What series are you currently watching?

Started by dsanchez, November 18, 2020, 09:18:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Season 2... it's not as good as Season 1 though. While Taylor Sheridan was solely responsible for the writing & directing in S1, in S2 most episodes are co-written by him & other authors and there are several directors... It's still a good watch, but S1 was just incredibly good!!

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Lollo

Im watching Vikings at the moment just made it t season 4
I laughed in the mirror for the first time in a year.

Breathe
Breathe on me
Be like you used to be
Breathe on me

Ulrich

In preparation for the final season (which I hope to get within a few weeks), I'm re-watching the whole of "Peaky Blinders" (1-5)!

Ulrich

Quote from: Ulrich on August 11, 2022, 10:57:29In preparation for the final season

That (Peaky Blinders 6) should be here soon, also I learned that "Yellowstone" season 3 has just been released in Germany, thus I will get it asap! "Better Call Saul" season 6 I will put on my wish list for Santa Claus, thus I should be happily watching those three well into the new year! :happy

Ulrich

Ulrich

Not a long wait now, I hear "Yellowstone" season 4 will be out in Germany in late February.

Ulrich

Always good to re-watch "The Sopranos" (season 2 right now):

Ulrich

I do agree that many characters in the series do have a real good "arc":

https://www.looper.com/1220881/yellowstone-fans-agree-jimmys-character-arc-has-been-one-of-the-best/

QuoteOne of the things "Yellowstone" is best known for is its collection of carefully crafted and morally ambiguous characters. Better yet, as the show continues on, the surviving cast members continue to reveal new layers even as new characters come and go along the way.

Someone who has been there from the beginning, though, has been Jimmy Hurdstrom (Jefferson White). While he began the series as nothing more than a petty criminal who is basically forced to work on the Yellowstone Ranch by Rip Wheeler (Cole Hauser), Jimmy went on to show that he is a man worthy of respect and of great value to the ranch that he once despised.

Though the character left "Yellowstone" at the tail end of Season 4, that doesn't stop fans from remembering him fondly and admiring his growth over the course of the series.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/1220881/yellowstone-fans-agree-jimmys-character-arc-has-been-one-of-the-best/

Ulrich

Rewatching Westworld now:

(Spoiler warning: many people complain that it ends with Season 4, but I saw it as a possible ending, not a perfect one, but I could live without a Season 5...)

nerdiee

I finished watching Twin Peaks yesterday and..I liked it very much, I think I will watch other works of David Lynch, I really like theme of reality on the verge of sleep and vice versa

oh,I would love to watch it again, I want to go back to the cozy first season after the third season..
teach me how to swim at the same deep water as you

Ulrich

Quote from: nerdiee on July 19, 2023, 11:06:49I finished watching Twin Peaks yesterday ...

Twin Peaks IS one of the best I ever watched. Even though Season 2 has a few weak moments (and unnecessary side stories), I love it forever.

Quote from: nerdiee on July 19, 2023, 11:06:49I think I will watch other works of David Lynch, I really like theme of reality on the verge of sleep and vice versa

Well, Season 3 (The Return) and some of his movies do have a "dream-like" (or "nightmarish") quality!

Keep in mind that "Twin Peaks" was created by Mark Frost & David Lynch. (Lynch wasn't much on the set of TP when he made his "Wild at heart" movie in 1990, which means Mark Frost was the "showrunner" for a while.)

Lynch's movie "Blue Velvet" is probably closest to "Twin Peaks" (main actor & atmosphere). I enjoyed "Lost Highway" & "Mulholland Drive" too. "Inland Empire" is a bit too confusing for me...

First I ever saw (in cinema, back then I did know nothing about him!) was his version of "Dune" (1984), which isn't too bad after all, but he didn't really like it himself.

Quote from: nerdiee on July 19, 2023, 11:06:49oh,I would love to watch it again, I want to go back to the cozy first season after the third season..

Why not, watch it again, you'll discover many things (S3 is full of quotes & hints which date back to the first seasons).
I've probably watched it 20 times since it first aired (here in Germany back in 1991/'92) and I still notice new things!

Ulrich

Well I'm watching Yellowstone season 5 (part 1 - part 2 is delayed & will come 2024).

Gotta say I didn't expect too much, but so far it was great to watch & moving at times. At a funeral scene I had to cry. One episode later, at some kind of "family dinner", I laughed a lot...

Ulrich

https://screenrant.com/ways-twin-peaks-changed-tv-shows-forever/

QuoteThe iconic ABC show Twin Peaks redefined television in such a way that its influence is still palpable over 30 years later. When the surreal serial drama first aired in 1990, viewers had never seen anything like creators David Lynch and Mark Frost's singular vision, which was a show inflected with horror, violence, and comedy all at once.

Prior to Twin Peaks, a compelling musical score was not considered an essential ingredient for most television series aside from the theme song. But Angelo Badalamenti's moody, jazz compositions for the show were unlike anything heard on mainstream television up to that point. The atmospheric, noir-inspired soundtrack went a long way towards establishing the show's dark, offbeat tone.

Very true!  :smth023

Ulrich

A new one to start the year with? Yeah, why not...  :cool

Never been the biggest Stallone fan, but he's doing this well. Created by Taylor Sheridan (him again, he who wrote "Yellowstone" & 2 spin-offs, does he ever sleep?) and Terence Winter ("The Sopranos", "Boardwalk Empire") is also involved.