mention of ANY uncompressed audio formats?  i suppose they don't exist then...  :roll:

Extremely easy to use. No Experience Or Computer Skills Necessary!

= ok. no comments needed.
of course, user-friendliness is certainly a good thing but since you can find lots of great quality software with similar qualities too...

Low Low price that you cann't resist! Pricing Details:...

= hmm... now that i think of it, hey i think i can!  :rocker

=my rating in general:smth100

ps. i won't post the URL to this. they don't need any advertising or customers, if you ask me.

ps2. if you got annoyed by this, please try to think of my post as a joke. or something.
although it surely isn't a joke.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

oh, i forgot: and it even says

Turn Your PC into a Movie Studio

:smth095

(yo!  :-D )

lostflower4

Yep, there's lots of retard-friendly stuff out there... Almost painful to read about. :smth011

bluewater

Yeah  :rocker

And it cleans your house, takes your dog out, keeps your girlfriend/boyfriend
happy when you´re not there and it helps you make new friends without having to make any effot or without having to think about dvd burning and encoding. You can´t do anything
with your computer without this software, you have to live with it and you can´t live without it. And it installs an ad-ware to help you buy all things for the lowest
prices.  :shock: :

-bluewater
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

japanesebaby

Quote from: bluewater on January 05, 2007, 23:28:47
Yeah  :rocker

And it cleans your house, takes your dog out, keeps your girlfriend/boyfriend
happy when you´re not there and it helps you make new friends without having to make any effot or without having to think about dvd burning and encoding. You can´t do anything
with your computer without this software, you have to live with it and you can´t live without it. And it installs an ad-ware to help you buy all things for the lowest
prices.  :shock: :

-bluewater

whoooa..... and it probably pays my taxes too yes? sure, sure, ah... blissssss.

...although wait a second, they actually did say:

No Ads, Nags or Spyware! Virus-FREE!

ok, that's got to be just a joke. funny dudes. :lol:

about this kind of stuff, it's just ever so depressing when you receive a dvd with a lineage like one for instance:

"DVD-R trade,DVD Shrink,Maketorrent, Dime" :smth009

WHY not leave the damn shrink out of it altogether? especially since it spits you out not only a quality-destroyed dvd but a dvd completely without any chapters. so it doesn't even qualify as some sort of poor re-authoring:
on the contrary, it's anti-authoring at its finest, in all forms.

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 05, 2007, 23:49:05"DVD-R trade,DVD Shrink,Maketorrent, Dime" :smth009

Hey, I think you're forgetting our favorite:

VHS > standalone > DVD > standalone (copy/re-encode/lose menu) > DVD

:oops:

bluewater

I think very few dvd uploads have the usual ADDD etc lineage information. I don´t know
if it is good or bad thing.

bluewater

If had a third letter, C, to denote a digital clone /identical copy, then
my favourite lineages would be

AC

(too good to be true)

or

DC

-bluewatr