What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

Iam exhausted from opposing- still dont like it, but ehhhhh, fart pop and squeel.

Luv your pic scatcat.

catch you all then.  :rocker

wont be mentioning 'it' again, fear of anal penetration(re:smites).   Smiles anyway~ but  always. 

LuvURobert

LMOF!  :smth043  You guys crack me up!  Thanks for the laughs!  Yeah... don't know how the karma idea is NOT going to be a "club thing"??

Ummm... What happened to just saying, uh, "thanks" for the helpful info and such.  Guess that could lead to unnecessary thread posting, eh?  That always seemed to work.  Or we can just say, "yeah, thanks but didn't help" - instead of I SMITE you now!!

Uh, oh better stay on topic for fear of getting smited!  Guess this whole subject annoyed me today.   :smth011
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

ROGUE

Yes me too, 

But anyway sorry for my intense emotions at the moment. -personal stuff.

So many nice people here, and i am  not  posting apology because of 'karma' -

Posting because i really have enjoyed it here, and also met lots of nice people,
and knew that i wasnt being my usual self.

:smth036   (edit~ think a mis-communication took place-Sorry no hard feelings, just opinions- and this is another thred.... but thats all old news. :smth023  )

p.s. quietly think that the already, mentioned 'club' (by sumone else)  :smth017   . . .what ever gives  some
validation i suppose.  I was just concerned about  people feeling they
cant speak their mind, etc.  Or being intimidating to newbies, anyway iam over it.

sweet, glad that little tantrum is over- shi what is with me= think its old age kicking in. *no answer to this question, i beg. :smth091

LuvURobert

don't even worry about it!!   :-D
"And I shiver and shake

scatcat

Quote from: LuvURobert on October 11, 2007, 17:30:31
LMOF!  :smth043 

what is LMOF??? I am computer dyslexic!!   Is it Lord My Oven's F***cd., or Let Me Outta France..??? confused?.... :smth100 :smth100 :oops: :oops:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Quote from: scatcat on October 11, 2007, 19:02:41
Quote from: LuvURobert on October 11, 2007, 17:30:31
LMOF!  :smth043 

what is LMOF??? I am computer dyslexic!!   Is it Lord My Oven's F***cd., or Let Me Outta France..??? confused?.... :smth100 :smth100 :oops: :oops:

...No wait... I'm the dyslesic one!!  It should be LMAO!  Laughing my a** off!!  Now I really am because I can't type!   :-D
"And I shiver and shake

Cure Freak

Quote from: ROGUE on October 11, 2007, 09:45:55
:smth011 I heard of a nasty hail storm, big as bowling balls or something.

Anyway Iam also glad he is ok,

But its such a hassle with cars, and after being in an accident very hard to shake the memory.

I actually still get 'flash backs' of my car accident, so lucky i survived. A lady from Sydney last year on 'grand final' day for aussie football,
in the evening, in Melb, on Sydney road- Decided to do a sudden u turn, didnt see me.
God i wish i could forget, not as much fun driving sometimes- when i get the memory, i go so slow.

But other times i feel confident again, and thrash it a bit.

Still, really happy he made it out ok.  :)

My BF lives in OZ. I guess your area didn't exprerience the hailstorm.
and thank you. :smth001
Glad you didn't get hurt either.

And it's okay to state your opioion,on here. We, don't have to all agree on things. So don't wory to much about it. I like what you have to say and respect it.

japanesebaby

(before i say anything: no i am not shooting at anyone here. i'm trying to say something in a hope that it would makes things better for everyone. so please try to understand me without getting instantly on the edge or something.)

as related to this "karma conversation":

come on guys, it doesn't have to become a club thing, unless we choose to make it so. and why would we?
i don't any point it this sort of thinking. let's not start forming clubs and building barriers here. whowill benefit from that?

and i say this only because i really hope it could be fruitful and clear some air, NOT because i wanted to support any sort of club forming or ehhm... smite (such a hip word today isnt it ;)) anyone. so before you freak out on, me please read me first and try to see my point:
because as much as i would like to see otherwise, i am starting to see a pattern here. recently we've had quite a lot of people coming here form the official site. and that's ok, everyone's welcome here for sure! but what has really started to worry me lately is that i've also started to sense the attitude of the official site creep in here. and please try to understand me here, by  this i don't mean to lash anyone. all i mean is i see people freaking out every once in a while in a slightly paranoid way - and everyone who ever spent any time on the official site is familiar to that. believe me, i used to be there a long time ago so i know what the place is like and what i does to you. that's why i hate that place from the bottom of my heart and i don't want to set foot there again. period.
but this place is not the official site. this is curefans. this is NOT a place where mods play games on members (like on the official site) and people bash each other behind the anonymous safety of some every changing array of characters. we don't want that paranoia here, nobody needs it here. because this place is NOT like that place. so please everyone, let us not bring that paranoia here. we're so much better without it. we never had any of it here and we don't want any. you who only joined a few weeks ago might not have noticed it already, but that crap does not belong here. have a better and deeper look around and you should notice it.
and everyone's welcome from there to here but please leave the attitudes of that place at the door. ;)
so let's run this place in a different way ok?
and so, why should we need to have any club things here?
let's not start this "us vs. them" in this place for chrissakes.
let us have a look around and try to see what this forum is about - this is not about the same things.
this is an organized place, this place has some aim and some healthy ambition. this is not an "anything goes" kind of babble center/nuthouse which hardly has anything to do with the band - like the community section is.
and again i hope this can be taken as a friendly comment and somehting that only aims to be constructive! but please note that this is a different kind of forum than the official site is. that place is a complete mess, it's not moderated and it has no rules/no respect. curefans is a moderated, organized place and we want to keep it that way. it benefits everyone.

please note that we have a lot of members here who might look like they are invisible to you because they don't post daily, sometimes not even every week. but they are here and we need to consider them too. these people come here for the cure-related stuff and they like this place because of it. recently we had to change it that the posts in this section don't come up on the list of 'recent posts' anymore, because this section was drowning out the others. some people (and not just staff members but regular members) actually complained about this, about all the informative stuff being buried under non-cure topics.
so please people, there are a lot of different people here. and  we cannot please everyone every single minute. but we need to consider everyone, not only those who post most of speak out most eagerly. there are other kind of forum users too and a lot of those people have been here a long time, they've learned to love curefans for what it has been and they don't want to lose the place. they might be silent or almost invisble but they are here and they also love this place. so let's not try to turn this place into something else ok? 
maybe i sound like i'm preaching but i'm only saying this because i'm sensing an atmosphere forming here which i'm not sure i really like at all times. i'm not even sure what it is. sometimes i feel like this place is slipping out of hands and i don't like that feeling.   
but what we all can do to prevent this, let's not start forming clubs ok?

personally, lately i've also been worried because the amount of moderating here has gone off the roof. i used to like moderating here because well, things were mostly running nicely on their own: people came here, read the news, posted a bit about the cure and that's it. ever since a few last weeks, the balance has been shifting towards more and more non-cure related posts, lots of people just looking for a chat. now, let's not say there's something bad in it. because there isn't. but personally, if i'm really honest, i am getting a wee bit tired of spending my online time on all these little dramas that seem to spring out every other day here now. what little online time i have, i'd much prefer to spend on something that's related to the content of the forum - which is music. where did all this dram stuff come from? i really don't know. because honestly, it wasn't here a few months ago. we never had such a problem here before. something in the conversation culture seems to be changing, and if you ask me, no i don't like the way it's heading now. so what's going on here?

again, don't get me wrong: everyone's welcome here and i have no ill will or grudge against anyone, i really don't. i'll say it again: i really don't. but still, in this current situation my recipe for everyone would be simple: more cure and less off-topic. because if anyone asks me, the more we talk about and center on ourselves, the more we tend to freak out and bring our personal issues here too. and yes, everyone has bad days and things happen sometimes of which we're not so proud of or happy with, of course. but what i mean is that that's maybe not the best choice on a long run/as a main focus. after all, this place aims to be a cure forum and the more we keep the conversation on the subject, the less we are distracting ourselves and others with  our personal issues (which everyone here has for sure) and the more enjoyable we make it for everyone. id really like to think so. and no i'm not disencouraging anyone to post anything. on the contrary, i'm encouraging people to post
more - but please keep on-topic and please why not look into the main content of the forum: the cure.
so please let's not make this a madhouse like that certain place is. let's try to see this place as something different - because it is.

and now, before someone feels like freaking out and wants to smite me off the planet, i'd just hope you'd consider what i said because i only meant it as something constructive.

oh, and to keep this on-topic too ;): what made me annoyed today? maybe not annoyed but at least sad: to see how much this place has started to resemble the official site's community section in the past few weeks. i don't hesitate to admit that i personally find that really very disappointing and it makes me sad to see the sings like that.
my wish for how to make things better:

more cure, less off-topic.

thanks for your attention (everyone who endured and managed to read through this all hehe  :smth001).

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

silversand

I don't want that this forum would be like the official one, because that would be sad :(
I haven't posted there for a long time and i think i never will, because i can't stand these atmosphere there. That's not the kind of forum i like.

My question is what do you expect or want from an off-topic thread?
Do you want to talk about non-personal things e.g. about what other bands someone likes to listen to or which books someone likes to read or films he/she likes etc. If i understand it right it's not so good if someone posts how his/hers holiday was or what happend to him/her at work or school.
I think it's good to know each other a little bit, but in a way that not every one is let me say an open book, i don't like that, because i think it's better to be careful what you write about yourself on the net.

Sure, it's a cure forum and we should talk more about the band than about personal things, but i've always thought that at off-topics you can talk about non-cure related things and it is for this kind of things. Maybe i did understand something wrong, if it's the case, i'm sorry :)

I like the atmosphere here a lot and i don't want that it will get lost  :).

Carnage Visor

The karma thing. I get offended easily by things like that...it's like putting a rating of how much people like you. That's the last thing I need in my state of depression. Sorry for the downer.

japanesebaby

Quote from: silversand on October 11, 2007, 23:23:25
I don't want that this forum would be like the official one, because that would be sad :(
I haven't posted there for a long time and i think i never will, because i can't stand these atmosphere there. That's not the kind of forum i like.

My question is what do you expect or want from an off-topic thread?
Do you want to talk about non-personal things e.g. about what other bands someone likes to listen to or which books someone likes to read or films he/she likes etc. If i understand it right it's not so good if someone posts how his/hers holiday was or what happend to him/her at work or school.
I think it's good to know each other a little bit, but in a way that not every one is let me say an open book, i don't like that, because i think it's better to be careful what you write about yourself on the net.

Sure, it's a cure forum and we should talk more about the band than about personal things, but i've always thought that at off-topics you can talk about non-cure related things and it is for this kind of things. Maybe i did understand something wrong, if it's the case, i'm sorry :)

I like the atmosphere here a lot and i don't want that it will get lost  :).

thanks for your comment, silversand.  :smth001

yes, i didn't meant o "attack" all off-topic threads/posts here. but i want to be frank and honest with this because i believe it'll help us all here: what i've started to sense here is exactly the similar kind of pattern that is going on on the official site. the weird over-reacting/drama creating/paranoia towards everything:
a world where you can't trust anyone because you don't know who everyone is - which typical in the official site where people have a million different characters/usernames, mostly just for drama-creating purposes.  :smth011
a world where you can't trust the mods because they are just about to stab you in the back anyway - typical for the official site again (because yes, they WILL stab you there, i know this from personal experience).  :smth011
etc.
and all that, it just doesn't belong here on curefans.
let's not bring it in here - we don't want it and we don't need it.

i think a lot of us have experiences from really badly run cure sites/forums. the official site is one of the worst but there are others too, as many of know. we all like it here in this place, because this place was put up as an alternative to all those depressing places.
what i've been worried about here lately is that some people seem to have forgotten that not every site has to be like those crap sites. not every forum "needs to" have those kind of aggressive attitudes and depressive "watch your back" kind of atmosphere. it's not something that a cure forum necessarily "has to" have. there surely are these shit places that have it, but not here!
we can choose to say "f*ck that" to all that crap and have a nice place here instead.

we all make this place for what it is. this place does not exist without the people who create the atmosphere and visit here daily and contribute to this ongoing project called curefans.com. and since we create this together, so we all must also take responsibility of it, we have to care about it and nurture it together. so let's cut the crap and try to see what the purpose of this place is.

so that's what i meant when i said "everyone's welcome but leave your attitudes at the door", please.
let's keep this place like it always was, the way we all love it.

:smth001

(what it has to do with off-topic threads: another pattern i see coming from the official site is the attitude to turn every thread to a chat thread and veer everything off-topic after 2 posts. again, some chattier stuff is ok sometimes and we all enjoy it to certain degree, but let's not make it a habit. this is an organized forum that aims to offer information to fans of this band and we need to keep things in order here. people don't need to post "just something" just for the sake of it - please do post if you have something to say, something to contribute but let's not fill this entire place with some kind of 24/7 chat line atmosphere. again, this is not the curefans i've grown to know and like and love. let's keep things running in a sophisticated and organized manner, that way it will be nice to us all. :smth001)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Annoyed today because I appear to have sciatica which is casing me intense pain in my back & left leg when I try to stand or sit (or generally move around actually).
Never had pain like this before (other than tooth aches) & I am actually a bit scared :cry:

Looks like I'm not playing pool tonight then  :?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

j

Quote from: Steve on October 12, 2007, 12:39:42
Annoyed today because I appear to have sciatica which is casing me intense pain in my back & left leg when I try to stand or sit (or generally move around actually).
Never had pain like this before (other than tooth aches) & I am actually a bit scared :cry:

Looks like I'm not playing pool tonight then  :?

I feel for you Steve.  I had back surgery about 10 years ago, and still have problems periodically.  But the surgery made my life a million times better.  Hope you feel better soon!

Steve

Thanks Jeff.
I'm dreading going to the flat I rent to pick up the cat this evening.
He always knows & hides under the coffee  table.
I think I might just puke if I have to get down that low to fetch him. :?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

j

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 12, 2007, 10:45:48
thanks for your comment, silversand.  :smth001

yes, i didn't meant o "attack" all off-topic threads/posts here. but i want to be frank and honest with this because i believe it'll help us all here: what i've started to sense here is exactly the similar kind of pattern that is going on on the official site. the weird over-reacting/drama creating/paranoia towards everything:
a world where you can't trust anyone because you don't know who everyone is - which typical in the official site where people have a million different characters/usernames, mostly just for drama-creating purposes.  :smth011
a world where you can't trust the mods because they are just about to stab you in the back anyway - typical for the official site again (because yes, they WILL stab you there, i know this from personal experience).  :smth011
etc.
and all that, it just doesn't belong here on curefans.
let's not bring it in here - we don't want it and we don't need it.

i think a lot of us have experiences from really badly run cure sites/forums. the official site is one of the worst but there are others too, as many of know. we all like it here in this place, because this place was put up as an alternative to all those depressing places.
what i've been worried about here lately is that some people seem to have forgotten that not every site has to be like those crap sites. not every forum "needs to" have those kind of aggressive attitudes and depressive "watch your back" kind of atmosphere. it's not something that a cure forum necessarily "has to" have. there surely are these shit places that have it, but not here!
we can choose to say "f*ck that" to all that crap and have a nice place here instead.

we all make this place for what it is. this place does not exist without the people who create the atmosphere and visit here daily and contribute to this ongoing project called curefans.com. and since we create this together, so we all must also take responsibility of it, we have to care about it and nurture it together. so let's cut the crap and try to see what the purpose of this place is.

so that's what i meant when i said "everyone's welcome but leave your attitudes at the door", please.
let's keep this place like it always was, the way we all love it.

:smth001

(what it has to do with off-topic threads: another pattern i see coming from the official site is the attitude to turn every thread to a chat thread and veer everything off-topic after 2 posts. again, some chattier stuff is ok sometimes and we all enjoy it to certain degree, but let's not make it a habit. this is an organized forum that aims to offer information to fans of this band and we need to keep things in order here. people don't need to post "just something" just for the sake of it - please do post if you have something to say, something to contribute but let's not fill this entire place with some kind of 24/7 chat line atmosphere. again, this is not the curefans i've grown to know and like and love. let's keep things running in a sophisticated and organized manner, that way it will be nice to us all. :smth001)

I'm with you on this M.  We are the best Cure forum out there, and there is no reason we should sink to the depths of the other ones out there.  We have assembled a fantastic group of mods here, from different backgrounds and in different locations.  That gives a good mix to the forum.  Most (if not all) of us have had bad experiences at other forums and will not allow that crap to happen here.