2007.08.06 Adelaide - Entertainment Centre (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

A write up would be brilliant! And its really cool that you met up with another curefans.com person! I hope to do the same in Melbourne! But we shall see if it happens or not. I'm glad it's going to be loud! Well I hope the Rod Laver Arena is set up correctly for it anyway! I'm getting so excited! I'm like a kid around Christams time!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Sussex

After all..it was a great great show isn't it.. :smth023

Good to know The Figurehead is being played... :smth001

But no Strange Day at that day... :-D

"Thick As Shit"

mikmcc

Yes it was very loud

I has singing my lungs out, I couldnt even hear myself, and the person next to me didnt even complain - said they saw my lips moving but heard nothing (but the band)

compared to earlier (2000/1992) shows where you could talk/shout to the person next to you.

I imagine an audience recording shouldnt have too many problems with adjacent clapping/talking.

The sound was good loud, a few moments where feedback was a bit too harsh, and roberts voice was a bit too loud in a few songs (Never Enough comes to mind)

Robert made some comment when re-entering for encores, something about  "... only in australia..." I think he was kicking beer cups (or theri contents) around the stage.

Roberts voice also sounded different, higher pitched? more like his early voice, it was great.

mikmcc

4 x Adelaide photos at Chain of Flowers

Note that the back drops for most singles were the single art.

The sped up on-train video footage for Jumping Someone elses train really seemed to speed up the song and was a great way to end

My only negative comment is that the "encores" are obviously preplanned when they have vids set up, I would prefer encores that are quibbled about by the band backstage so we can get obscurities - like new songs perhaps.

Sussex

Quote from: mikmcc on August 07, 2007, 06:05:34
Yes it was very loud

I has singing my lungs out, I couldnt even hear myself, and the person next to me didnt even complain - said they saw my lips moving but heard nothing (but the band)

compared to earlier (2000/1992) shows where you could talk/shout to the person next to you.

I imagine an audience recording shouldnt have too many problems with adjacent clapping/talking.

The sound was good loud, a few moments where feedback was a bit too harsh, and roberts voice was a bit too loud in a few songs (Never Enough comes to mind)

Robert made some comment when re-entering for encores, something about  "... only in australia..." I think he was kicking beer cups (or theri contents) around the stage.

Roberts voice also sounded different, higher pitched? more like his early voice, it was great.

Lucky you to watch such show.So i bet that if someone taped that show..the result would be so terrific..Cant wait for that want :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

devoblue

Quote from: mikmcc on August 07, 2007, 06:14:13
My only negative comment is that the "encores" are obviously preplanned when they have vids set up, I would prefer encores that are quibbled about by the band backstage so we can get obscurities - like new songs perhaps.

But they do!

Quote from: Robert Smith at the start of the first Encore, Adelaide show
We couldn't agree what to play so we're all going to play different songs for you.

I wrote this down right after he said it.

Would Robert lie to you?
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

mikmcc

I was hoping by different songs, he meant different to what we played last night.

I am not complaining, but I think back to 1992, when they played Melbourne and played A Forest, and briefly appeared to start playing a long version to end the show (1 line of additional lyrics) before ending it, then playing Faith. the following night in Adelaide they played a 15 minute version of A Forest, it seemed that it was really decided as they went along.

I guess such sponteneity would effect other aspects of the show like lighting/effects, which rely on a more organised set.

By all accounts, I am still loving it 2 days later, and I agree 100% with most of the reviews on Chain of Flowers.

imaginarynancyboy

hi! i am new here.. (YAY!) :D

i was wondering if anyone got more quotes from him (from the Adelaide gig) i couldnt understand, when he spoke, much of what he said coz the mic echoed really badly.?

oh and did anyone tape it? like audio-tape?

i was right up front and i have pics, if anyone wants to look...they arent perfect as mainly i was so blown away and in a dream for the entire thing, haha...
go here....

http://htwycross-thecure6807adelaide.buzznet.com/user/photos/

I think I should finish soon, I think I should end. Magic and dreams and the end of the world. In the Hanging Garden...

Steve

Welcome imaginarynancyboy

I haven't seen a recording of this one anywhere yet. That's not to say there isn't one, but there maybe someone who has it only for trading at the moment.
Someone here should know if that's the case though.
Happy posting.

Cheers.

Steve
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

mikmcc

DevoBlue may be able to elabrate on these

Robert made some comment before Lovesong - Unclear what he said, the word special was mentioned.

improvised “australian girls” in The Figurehead

Before 1st encore
"Thankyou, sorry we were so long coming back, but you know how it is…. f*cking miles away…    ..?..  … & we couldn’t agree what to play, so we’re going to play different songs for you."

Before 2nd encore
"Only in Australia you know… at the end I’ll be all ..?..  ..?.. dried out   Fuckin hell"

After 2nd encore
"Thank you very much good night….  Thank you…. ….   See you again"

thats all I got

imaginarynancyboy

ahh ok thanks  :smth023 i really couldnt understand anything!
I think I should finish soon, I think I should end. Magic and dreams and the end of the world. In the Hanging Garden...

devoblue

Woops, I stopped paying attention to this thread.

He made some comment about the Adelaide beer and another comment about how long it takes him to get used to being in front of an audience.  But I didn't tape the show and the only quote I wrote down was the one mentioned above.

f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

tigermilk