2005.08.05 Benicassim - Area de Conciertos de Benicassim (Spain)

Started by dsanchez, July 27, 2005, 01:25:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

On friday next week the best band of the world is going to perform. Is anyone here going there?

I have a friend who works in the festival and I will TRY to get some pics, or bootleg the concert if possible :P

Hope so!!!

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

heixiao

I know Tristan is gonna see them in Berlin (Grrrr!!!!!) I'm so jealous!!!
I'm sure these summer shows are gonna be amazing!

I will wait after your pics and your commentaries !!!  :D  :D
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

Dirk_X

Tristan Berlin

Yes, me too.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I'm looking forward to it. Further I hope that someone is recording a bootleg. It will be a great show, i know it!  :D

Cheers, Tr#

lostflower4

Please... All this talk of possible bootlegs is getting me too excited!  :lol:

smitha

i will be at the Lokeren show and i'll try to record it (not on DAT but mp3)

lostflower4

Quote from: smithai will be at the Lokeren show and i'll try to record it (not on DAT but mp3)

You mean record it with an mp3 player?

Anonymous

lostflower4

Quote from: Anonymousyes, it's the most propable thing

I'm assuming that's you, Smitha?   :?

That's cool. Just curious. I wish you the best of luck, and enjoy the show!   :D

smitha

yes it was me, sorry

i have no DAT recorder but i'm thinkig about buying a mp3 player Creative MUVO 1GB. Do you know it? what do you think?

lostflower4

I did some research on that unit. It seems like a very nice player. But I don't know about the recording aspect of it. They call it a "voice recorder", so I don't know how well it can handle music.

I know quite a bit about sound recording, but I've never attempted to record a concert. From what I've heard it's pretty difficult to get good results.

One thing I might suggest is to see if the Creative unit has a level input for the recorder. This is one part where tapers make a mistake a lot of the time. If it's set to high, the sound will be distorted. I think it's best to set the level low if you're unsure. You can always bring up the volume later, but you can't get rid of clipping and distortion!

I was just thinking... If you don't want to spend a lot of money, you might be better off just buying a Walkman type cassette recorder ? one with a level input. Lots of great boots were made with the old WM-d3 and d6 recorders. Of course the microphones they used could have had a lot to do with it, but maybe you'd be ok using the built-in mic.

Either way, I'd just give it a shot. Who knows, you might get lucky!  :D

heixiao

Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

x-rays

oh, I wish I could go to these summer shows!!!maybe Saint-Malo but i'm not sure yet...

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Really hope some great bootlegs will emerge to comfort me
[color=red][b]Plastic Passion Webmaster[/b]
[i]A Cure Trading Site[/i][/color]

dsanchez

This seems to be the stream for the french radio who's going to pass the concert

http://cache.yacast.fr/V4/lemouv/lemouv.asx
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

mintcure

Is not taking off, but alt.end :)...hope they play "taking off" anyway cause it's nicer :)

Benicassim online:
http://cache.yacast.fr/V4/lemouv/lemouv.asx

Cure started with Fascination Street, Taking Off play at this moment  :D
I found a book on how to be invisible
Take a pinch of keyhole
And fold yourself up
You cut along the dotted line
You think inside out
And you’re invisible...

Kate Bush 2005