lot of money, eh?

what you would do?

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Me:

1) Quit my job (despite I like it!)
2) Learn more languages (slovak,german,italian, etc.)
3) Give money to my family
4) Buy some lands (to hire) and a flat
5) Travel to Orange, France
6) Start a business (have a small bar, for instance)
7) Organize a Curefans.com party somewhere in the middle of Europe  :smth020

That comes to my mind now...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

1) agreed (i'm not sure i totally like mine)
2) agreed. it always bothers me that i never studied more than 3 languages at school. that's too little. i feel uncivilized because i don't know french, spanish or italian for instance.
3) yes.
4) and here too - BUT definitely from somewhere else than around here. the first thing i'd make sure would be i get the hell out of finland!!
5) travel EVERYWHERE - i regret i didn't travel when i was younger (no money :() and today i always have this a feeling i'm running out of time to catch up...
6) good idea: something/anything to ensure i don't have to work ever again...
7) i hope we both get miraculously blessed with this wonderful pile of sweet money as soon as possible and we can arrange it together!

ok sorry for totally uninventive approach but you pretty much listed everything already.
but i guess i'll have to think of something original too... 

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

disintegration

1- Give money to my family and friends (very friends)
2- Quit job!  :)
3-Travel, travel, travel!
4- Big house with my girlfriend in my city and another on the sea!  :-D
5- Buy Ternana (soccer team of my city)!
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

crowbi_wan

I would coninue to work.  Seriosuly.  I mean 1,000,000 isn't really that much anymore.  A decent sized house (2 Bedrooms, 2 baths) in Seattle goes for $600,000.  So, I would buy a house along the water in West Seattle (which would be much more than $600, 000), get a Gretch Silver Falcon http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G6136TSL&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1 , with a Matchless Chieftain CH-212.  I suppose I'd travel more, record more and perhaps build a small studio.  My parents like cruises, so I'd arrange one for them.  The rest, I doubt there would be anything left, would go into savings. 

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 03, 2007, 20:57:36
I would coninue to work.  Seriosuly.  I mean 1,000,000 isn't really that much anymore. 
yes it isn't so that's why one should try to be as clever as possible and arrange to have a sort of business where other people would do most or preferably all the work for you and you could just sit back and enjoy. that's the goal in life...
:!:

lostflower4

Put it in in a bank and start collecting interest. 8)

Otherwise, I'd probably spend it all right away...

japanesebaby

and what if then you'd be hit by a truck the next day or die of a heartattack and never got to enjoy it...
so what's wrong with spending it? that's what's money's for... just sitting on it is silly.  8)

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 03, 2007, 23:00:49
and what if then you'd be hit by a truck the next day or die of a heartattack and never got to enjoy it...
so what's wrong with spending it? that's what's money's for... just sitting on it is silly.  8)

I'm not saying to sit on it forever â€" just be smart enough to start making a little bit more off of it. I've heard enough stories about big athletes and rock stars going from filthy rich to flat broke in a matter of no time. That would be horrible.

I agree that it's ridiculous to see these OLD people who have endless money and never spend it. And some of them are still really cheap when it comes to everything. It's pretty sad...

Then they die.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 03, 2007, 23:31:28

I've heard enough stories about big athletes and rock stars going from filthy rich to flat broke in a matter of no time. That would be horrible.

MC Hammer comes to mind.   

And I always hear about lottery winners who spend it all and wind up in debt.  There was one guy that won two or three times and still ended up flat broke.   

Sussex

7) Organize a Curefans.com party somewhere in the middle of Europe  :smth020

What a cool dream!!!

For me
- give to my family
- collect all The Cure merchandise
- travel..to europe especially..
- buy Robert Smith a lunch at TGI Friday  ;)

"Thick As Shit"

Tof

Organize a big THE CURE concert for CUREFANS.COM members with a setlist made by fans !!!
Tof

temptation-cure

Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

japanesebaby

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 04, 2007, 01:05:06
Quote from: lostflower4 on July 03, 2007, 23:31:28

I've heard enough stories about big athletes and rock stars going from filthy rich to flat broke in a matter of no time. That would be horrible.

MC Hammer comes to mind.   

And I always hear about lottery winners who spend it all and wind up in debt.  There was one guy that won two or three times and still ended up flat broke.   

I hear that, too. That's why I would buy some lands and start a small business :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo