2008.06.01 Los Angeles - Shrine Auditorium (USA)

Started by j, April 15, 2008, 12:19:32

Previous topic - Next topic

j

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 02, 2008, 19:08:54
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 02, 2008, 11:50:11
I can't help but feel a slight bit disappointed for not getting the 4 song Faith encore or some of those other songs that are on the master song list

whatever i do to make it real - never enough(?)

(one more time to kill...)

Yeah, yeah.  I know.  It's just my expectations were so high.  Believe me, I loved every minute of that show.

but...

I'm always wanting more, anything I haven't got, everything I want it all

scatcat

wow.. sounds like an amazing concert..   :smth023

thanx crowbi_wan!

was i reading correctly.. no Porl in the final song?.. David, I feel the same way..   :(  maybe the band IS disintegrating. Will it arise again as an awesome foursome after the tour? ) 

I guess only time will tell. I would miss Porl.  :shock:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

crowbi_wan

Porl doesn't play anything during Faith.  There's nothing wrong with him.  Rather than stand on the stage and do nothing for 10 minutes he decided to stand off stage.  Can you blame him?  Three hours in those ruby red sparklers must kill!  :P

scatcat

:-D  hehe.. somewhere along the line, I've missed the ruby red sparklers.!  ;)

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 02, 2008, 06:36:53
what happened after alt.end? :?:

Sorry, I was unable to use the computer for a while :?

That's why some of Bloodflower's info was posted from my mobile. Thanks again to him for the coverage! Just one question: this 2Late lyrics were sung alone? and if it's so, should that be included as part of the setlist? (also the happy birthday Simon)?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

just re-reading the previous pages.. sounds like a pretty emotional night, what, with Robert getting all soppy over Simon,
( happy birthday to the Gorgeous One  :smth020 )

wish i was there. the tour is not long to finish. that's sad enuff!  :cry:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on June 02, 2008, 19:34:39
Just one question: this 2Late lyrics were sung alone? and if it's so, should that be included as part of the setlist? (also the happy birthday Simon)?

i don't think those count as songs. *)
if i understood correctly '2 late' lyrics were sung as extra lyrics during 'faith'.

(they'll never play THAT song live...)

*)by the way, just a personal opinion but it often bugs me when partial/only "hinted" songs are included in the set lists. you'd read about it and think "wow, they played that!" and then you listen to it and it's only like 5 seconds or one line or riff = damn.
for instance how many times they've "played" 'fire in cairo' like this, according to "official" set lists? or 'it's not you' - compared to the times they've really played those songs complete.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

2 Late was included as extra lyrics to Faith, after Robert sung Happy Birthday to Simon [also as extra lyrics]. You can hear it on Brian's recording. If they were played standalone, you wouldn't have heard from me. I would have died.

I'm still reeling from how great that show last night was. I've been telling people that I consider it a religious experience for an atheist. That's given me some funny looks. And when I mentioned Robert was crying during it, that I felt like crying too, got a little watery-eyed, everyone just looks funny and laughs.

:roll: Oh ye, who, not understanding, mock that which is true, good, and beautiful.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Druide

...Dancing in my pocket...

HaloCure

Crowbi, thanks a million for releasing the recording of Faith and for your photos. I see you caught a pic of my favorite Cure security guy. I'm gonna kiss that man the next time I see him ;)

We'll be in FL at the Sunrise show, and gods willing, videotaping the whole thing. We're on Row 6 there.

cure_kitty

Wow that sounds like one excellent show!  :smth020  Damn I wish I could have been there!  Thanks to crowbi_wan & bloodflower for the reviews and  crowbi_wan pics & Faith!  Great pictures! :smth023 

What an amazing set-list.  :-D  Faith, OOTW, Bloodflowers, Simon's B-day, Robert crying, the crowd in awe, well it can't get any better than that!  Makes me want to go see another Cure Show! 

j

Quote from: cure_kitty on June 03, 2008, 01:00:43
Makes me want to go see another Cure Show! 

@Cure_kitty- NYC is less than 2 hours away from you.....RCMH should rival the Shrine show!

cure_kitty

Quote from: j on June 03, 2008, 01:31:10

@Cure_kitty- NYC is less than 2 hours away from you.....RCMH should rival the Shrine show!

Hey j.....Oh I know I should go & I'm sure RCMH will be just as good if not better then the shrine.  Been thinking about going the past few weeks but I'm having a serious cash flow problem.  So I'm not sure I'll be able to go, too many bills to pay this month!!!  :smth100  But maybe if I can swing it in three weeks, I'll make the trip but I'm not counting on it.  I've only planned for two shows this tour & I already went to two so I'll just have pass up on any more. :cry:  You're going right?  Well, have a great time!  :-D

Wishypants

Quote from: j on June 03, 2008, 01:31:10

I've been lurking here for awhile -but reading that just prompted me to get tix from stubhub for RCMH.  I'm so excited!  I saw the Philly show and it was great, but I'm really looking forward to seeing in them at Radio City. It'll be my husband's first Cure show!