A Night Like This
26 (21.8%)
Screw
1 (0.8%)
Sinking
22 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 97

faith89

It was close between Push, Sinking, and A Night Like This. But I have to go with A Night Like this because it was the one that surprised me the most when I first heard A Head On The Door.

maluflower

Quote from: Whiskers on October 08, 2008, 19:58:36
I don't understand the general dislike for the song Screw; it's one of my favorites on the album.

One of my favorites as well.  :smth023

Push is absolutely one of their best ever. Six Different Ways sounds musically to me like the theme to a children's TV program, which I love. :)
Sinking for that bass line. The Baby Screams, The Blood, so many great ones. I can't pick!

revolt

Quote from: Whiskers on October 08, 2008, 19:58:36
I don't understand the general dislike for the song Screw; it's one of my favorites on the album.

Well, it has a groovy bassline, but that's about all that is interesting in it, in my opinion. There's no real chorus. And the lyrics are really weak.

Whiskers

I find the only mediocre song on the album to be Six Different Ways; it just sounds out of place on the album to me. Also, I just find the lyrics annoying and I don't care for the music.

AStaticWhiteSound

I really adore A Night Like This. The melody that Robert sings goes so perfectly with the chords that are playing, its one of those songs that makes me want to just stop everything and float away listening to that song. It's quite beautiful and absolutely amazing.
A charcoal face bites my hand... My Cure guitar and bass covers

tigermilk

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on July 22, 2008, 18:18:54
They shouldve replaced Screw with A Few Hours After This... or A Man Inside My Mouth.

Or 'The Exploding Boy'!

I would have liked it if they had saved some songs from the Japanese Whispers album for The Head On The Door. It would have been great if 'The Upstairs Room', 'The Walk' and 'Lament' were on The Head On The Door.

I'm dreaming about it now... :smth020

isamu

For me, deciding between The Blood, Push and Sinking is like asking to choose your favorite child. It's virtually impossible.

Though I must say, if the version of Close to Me on HotD was the 12" Extended version, I would have chosen that.

jbud1980

i know, i know, but it is a song that can get me out of any funk and make me feel effervescent/carefree again. i can listen to this song over and over again without tiring of it.

close to me.

:-D  :smth020

othervoices13

Push - hands down.

Sinking and A Night Like This are all-time great songs as well...
a smile to hide the fear away

skellington

A Night Like This- I just love it! :smth020(I also like Push and Inbetween Days a lot) But since this is my favourite album I think all the songs are awsome :-D
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Eire

I chose Sinking! As this is my favourite Cure album it was a bit hard to do...I also considered A Night Like This,  Push, and Kyoto Song. :D

fiction

I had to set up a sort of decideble perimeter and really narrow it down between The Blood and A Night Like This. Not that those two songs are really related but they still atract me and I sort of get shot by both sides. Anyway I finally choosed The Blood because of its nervous acoustic staccato guitar. It really gets under your skin and I´ll surrender to its obedient and direct demands.

If my choice didn´t get through clearly it was The Blood!
again and again and again and again and again and...

in bed amongst the stones

Close to Me, followed by Six Different Ways, Inbetween Days, Sinking, A Night Like This.
Pushing her white face into the mirror...

Violator

"In Between Days." One of their first songs I ever heard, and the one that turned me into a fan of the band

Szigi

01 The Blood (bloody (!) flamenco, it burst! one of my biggest favourite)
02 Inbetween Days (perfect pop song with beautiful synth)
03 Screw (an underrated cool dark-funky song, an early Hot Hot Hot!!!)