What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: Ulrich on July 21, 2019, 11:13:01
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on July 21, 2019, 00:43:09Yes I can. I have played in 9 shows ...

Cool. Keep it up! Maybe one day you'll let us view a video of you drumming?  :)
I have some on my youtube @getupstandgreen :)

word_on_a_wing

Oh wow, this is awesome. The Eurythmics one completely spun my mind 😂

www.sadanduseless.com/sleeveface/
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

dsanchez

Watching this and remembering someone...

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

My little goldfish from Peru and her new video. 
5:00 😍
7:30 👍🏻
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

word_on_a_wing

I'm starting my journey to Europe and realising this is ahead of me: bus-train-bus-flight-flight-train-train-shuttle =arrived 🤭😆

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on July 25, 2019, 22:39:54bus-train-bus-flight-flight-train-train-shuttle

Nice, have fun! :winking_tongue

"Whose idea was this?" will spring to your mind for sure...  ;)

Hope you'll arrive safely and in the end it will all be worth it!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on July 25, 2019, 22:39:54I'm starting my journey to Europe and realising this is ahead of me: bus-train-bus-flight-flight-train-train-shuttle =arrived 🤭😆

Are you flying over the North Pole? Good Trip! ✈️ 🚉 🚌

MeltingMan

OMG, OMG, OMG ... 27.9 ℃ in the living room and another video from Fiorella. I can not survive that. 😰 😉

1:20 🐠🌈👌🏻
2:40 💒👀
2:50 💚👁

MeltingMan

🍒 PLT-LOOKBOOK 🍒
0:30 👌🏻
5:30 😍
9:30 😙

word_on_a_wing

My journey back from Europe was pretty full-on. I'm just arriving in Melbourne after starting the journey back 44hrs ago (I kid you not!)
Some highlights include:
*almost missing my first flight due to train delays
*my flight being changed shortly beforehand, requiring a 14hr layover in Guangzhou China
*getting a free hotel in China from the airline which was decent, but such a strange experience, a grand hotel surrounded by very poor dwellings surrounding it
*my baggage not arriving in Melbourne, though told it is coming on a flight tonight and should be delivered tomorrow

Am well and truly looking forward to a home cooked meal and a nap :)

SueC

Wow, @word_on_a_wing, another unpleasant-sounding long haul... Technology needs to hurry up and give us TARDISes...

Nice to hear you're home safe.  Did they feed you well on the plane?

On my mind - the dog has been ill, for the first time in her life.  Mystery ailment, she's 7 years old, neutrophils way up and on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.  She was hot and shaking on Friday despite treatment and that was awful, but has improved a bit yesterday so I'm going to try to take her for a little walk in a moment.  Kelpies are normally like rockets... when not ill... I do wonder if she ate a Redback when I was evicting a whole pile of them from the patio last week...
SueC is time travelling

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: SueC on August 18, 2019, 06:40:56Technology needs to hurry up and give us TARDISes...

Totally agree!!
I could discuss this topic for ages, but I'm sure I'd sound like a strange alien if I really tried to do so ...ideas such as that on a more subtle level this IS currently a reality (and it's perhaps a matter of waking up to see it).
It would be great though if it could be possible on a physical level too, would make travelling a lot easier :)

SueC I hope your dog is better soon. Gosh redback spiders would be one tricky thing about living out in the wilderness. Do you get snakes too?

SueC

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on August 18, 2019, 12:19:54
Quote from: SueC on August 18, 2019, 06:40:56Technology needs to hurry up and give us TARDISes...

Totally agree!!
I could discuss this topic for ages, but I'm sure I'd sound like a strange alien if I really tried to do so ...ideas such as that on a more subtle level this IS currently a reality (and it's perhaps a matter of waking up to see it).
It would be great though if it could be possible on a physical level too, would make travelling a lot easier :)

Not to mention that with a TARDIS, I could finally get through my to-do lists, as well as read all the books on the bookshelf and then go out and buy some more, and ditto with music, and hey, while we're at it, I could just devote some time to complete indolence and doing-nothingness... :)

That other stuff has me intrigued.  Do go on, strange alien sounds are often really interesting! :cool

QuoteSueC I hope your dog is better soon. Gosh redback spiders would be one tricky thing about living out in the wilderness. Do you get snakes too?

Thanks for the well-wishes.  :)  She was pretty miserable on Friday, slept all day Saturday, but by mid-morning yesterday responded with enthusiasm to the question, "Walkies?"  And she ran ahead of me like a locomotive as usual, mouth wide-open with her doggy grin, eyes sparkling, snapping at bees, rounding up donkeys.  I can't tell you how relieved I was...

We have plenty of snakes here, as we have around 20 hectares of swamp flats in the mix here - I see them a lot, but usually snakes don't bother people unless you're trying to kill them (that's >70% of snakebite in Australia), or accidentally stepping on them or sticking your arms down a nook they're in.  Our dog has great snake sense - gives them a wide berth.  But she does eat bees (probably like those sour bear lollies to her - stomach full of nectar, and an invigorating sort of sting...); so it's possible for her to accidentally ingest a Redback, which could have made her ill.

Have a lovely day!  :)
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

WONDER WANDAS BIKINI SHOW 3..2..1 (with W.A. Mozart) 👌🏻

3:50 😵
4:45-5:15 🤗

Ulrich

My recent (short) trip to Franconia with a handful of nice people is on my mind (trying to "work it all up", incl. viewing the hundreds of photos I took). I had been pre-planning it and we managed to make almost all of the schedule (visiting castles, churches, palaces, beautiful old towns)! Plus we had time to eat (local) food and taste some of the (local) beer or wine.  :cool

(This pic is some of us in front of the residence Ellingen)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...