The Perfect Boy (4th single)

Started by [labyrinth], July 22, 2008, 21:40:48

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on September 01, 2008, 04:18:37
Ah sorry there you ol' farts... but red is my fav. colour!!!

nothing wrong with tha, at least it wasn't yellow or something - now that would be truly alarming. sort of. ;)

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on August 30, 2008, 13:23:00
I think I'll end up being one of those (yep, you know it's coming!) "I like their old stuff better than their new stuff" people

i know what you mean, feeling those scary words coming up... although trying to think positive: even scarier than that would be the "i even like that old stuff of theirs which i used to hate better than their new stuff" status, so let's hope that all is not lost yet! ;)

"i even like their old
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

revolt

Just checked 'Without You' and 'The Perfect Boy' on You Tube... Again, nothing really bad, but overall, quite underwhelming. 'Without You' does have some nice guitar and as a song, on the whole, it sounds, well, kind of nice, at best... (argh!, it seems that I'm at a loss for words here, but the best thing I can say about the best of any of these new songs is really only... "kind of nice"). Where is the magic of The Cure, Robert?

And again, I have to repeat that Robert's vocals are too high in the mix... That, coupled with the vocal effects (echo and backing vocals, it seems), results in Robert starting to sound annoying. It reminds me of WMS, in that respect. Annoying vocals was one of the problems of that album: even an otherwise good song like 'Jupiter Crash' had an annoying-vocals-section in it...