Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Went to a supermarket, then to another one (because while I like the first one, there's things I couldn't find there, but needed to bring my mum), there I got some bananas, a woman crossed my way from the left, so I stopped and let her pass, she nodded to say "thanks" - and we looked at each other... with the masks on, you can almost only see the hair and the eyes... I said "oh it is you", because I finally recognised an old friend. Hadn't seen her in years, but she lives nearby now, so she expected to run into me some day. (We'd lost touch a few years ago, but that should change now.)  :happy
And the way the rain comes down hard
that's how I feel inside...

dsanchez

Colombia 0 Peru 1 in a key victory for the World Cup in Qatar. It was Peru's first victory in Colombian soil since 1997. Still three matches to go but Peru depends of itself, so fingers crossed! Chances for qualification intact. Scroll to 07:00 for the goal.

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

MeltingMan

Finally some sunshine! 😎

...but only today and tomorrow.
Le malheur en amour vient souvent de la vanité
qu'on y apporte; on veut quelqu'un de rare, de
prestigieux, et le critère du plaisir, l'envie seule le
fournit. Peu de gens osent sentir par eux-mêmes,
choisir à leur point de vue et obéir à leur propre
sensibilité.

(Les amants de Pise, Éd. 1912)

Ulrich

On this rather sad day, it made me happy to go chasing some little white spots in the woods (we call them "Maerzenbecher", they're "spring snowflakes" in English I think)

Ulrich

I keep making historical excursions to keep myself happy... yesterday on the way home, there was a beautiful evening sky and I took this photo (church tower of the "Michaelsberg" can be seen in it):

dsanchez

Peru won to Paraguay and will play against Australia or UAE in June for a final spot to the World Cup :)

2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on March 30, 2022, 17:01:34Peru won to Paraguay

Is it too late for a t-shirt contest?  :-D

I am (kinda) happy because I did some walking/hiking while the weather was nice (for a few weeks), now with snow coming over the weekend, I might stay indoors more.

Ulrich

... the pain in my neck & shoulder has disappeared.  :cool

MeltingMan

I had the last check-up appointment with the surgeon without any waiting time.  :smth023
Le malheur en amour vient souvent de la vanité
qu'on y apporte; on veut quelqu'un de rare, de
prestigieux, et le critère du plaisir, l'envie seule le
fournit. Peu de gens osent sentir par eux-mêmes,
choisir à leur point de vue et obéir à leur propre
sensibilité.

(Les amants de Pise, Éd. 1912)