Signed Festival 2005 DVD on Ebay

Started by j, September 29, 2007, 00:04:33

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Yeh, unfortunately I couldn't bid,, the format is U.S. so it's useless here, but the autograph I wanted , and willing to pay... last update I got was the bidding was up to $2,000 US ... I woulda paid mre...

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

j

Holy shit....it closed for $2025!!!  I have a few signed things by the whole band.  I have a signed guitar, a copy of Ten Imaginary Years (including Porl, Lol, and Boris!), and autographed press photo, and a copy of the Cure CD signed on the front booklet. 

At the rate that the DVD sold for, I could put a down payment on a house if I sold my stuff!

scatcat

yeah unbelievable or not.. would u really sell ur stuff..say 2 me.. and DONATE 80% to a chosen charity... I am wallowing in money here just to get my hands on an autograph.. what's your guitar like honey??
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

j

scatcat

thanx J,  I popped a bid in, but I'm sure it will go thru roof again.... us mad collectors..so hard in Australia to get cure stuff.. cheers!
p.s. r u sure about the guitar???

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

j

Quote from: scatcat on October 06, 2007, 19:08:47
thanx J,  I popped a bid in, but I'm sure it will go thru roof again.... us mad collectors..so hard in Australia to get cure stuff.. cheers!

Well, if I ever get divorced, it may go up for sale!

scatcat

Quote from: j on October 06, 2007, 19:10:54
Quote from: scatcat on October 06, 2007, 19:08:47

hope... not.... but I'm here if u wanna sell it. I promise!!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on October 06, 2007, 17:38:31
what's your guitar like honey??

Quote from: j on October 06, 2007, 19:10:54

jeff what if i tipped your wife about the thread...?
perhaps you might get grounded? - again. 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

oh no!!! there is no part I play in these matters.!! u poor man though.. grounded??
I'm just after the guitar, not the man... :shock:

I have bid on the cd.. just wish something went to charity as well.. I do sponser a child in Ecuador maybe that will make up for it.
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

scatcat

Quote from: Cure Freak on October 06, 2007, 20:03:47
Quote from: j on October 06, 2007, 18:58:20

Have alook at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260166281038&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=110173758885&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

I took that picture of Robert in Camden in 2004!  That is my pic the guy is using!
You could report it. I don't know if anything will be done. But. it wouldn't hurt to try.

How did he get ur pic? Yep that is the item in question.. I sent an email, see what happens, are you sure about it?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on October 06, 2007, 19:38:28
I'm just after the guitar, not the man... :shock:

actually i think you hit the nail on the head: now who'd want a man when one can have a guitar? :-D
i mean it!  :lol:

@jeff: i think you (or we all) should report it, whatever it's worth. because it's not cool. :smth011

(but some really nutcase prices some people are prepared to pay for signed items, $2000+... i once watched a complete(!) official KMKMKM first aid box (in mint condition) being sold on ebay and even that went "only" around $1200, if memory serves.
i never really got it, why people pay for signatures/signed items. i've always thought they only really mean something if you've asked it to be signed yourself, in person. if you were there yourself... and even then, personally i've never been into signature hunting at all.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Okay, so let's all bid mad amounts & then if we win it, we just tell the guy to take a hike.
Done this before with Sisters stuff on e bay that was made by someone who shared freely in the sisters community & ....ooops, it popped up on ebay a week later.
  :roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

j

After I met the band, I posted a bunch of pics on my site.  Below are some others.  Notice that the pic has been removed!