Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

got to see steven wilson and gavin harrison again :eek: :rocker as i went to porcupine tree in ruisrock festival yesterday
very happyyyy :D

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

DJscribbles

Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

japanesebaby

Quote from: DJscribbles on July 08, 2008, 20:35:08
yay!! im very jealous :)

hey you like them too? :D

a freaking awesome gig - although i hate it that festival gigs are so short... but i'm still feeling happy-lucky that i got to be there!

i put some videos on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhQvS6xQIA

(that guy is the coca cola cap in front of me, on that video... curse him, what an idiot he was: for instance, for some weird reason his pants suddenly fell down to his ankles in the middle of 'sound of muzak' and he was standing there and shouting to everyone "what the hell happened to my pants! what the hells happened to my pants!!" - hey come on wtf  just get those bloody pants up and shut up dude!
festival crowds are SO weird sometimes...)

wish-man

Happy 2day bcuz I feel tht I AM A REAL BIG CURE FAN!!!  :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

DJscribbles

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 09, 2008, 21:17:36

hey you like them too? :D

a freaking awesome gig - although i hate it that festival gigs are so short... but i'm still feeling happy-lucky that i got to be there!

i put some videos on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhQvS6xQIA

(that guy is the coca cola cap in front of me, on that video... curse him, what an idiot he was: for instance, for some weird reason his pants suddenly fell down to his ankles in the middle of 'sound of muzak' and he was standing there and shouting to everyone "what the hell happened to my pants! what the hells happened to my pants!!" - hey come on wtf  just get those bloody pants up and shut up dude!
festival crowds are SO weird sometimes...)
[/quote]
i freaking love them!!
thats what i love about fests.. that sounded so fun, japanesebaby! im gad soemthing interesting like that happened, especially during their set. im laughing so hard right now!!

i am happy today because i met my youtube friend from sweden (she is Poe on here), and we hung out in san francisco! i told my parents shes a foreign exchange student - ROFL!!! so all of us - my family and her, had dinner togethor. so f*cking SURREAL. if my parents found out, they would lock me up FOREVER AND EVER. and then my mom hugged her goodbye before i could... that was abosltuelyl hilarious. MY MOM HUGGED MY YOUTUBE FRIEND. i should get a shirt that says that.
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

Poe

Quote from: DJscribbles on July 10, 2008, 09:18:09
i am happy today because i met my youtube friend from sweden (she is Poe on here), and we hung out in san francisco! i told my parents shes a foreign exchange student - ROFL!!! so all of us - my family and her, had dinner togethor. so f*cking SURREAL. if my parents found out, they would lock me up FOREVER AND EVER.

Yees, we were playing with fire a little bit, weren't we? Fortunately we can blame it on being young and...a little crazy I guess...  8) If your parents ever read this ( :shock:), no hard feelings! We meant no disrespect.

Anyhow, it was great meeting you DJ, I'll never forget it! We were so lucky I happened to be going on vacation where you live, that's a one in a million (see, how could we not have met!?)! Too bad we didn't get that much time in SF to talk in peace and quiet (next time), but among other things we got to exchange some CD's and, in silent tribute to the band that made it all happen, walk around in SF wearing our Cure tour t-shirts, hehe (a couple of months back, we both commented on a youtube video of The Walk from the MTV Unplugged show in 1991, and later started writing to each other). Wouldn't have happened without you guys!

Quote from: DJscribbles on July 10, 2008, 09:18:09and then my mom hugged her goodbye before i could... that was abosltuelyl hilarious. MY MOM HUGGED MY YOUTUBE FRIEND. i should get a shirt that says that.

Gotta wear t-shirts like that next time.  ;)
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

i freaking love them!!

hey that's nice to hear. :D
imo they are an absolutely gorgeous group.

thats what i love about fests.. that sounded so fun, japanesebaby! im gad soemthing interesting like that happened, especially during their set. im laughing so hard right now!!

you mean the pants thing? well actually what i meant was that that's exactly what i HATE about festivals: all these f*cking freaks ruining some performances that you yourself have been really waiting for for months! i do know festivals are festivals and there are a lot of things that can happen and you just have to deal with it and try to take it casually, but the truth is that i didn't go there to see this guy's "pants performance", i went to see one of my favorite groups to play. 
so i really could have kicked that "pants guy" straight in the balls (hey actually i should have because his pants were already down so i could have hardly missed...  :twisted:)

(i know one peaceful PT guy who actually did punch a similar kind of idiot straight into the face during 'anesthetize', just because that idiot was babbling to his ear all through the set. and no thtat guy is not a violent guy - there's just a limit of what you can take, even in a festival surroundings...)

Janko

I saw SEX PISTOLS, MINISTRY, THE HIVES and MARKY RAMONE yesterday at EXIT festival and it was awesome...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Hero

Hello everyone :smth039 :smth006
I'm happy today because i'm back!! YEY! I went away for a bit to India but i just got back (via HMV to buy Sleep When I'm Dead)  :smth020 So i'm as happy as hippo :-D

wish-man

Happy today because I'm watching 'Revolver' with famous Peter Cook & 'So It Goes' wish also unless famous Tony Wilson... and I think it was great time in 1978 & 70's!  :smth023 I love British TV & whole UK!  :-D
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

sues777

Quote from: Hero on July 17, 2008, 09:39:55
I'm happy today because i'm back!! YEY! I went away for a bit to India but i just got back (via HMV to buy Sleep When I'm Dead)  :smth020 So i'm as happy as hippo :-D

Welcome back Hero!!  India...sounds fascinating....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Poe

Heard one of my neighbors play Coin-Operated Boy by The Dresden Dolls this afternoon. Finally, a neighbor with taste!
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

scatcat

Quote from: Hero on July 17, 2008, 09:39:55

cheers Hero!! lucky-duck , experiencing India!  :smth023

welcome home !!   :smth038 :smth041 :smth040  :smth006

on topic: happy today 'cos my Chairman Mao is recovering from quite an ordeal.. Heart disease, as well as  a severe attack from another cat !
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

silversand

Welcome back Hero!!!  :smth039
Hope you enjoyed your trip to India :)

melly

Happy... my son, whom I sadly waved "good bye" to nearly 2 months ago at the airport, has received 2 "distinctions" already at Police College. Full time uni, masses of study, 5am starts. He just had an exam which was 50% of this terms pass marks...and he received a "distinction", ( exceptional, if people don't understand that mark).. he also did a huge assignment on law, and received the other "distinction".
Good looks AND brains... what can I say?! hahaha..that's my boy....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...