Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

Quote from: Steve on March 16, 2008, 17:40:42
I arranged to get some of my better bootlegs remixed into 5.1 audio dvds.
:D
Looking forward to the reults

I've never understood how one can take a simple stereo mix and magically transform it into 6 channels...

:?:

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 16, 2008, 17:55:17

I've never understood how one can take a simple stereo mix and magically transform it into 6 channels...

me neither. i saw a guy advertising this on another forum and i was just scratching my head  :smth017
because i never saw anyone being able to turn a mono recording into stereo either...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 16, 2008, 18:03:29

me neither. i saw a guy advertising this on another forum and i was just scratching my head  :smth017
because i never saw anyone being able to turn a mono recording into stereo either...

I was curious also. So I arranged to send some stuff to see what he can do.
I'll keep you posted how it turns out.
TBH my AV amp simulates surround sound from stereo sources & it is quite good for concerts with all the crowd atmosphere.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Steve

I just thought about this a bit more.
Some DVDs of really old films have had the old DD5.1 treatment somehow.
All the old James Bond films for instance.
& then look at something like The Wizard of Oz. Is there not a DTS version of this?
I don't think the original had anything more than a mono soundtrack either.
Some seriously good gadgets needed there methinks.
Cheers
Steve

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 16, 2008, 18:03:29because i never saw anyone being able to turn a mono recording into stereo either...

Actually, this has been done quite a lot with stuff from the '50s and '60s...

By the same token I've also heard a lot of complaints about these fake stereo mixes. Unfortunately I don't know of any specific examples, and I've never had the opportunity to compare the before and after results.

Steve

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 16, 2008, 19:24:30
Quote from: japanesebaby on March 16, 2008, 18:03:29because i never saw anyone being able to turn a mono recording into stereo either...

Actually, this has been done quite a lot with stuff from the '50s and '60s...

By the same token I've also heard a lot of complaints about these fake stereo mixes. Unfortunately I don't know of any specific examples, and I've never had the opportunity to compare the before and after results.

TBH the sound on the James Bond (earlier) movies is not the best on the DVDs.
Cheers
Steve

Steve

Got a ticket (standing) for Wembley on Thursday night :-D
Cheers
Steve

Janko

I FOUND THIS BAND - REBELSTAR - FROM Szentendre-Belgrade-Becej (MEMBERS FROM Serbia AND Hungary) AND THEY ARE AWESOME!
REMINDED ME OF ALL THAT GREAT MID-90'S ALTERNATIVE-BRITPOP STUFF
PSYCHODELIC BUT STILL SIMPLE AND CATCHY
YOU CAN DOWLOAD THEIR FIRST ALBUM FOR FREE:

WWW.REBELSTAR-MUSIC.COM

GO TO : Arhiva PAGE

THEIR MYSPACE:
http://www.myspace.com/rebelstarmusic
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

robiola

Quote from: Steve on March 18, 2008, 14:54:38
Got a ticket (standing) for Wembley on Thursday night :-D
Hey, that's great!  :smth023
Got your plane tickets yet? All set to go?

scatcat

happy today... I'm home, and my cat ( who was in a shelter while away) missed me so much, he's not left my side all day. In fact, he's sitting right in front of my PC screen, and playing with the mouse!! wherever I go, he follows. It's nice to know you are loved.  :smth050
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on March 23, 2008, 05:27:46
happy today... I'm home, and my cat ( who was in a shelter while away) missed me so much, he's not left my side all day. In fact, he's sitting right in front of my PC screen, and playing with the mouse!! wherever I go, he follows. It's nice to know you are loved.  :smth050
Nice to see the critters again when you've been away, isn't it....
Well, we're glad to have you back too!

melly

It has been a beautiful, beautiful day (weatherwise) today... the sun was shining, a gentle breeze.. inspite of mother nature doing her best to make things difficult, the raging winds, the 100 plus degrees not that long ago, the garden is awash with colour and looks lovely. The bees are busy on all of the flowers, the birds are bathing in the birdbath, ladybirds are seeing to the aphids making an appearance; seeds I planted just a week ago are breaking through, so my winter crop of vegies are on the way. A day to sit back and appreciate everything. Cool nights, warm days. Just perfect. Sometimes, it's the small things which can fill your soul and lift your spirits. such a lovely, lovely day.
And it  made me so happy....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Sussex

Happy today because

My training class went well. Even though not all of them coming but i truly had lot of fun to train them. :!:
"Thick As Shit"

Poe

...I'm gonna go see The Sting (1973) at an independent movie theatre (gotta love those...), and I'm swamped with the most exquisite music recommendations from friends, yay! Busy busy busy...
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

melly

Tomorrow, (Friday) is our anniversary...17 years. Wow, that has gone so quickly, honestly. Second time around for both of us, but we are soulmates and feel like we've been together forever. Met at a school cricket match...both our boys played for the school... wasn't looking for a relationship, was quite happy being Ms. Independant. Well, that changed. We're not married, for no other reason than we never got around to it!! Nothing against being married. But, after 17 years, I think we qualify as being an old married couple huh? Probably go out to lunch, see how I feel when I wake up... but, I'm happy...very happy...
(and as I'm typing this, he, sitting on the couch, just let rip   :shock: ...oh he's a charmer alright!!) *laughing*  if you can't fart in front of each other, it's not true love..excuse me, I have to go...outside.. to get some fesh air!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...