The Perfect Boy (4th single)

Started by [labyrinth], July 22, 2008, 21:40:48

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

KingOfSomeIsland

After hearing the full song I gotta say I really like it. Its catchy and fun, but meaningful at the same time, I think of all the mix 13 singles this one is the one that has the best chances of being a hit

MintCarSpiderMan

Decent song.  Agree with revolt, Robert's vox sound a little high.  I will wait to make judgment until I hear the album mix.  Perhaps it will be different.

Cure Freak

there's a reason why this song, on this particular day..
Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary Robert and Mary

Poe

Weeell, don't care much for the lyrics, hehe. Yet again it's the story about the nice girl who wants to live happily ever after with one boy ( :roll:), while the boy is the realistic one who just wants to have a good time and ends up hurting her. Sounds like a variation of There Is No If... Well, I guess the ending makes it fit better as an anniversary song though... ;)

Happy anniversary.

Lyrics:
http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5479.0.html
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

dsanchez

Can't believe. The boys are publiciting this video in this shitty page (I've got a message from The Cure MySpace about this)

http://perezhilton.com/tv/?videoid=2a8e049bb7e85

What has to do The Cure with that shitty paparazzi website? :smth017

Why they don't do make publicity of the video throught Curefans.com's YouTube Channel instead?! :D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Well, it'll probably be seen on Perez Hilton's page more than it would through MTV.  Besides, they say any publicity is good publicity  ;) 

japanesebaby

what's that, some parishilton site? :lol:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 15, 2008, 07:50:31

Never heard of Perez Hilton, the self-proclaimed "Queen of All Media"? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perez_Hilton

I don't follow his blog or anything (not really into the whole celebrity gossip or outing scene), but it does get a lot of hits.  There are already 117 comments for The Perfect Boy on his page and who knows how many views.  Sure, I'd rather Robert provide a link to the Curefans page.  But hey, if he wants to send out a link to a sight as some sort of attempt to find a new audience I'm all for it.  More interest in the band could mean another US tour.       

japanesebaby

i know that blog. i was just...
well, nevermind.

"an attempt to find new audiences" - sure. perhaps they can arrange some new curiosa festival tour with fall out boy & co. :D :oops:
(and no i wouldn't mind if THAT was just another US exclusive.)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 15, 2008, 08:22:39
i know that blog. i was just...
well, nevermind.

"an attempt to find new audiences" - sure. perhaps they can arrange some new curiosa festival tour with fall out boy & co. :D :oops:
(and no i wouldn't mind if THAT was just another US exclusive.)

Oh no, maybe that's what this emo remix EP is all about, Curiosa 2 with all of those bands.  Good god that would be awful!  I should smite you for suggesting such  :P  We should erase the comments just in case RS is lurking.  We wouldn't want to put any ideas in his mind :!:

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 15, 2008, 07:50:31

Yep. PerzeHilton = Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Linday Lohan. Sorry but can't see how the Cure fix in there.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

nausearockpig

sigh..  :smth088

I can't get excited by these two new songs. I'm REALLY disappointed...

Is it going to get to the stage where "I like their old stuff better than their new stuff"? I hope not..

I really want to like this but find it kinda boring. I kind of hum along to the chorus bit... time will tell..

:smth011

disintegration

I like this single!
But I attend underneath the stars and A boy I never knew!  :smth020
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Lostflowerboy

I love both songs on the single. The 5/4 rhythm of "Without you" works much better as one might expect. The only thing that would make the single perfect would be some keyboard sounds on "The perfect boy", but maybe the album version will have them.